Create Fast Mission Error

Gökhan

Hello Manowar. the weird character I was referring to is the "tilde" on the i of Ramirez and no, I am not usig the Spanish GUI in spite of being Spanish myself. Thank you for your help as well. Like I said before it isn't a game breaking bug for me, plenty of other ways to enjoy single player missions but I kinda liked that feature. Next time I format my computer, I will remeber not to create a user name with weird characters on it.

18 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

I'll find out. I don't remember he has any weird character in the name, but worth the shot. Also, I believe he probably uses Spanish GUI, just in case it might be related also.

S!

And do YOU have any accentuated character in your Windows login?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

36 minutes ago, Flappie said:

No, I don't, anymore because I changed it a few weeks ago to see if it fixed the issue but no joy. BUT I DID have it accentuated when I installed DCS and changing windows username folder and rerouting everything to new username is more complicated than it looks or sounds like. Hence why I said if I ever format again, I will keep in mind not using weird characters.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

No, the problem is with a friend of mine that's why I have to find out, I never had the problem.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

On 4/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, Hawk331 said:

Thank you for trying to help, @Flappie. I mean it is not game breaking or anything. I can live with it. I will keep on trying trhings to fix it. I can tell you renaming the folder to back up so DCS create a new one didn't work for me. Maybe. it is my spanish user name with a strange character causing the issue.

Bravo! You were right. This bug is caused by "non-standard" characters in the Windows user name. I'll report this to the team.

EDIT: reported.

image.png

accents_dcs.log

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi, i've same problem here, by the way i've try to understand why my windows's pseudonyme ins't with standard characters : "Mebi" 🙂 
I've already do repair & reinstall. I can"t reinstall my windows because i don't use exclusively this pc for gaming, and i need it alive at every time ^^

Can you feedback when a patch we'll coming ? 

Thx !

error.jpg

Edited by Mebi

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 10:56 PM, Flappie said:

This is still broken indeed. I've just bumped my initial report to ED.

Thank You, this seems solve in the last release. I was able to create a mission and launch it, I was also able to edit it.

I'll try to install my setup for launch some game tomorrow, and try more than 2 settings. ^^