R1 temporary bug fixes (currently: M02)

On mission 3, prior to 2.7 update I was able to refuel with the tanker and continue on with the mission as planned. Even AAR the second time. Unfortunately I never got to finish the mission as the whole area lost power as I was 20 miles out from Mother. Got around to playing the mission again finally post 2.7 update, however my wingman Nail 4-2 will connect with the tanker alongside me, but he will not disconnect from the tanker at all. I restarted the mission, same thing happened.

Also, some radio messages do not come through as before, or they will come through several seconds after Flip has replied.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, CHSims said:

On mission 3, […]Got around to playing the mission again finally post 2.7 update, however my wingman Nail 4-2 will connect with the tanker alongside me, but he will not disconnect from the tanker at all. I restarted the mission, same thing happened.

Also, some radio messages do not come through as before, or they will come through several seconds after Flip has replied.

Experienced this with mission 4, wingman connected first to the S3 and wouldn’t disco.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 4 weeks later...
Am 19.4.2021 um 18:36 schrieb baltic_dragon:

Thanks, I will check. It may be the AI refuel bug ver 2 - as it has been fixed before. Thanks for reporting!

Hi,

has this already been fixed?

I got this refuel bug once in Mission 2 and get it now again in Mission 3 during the first AAR with Exxon. Smoke refuels forever.

The campaign is great from what i have seen until now. But i don't like to play the campaign with this happening all the time. It's quite frustrating. :(

Is there a fix incoming or some kind of workaround?

Thanks.

Sile

Edited by Sile

vor 19 Stunden schrieb baltic_dragon:

This is weird as I cannot reproduce it. For me they refuel normally, I also tried to build a new simple mission to try to see if this happens - but so far wasn’t able to. I’ll keep trying. 

Thanks for your answer and tests. DCS is a complex beast so probably weird stuff is happening.

And i shouldn't complain too much, since i'm flying in open beta. But who doesn't want to enjoy the clouds... 😉

Edited by Sile

2 hours ago, Sile said:

Thanks for your answer and tests. DCS is a complex beast so probably weird stuff is happening.

And i shouldn't complain too much, since i'm flying in open beta. But who doesn't want to enjoy the clouds... 😉

I saw something about AI never ending the AAR as being worked on, so perhaps this will be solved soon. I will check. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

On mission 10, the SA-15 isn't being destroyed. Then others say "missile launch" and say it doesn't appear to be tracking, but it actually is tracking. Kills me even when I go defensive because it actually launches two missiles at me when I'm right above the sight. Not much I can do to pass this mission, so this seems like a bug?

I've edited the logbook.lua file for Mission 3 in an attempt to skip the refueling as shown:

[3] =
                        {
                            ["stage"] = 3,
                            ["mission"] = "R1 M03 ALT A.miz",
                        }, -- end of [3]

When I launch the mission from the main menu, it replaces the ["mission"] = "R1 M03 ALT A.miz", with ["mission"] = "R1 M03miz". I can't seem to figure out how to make it launch the mission from the Alt A.miz version.

Any tips?

On 5/23/2021 at 10:49 AM, Swinny said:

On mission 10, the SA-15 isn't being destroyed. Then others say "missile launch" and say it doesn't appear to be tracking, but it actually is tracking. Kills me even when I go defensive because it actually launches two missiles at me when I'm right above the sight. Not much I can do to pass this mission, so this seems like a bug?

On my to-do list for the next update, thanks!

• 3 months later...

I also have problems in mission 3.

First time i got shot down so i played again skipping to the first refuel part. On the way back after the mission my wingman ejected after running out of fuel before we got to the tanker. Then i played again skipping to the rtb part, this time my wingman went back to the tanker just before landing and endlessly refueled there. Many planes stuck on the deck so i almost crashed to them landing, got only 90% score and no "mission complete" text.

My wingman also refused to shoot the escaping car, he just continued to fly forward.

Edited by Grodin

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

4 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Unfortunately I am afraid the AAR bug for the AI is back (having been fixed several times before)… at this stage i would advise to just skip M3 and move on, unfortunately I have very limited options when it comes to controlling the AI and saving them from running out of fuel…

It worked perfectly on the way to the mission area, but problems on the return trip. One failsafe could be that everything keeps working OK even if the wingman ejects or gets stuck on the refuel plane, so that the mission script keeps going if AI gets stuck for too long or dies.

Is player getting shot at in mission 3 intentional? Second time he shot my wingman and it missed even he didnt try to evade at all. I assumed im supposed to fly over the town at low altitude on that point and honestly had absolutely no chance to react because the missile came out of nowhere. It felt like a trap tbh. Flying higher up it worked fine. Needless to say it is very frustrating after being 2 hours in to the mission.

But overall no complaints, so far this campaign is the best thing i've ever played in DCS!

Edited by Grodin

Im stuck in mission 6. I get the radio call for the tower telling them we are coming, but after that nothing happens. No matter how much i keep pressing spacebar next to the carrier it doesnt kiss clam off, im exactly at 8:00 about 100 meters left of the carrier. Any ideas?

• 3 months later...

Guys, a word of warning: there is currently a bug in DCS that makes the tankers that start from the deck (either ramp start or from the cat) useless, the AI won't see them and they won't appear in the radio menu. Which will break some of the R1 missions - I hope this is fixed for the next update (it is already reported). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Guys, a word of warning: there is currently a bug in DCS that makes the tankers that start from the deck (either ramp start or from the cat) useless, the AI won't see them and they won't appear in the radio menu. Which will break some of the R1 missions - I hope this is fixed for the next update (it is already reported). 

Could the same thing be affecting AEW/AWACS? I can't talk to Magic in Mission 2, and Smoke goes AWOL after cutting East.

Edited by BuLLeT.ZA

Saitek X52 | 4770k@4.3GHz | MSI 1080GTX Armor OC | TrackIR 5

• baltic_dragon changed the title to R1 temporary bug fixes (currently: M02)
  • 1 year later...

No idea @algherghezghez. I flew it twice as I am updating whole campaign and it works for me normally, as it does for two of my testers. Do you have any unofficial 3rd party mods installed or use software such as voice attack etc? Also, perhaps try to run a full repair. This problem seems to affect certain people but works OK for most and we've discovered some time ago that 3rd party mods can affect AI behaviour in campaigns...

Another thing - what are your PC specs? On slower machines it takes some time for the AI to notice "stop" flag (in this case: "stop following" flag) and may cause behaviour like this. Let me try something and send you an unprotected version of the mission to check if it works for you, ok?

I only have graphic mods (some texture here and there) and my understanding is that texture don't affect bug, correct? I only had one non graphic mod, which I removed, repaired and tryed again but the problem is still there. The correct version of the mission is the one in the game or the one uploaded here?

Also are you testing your missions on the current DCS build? And the mission is the same that we have?

And finally I don’t think it’s the machine: I’ve got a medium/high end pc running smooth at max settings, also I waited quite a bit to see if he detached, 10 minutes or so.

Thank you for the help!

Edited by algherghezghez

I am using Closed Open Beta for updating missions because I can catch bugs about to be added early.. but that means I won't be able to send you updated version of the mission for testing because it likely won't work at all, at least until next OB patch hits. Apologies! But I can do a different thing, if you are in Discord, please hit me up there (balticdragon). Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I'm having an issue with mission 2 that I don't see any info on.  I launch before Smoke as I'm supposed to, but he never joins on my wing, he simply launches off, eventually makes a turn southeast, then drones along at 2,500' indefinitely.  On the F-10 map it shows his callsign as Springfield 71 while mine is Springfield 21.  I would think his should be Springfield 22.  Anyway, this makes the mission unplayable.  I've tried in both Multithread and single thread DCS versions.  I have no mods of any sort and do not use any voice control.  Any help would be great, thanks.

Edited by NavalAV8TR

Hey @NavalAV8TR. I cannot reproduce this bug, but I've heard it may be happening to some people - likely the same issue as the bug with task stop flags not working for some folks. Do you have any unofficial 3rd party mods installed? Also, do you have VAICOM or Voice Attack? These may cause strange AI behaviour in DLC campaigns. On top of that for some people switching from MT to ST helps. And finally - try to run a full repair of the DCS, that also worked for some. As I say, for me and all of my testers this mission works as it should and that is why it is difficult to troubleshoot... let me know pls!

Thanks Baltic Dragon for the response.  I just want to say that it's awesome that you're so involved with your module and consistently work to improve the product, very refreshing these days! 

I don't have any 3rd party mods installed, do not use or have VAICOM or Voice Attack installed, have tried in both MT and ST, and have run a full (slow) repair of DCS and no luck.  My concern wasn't necessarily this mission, I just didn't want to invest the time in the follow-on missions just to find out they were unplayable hours into them.  The good news is mission 3 seems to be working well, although I ran out of time and didn't get to finish it.  

Anyway, thanks again for looking into it!