Can’t load in Multiplayer, crash to desktop.

pepin1234

• ED Team

please add your dcs log other wise we are guessing.

If you have not already remove any unofficial mod ( if any ) run a full cleanup and repair or verify for steam users. I have a guide below.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks

Also ensure windows and your display driver are up to date.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

new NVIDIA Drivers seem good so far for me, worth a try.

thanks

I compressed multiple crash logs for today. The last one was a frozen PC with Ctrl Alt Del forcing close it.

I also tried a launch without load my HOTAS profile with the Target Gui Thrustmaster software and seemed to work well inside a Syria map server. After that I tried again with the Target CUI loaded profile and happen the crash again. That never happen with Caucasus map.

I only use Scripts like Tacview and SRS radio.

Windows 10 regularly updated

DCS-Multiple logs.zip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi

try the advice below in my signature for crash.

do a full cleanup and repair

Also try setting your pagefile to the same amount as your RAM

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

It looks like you have some texture loading issue then a memory problem, setting your pagefile larger should help

thanks

• ED Team
About this solution. I did it on C windows drive. But, I have the DCS install on D SSD drive. Should I do that fix on D where be installed instead C?

Usually your pagefile is on your c drive, it is a windows feature so does not matter about the location of DCS.

thanks

Hi Big Newy. Having similar issues here too. Syria Map loaded fine before this last update but it will not work at all now. I have attached Log file. I cannot get it to run in MP or SP. Crashes out when it gets to Terrain Preload 87 Stage 47.

dcs.log

Hi Big Newy. Having similar issues here too. Syria Map loaded fine before this last update but it will not work at all now. I have attached Log file. I cannot get it to run in MP or SP. Crashes out when it gets to Terrain Preload 87 Stage 47.

Just for info. I have set everything on the lowest settings there are and it still hangs when it gets to Terrain Preload 87 Stage 47.

I have run Repair.

Do not have mods.

2nd Attachment 232821 has no mods just a simple mission with the AV8B

dcs.log-20200827-220029.zip

dcs.log-20200827-232821.zip

Edited by plexi

Something i tried after looking at my C drive, I had 74gig of space left. Thought maybe this was causing an issue with not having enough room. Freed up 1.4gigs worth and tried to run again and hey presto its running ok-ish, not perfect but, has not CTD for a couple of days now. I still feel there are some bugs for sure as its pretty laggy at times especially in MP, Lots of rubber banding and lots of freezes. I have a friend who has a really good system and even he has had some issues none of which either of us had before this last big update. Still at least it is usable at the minute. Guess i will have to wait and see if and when it gets sorted as i'm sure it will. It is early days and its in Beta so patience is the order of the day for now. :music_whistling:

Same for me, 4 crashed in a row tonight as soon as I log in, didn't try after that as I was afraid of punching the headset through the wall. The sad thing is it was doing this before the last update, then the latest update made it so I could jump in the cockpit without crashing, then steam released an update today and now its crashing straight away again. So over it.

dcs.log-20200830-080109.zip

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

I have spent today updating everything I could, flashed the motherboard BIOS, updated motherboard drivers, big windows update (2004), checked everything else was up to date. Annnnnd crash to desktop.

Before the last DCS update it was CTD every time I jumped in any cockpit, after the last DCS update it was not crashing to desktop and I was able to fly, then a steam update and now its back to unusable again. This is all on a system that is only a few months old, 32 gig RAM, 2080 Super, 17 8700 etc...

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

• ED Team

Please follow my crash advice in my sugnature

rename your dcs folder in saved games keep it as a backup for now,

DCS will create a new folder on restart, do not add any mods we want to test without mods.

Run a full cleanup and repair or verify for steam.

If you still get a crash with a vanilla install please attach a fresh crash log.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...