[THERE IS NO TGP BORESGHT COMMAND] Boresight TGP?

mia389

You don’t any more the update has made using the TGP a pain in the ass. You can’t easily find targets of opportunity and make them system targets for CCRP attack any more. You have to have steerpoints for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• ED Team

TMS Aft seems to Cursor Zero the TGP back to the active steerpoint. But you can still get the same effect if you do SP (Snow Plow).

1) Air-to-Ground Mode

2) Ensure CCRP is current mode.

3) Point your aircraft on the azimuth of the target on the ground you want to put the TGP on.

4) Push "SP" on the right side of the TGP MFD to go into Snow Plow mode

5) Push TMS Right to go into Area Track, and then move the TGP up or down in elevation to get the TGP on target

Pro:

- You don't need to point the TGP on the target by going into a dive like boresight mode

Con:

- A few additional button/HOTAS presses

But you can still get the TGP on target pretty quickly.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• ED Team

Not sure what you mean by "system target", but if you are asking if you can engage it then yes. It will still move the TGP "box" to the target (although it may not align perfectly) and the CCRP line will move so you can line it up and pickle.

If you are asking if you can "designate" that point in any way like the Hornet, then no. Until we get markpoints at least.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I’ve tried the snowplow thing and most of the time I still can’t get the hud box to move around even with waypoints and stuff. I just wish chucks guide or GR or red kite would put out a video because I can’t get it to work like it did and it’s extremely frustrating.

• ED Team
I’ve tried the snowplow thing and most of the time I still can’t get the hud box to move around even with waypoints and stuff.

If you look in the TGP video and the crosshairs are larger than the narrow FOV brackets when in Wide FOV, you can't move the TGP because it is "slaved" to that location. You have to enable Area track first, which will then make the crosshairs fit inside the FOV brackets which then you can move it around. Not to say that the crosshair size is what enables you to move it, but it's a good indicator that you haven't switched to Area or Point track yet.

DCS Rotor-Head

I’ve entered hot vipers with multiple steer points pre loaded enter CCRP AG mode make TGP SOI enter SP leave SP TMS up to enter area track slew the TGP and the hud box doesn’t follow still. Also thank you for your help!

That’s always around the HUD box and allows you to designate a target for CCRP attack even if it’s not a steerpoint? I know how to enter point and area track what I don’t know how to do is find a random target and put the HUD box on it so I can CCRP attack it.

• ED Team

Yes, until we get the ability to save markpoints from the TGP, or other sensors, the only ways you can do a CCRP attack on a target is by pointing the TGP at it, or by doing a CCIP-post designate method. However, there is no way currently at this stage in Viper early access that you can save a point in the F-16 by a single-button press.

The closest way to do this is go to NAV mode, manually type in a new steerpoint location from the TGP-displayed coordinates, and then go back into AG mode and attack it that way.

EDIT: Just to be clear, that little HUD box is not a HUD cursor like the A-10 has. That's just showing where the TGP is on the ground, like how the diamond in the A-10 HUD shows where the A-10's TGP is pointed.

Edited by Raptor9

DCS Rotor-Head

TMS Aft seems to Cursor Zero the TGP back to the active steerpoint. But you can still get the same effect if you do SP (Snow Plow).

1) Air-to-Ground Mode

2) Ensure CCRP is current mode.

3) Point your aircraft on the azimuth of the target on the ground you want to put the TGP on.

4) Push "SP" on the right side of the TGP MFD to go into Snow Plow mode

5) Push TMS Right to go into Area Track, and then move the TGP up or down in elevation to get the TGP on target

Pro:

- You don't need to point the TGP on the target by going into a dive like boresight mode

Con:

- A few additional button/HOTAS presses

But you can still get the TGP on target pretty quickly.

This does not work for me at all.

I also found that after each time I use the snowplow work around I have to go to master mode nav then back to A2G in order to reset the snow plow and slew it over a target again if I don’t do that I can’t move it a second time.

It will still move the TGP "box" to the target (although it may not align perfectly) and the CCRP line will move so you can line it up and pickle.

For me this is the problem - sometimes it does as Raptor9 says but about 2/3 of the time it doesn't.

In area track I can slew my TPOD crosshairs to any desired "snowplow" target as Raptor9 says but the CCRP system and the TGP box stay stuck on the steerpoint as their SPI most of the time (not always sometimes it works).

Been a while since I was in the A-10 but if I recall it's exactly as if you fail to broadcast the TPOD SPI with ?DMS long aft?. The HUD and CCRP are stuck on the steerpoint as SPI while the TPOD is on its locked target.

Very reproducible here. Happy to send track file if it would be helpful.

Best all,

Edited by crcr7
Typo

Hi men.

Back to the thread title, I found a way to "boresight" the TGP:

1 TGP as SOI

2 Cursor Zero

3 Push Override pushbutton on TGP MFD (PB 4, I think), wich turns TGP Off

4 Push override again to turn TGP On. The TGP box in the HUD should spiral in to boresight position and then it is posible to move the TGP box/aim point to the desired place.

Saludos

Saca111

P.S. I talking from memory, might be some errors, but I think it's roght.

This thread is a very good example why negative learning is bad.

It will bite us in the buttocks a few more times before we get there though.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Hi men.

Back to the thread title, I found a way to "boresight" the TGP:

1 TGP as SOI

2 Cursor Zero

4 Push override again to turn TGP On. The TGP box in the HUD should spiral in to boresight position and then it is posible to move the TGP box/aim point to the desired place.

Saludos

Saca111

P.S. I talking from memory, might be some errors, but I think it's roght.

That does do that in DCS but it shouldn't. When moving from STBY to AG the TGP should be slaved immediately to existing SPI LOS and not look straight ahead. Doing this also breaks things so it's of limited use.

1 TGP as SOI

2 Cursor Zero

I think you got it (definitely negative learning) but I seem to need one more step.

1) TGP as SOI

2) Cursor Zero (TPOD SPI goes to steerpoint)

3) Move SOI to HUD

4) Cycle OVR to turn TPOD off then on

5) Push SP (Snowplow) (while HUD is still SOI)

6) SOI back to TPOD

off you go- at least every time I tried it . . . .

IIRC it is possible with the DTOSS (Dive Toss) mode. At least in the sim whose name shall not be uttered Dive Toss mode in AG will give you a designation box slewed to your velocity vector and your TGP will be slewed to it as well. Then you simply press TMS Up to ground stabilize the TGP.

The catch is that Dive Toss mode has not been implemented in DCS yet.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

IIRC it is possible with the DTOSS (Dive Toss) mode. At least in the sim whose name shall not be uttered Dive Toss mode in AG will give you a designation box slewed to your velocity vector and your TGP will be slewed to it as well. Then you simply press TMS Up to ground stabilize the TGP.

The catch is that Dive Toss mode has not been implemented in DCS yet.

Yup, BigNewy mentioned the same thing is a similar forum thread

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]