Just saw the Su-37

Re: Just saw the Su-37

Hi Devs!

I saw how cool this fighter was. The nozzles control is simply great.

I hope this plane will appear in future add-ons or on an entirely new sim!

Problem is that the Su37 was only ever a prototype, and no longer exists.

They converted it back to an Su35 after deciding they could get the same manuevrability (and no loss of engine life) by clever programming of the FBW system.

As if to prove a point, it then crashed :wink:

Also, AFAIK, there will be an Su-35 in the game as much as there will be an F-22 (ie. probably not ;) )

Edit: You can expect (As far as ED is concerned) aircraft whose systems they can get fairly reliable information on.

That means Su-30's, probably, Su-39, F-16, Mirages, Jaguar ... that type of thing. The older, the better (fewer classified systems)

SPeaking of which, Devs, how about an F-5E Tiger II flyable? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Also, AFAIK, there will be an Su-35 in the game as much as there will be an F-22 (ie. probably not ;) )

Edit: You can expect (As far as ED is concerned) aircraft whose systems they can get fairly reliable information on.

That means Su-30's, probably, Su-39, F-16, Mirages, Jaguar ... that type of thing. The older, the better (fewer classified systems)

SPeaking of which, Devs, how about an F-5E Tiger II flyable? ;)

Agreed 100% GGTharos. Also there is the issue of play balance online. Put a few uber planes in the game and the next you know everyone will be flying around in the SU37 and F-22. We need more older planes for more variety. I'd even like to see the Mirage 2000 modeled, not like I'm a big fan of it but at least it would be a completly new set of weapon systems and radar to deal with rather than just the American and Russian goodies. We all know that new SU25 is next, and then the Ka50 and whatever else is after that well I guess is up to ED.

A friend of mine went to Farnborough this year, and he visited the Sukhoi stand there.

Since his favourite aircraft is the Su-37, he asked about the project.

Sukhoi built not one, but two aircraft, the 711 and 712.

The 711 crashed on December 19, 2002 due to an FBW failure, but the 712 still exists.

They wouldn't say if it is still flying, but they told him that the data from the Su-37 project is used to develop further TVC aircraft, like the Su-30MKI.

By the way, the Su-37 is not 'just' an Su-35 fitted with AL-37FP engines, it also has a completely redesigned glass cockpit, with sidestick and a single throttle to control both engines.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award