Many switches now reversed mouse buttons,

SMH

2.5.6.53756 OB. It seems many switches in the Huey now have reversed their directions from how the left and right mouse buttons used to work on them. I assume due to WIP on multicrew. My muscle memory is all wrong now.

Also the radio/intercom selector switch has a weird new behavior that it brings up the radio menu if switched to the private intercom. That doesn't seem right.

Edited by SMH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to bring up the communication menu for all channels unfortunately. For those of us who routinely use SRS, it would be good to add an option in the 'Special' menu that prevents the communication menu from being opened when utilising the radio (and to a lesser degree) ICS triggers.

Heat blur have add numerous options in this regard for the F14, so this should be able to be implemented.

2.5.6.53756 OB. It seems many switches in the Huey now have reversed their directions from how the left and right mouse buttons used to work on them. I assume due to WIP on multicrew. My muscle memory is all wrong now.

Also the radio/intercom selector switch has a weird new behavior that it brings up the radio menu if switched to the private intercom. That doesn't seem right.

I noticed the same. Good to see this. Though my muscle memory was failing me :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Seems to bring up the communication menu for all channels unfortunately. For those of us who routinely use SRS, it would be good to add an option in the 'Special' menu that prevents the communication menu from being opened when utilising the radio (and to a lesser degree) ICS triggers.

Heat blur have add numerous options in this regard for the F14, so this should be able to be implemented.

Exactly!!

Why are these changes being released anyway? It's not like we have a new feature to justify the new broken features. I know multicrew is coming but it should be released all at once, not break the module months ahead of any new feature being added.

Why are these changes being released anyway? It's not like we have a new feature to justify the new broken features. I know multicrew is coming but it should be released all at once, not break the module months ahead of any new feature being added.

The same reason no one can program consistent right/left-click interaction with switches in the same module: a mystery.

Something's does change for some reasons, some don't. Like it is annoying that a knob from 0-100% does such that you will jump from one end to another when reaching end.

I would prefer that most two way switches are operable with one left mouse button, without requiring a right click.

These things just requires revisions.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 12:10 AM, SMH said:

Yeah, it would be really nice to hear something about this before even more buttons end up breaking the established convention of which button moves the control in which direction.

I agree.

The convention was: right mouse button to turn a selector clockwise, left to turn it anticlockwise. I would like it to be this way.

Edited by Sharkku
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, Sharkku said:

I agree.

The convention was: right mouse button to turn a selector clockwise, left to turn it anticlockwise. I would like it to be this way.

Yep, and right for up and left for down. And right for right and left for left. And having it wrap around is bad too as then all 2 way switches are essentially directionless which helps create this confusion. (Also, you end up with full on being one click away from full off on dials with several, progressive settings.)

• Like 1

it actually started with the beta that introduced the f-16

so before multicrew.

if ED want to go back and check.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.