Interactive Kneeboard Extension

Hollywood_315

+++ Plugin update 2.5.23 with Interactive Kneeboard +++

Good day people,

Very happy to announce that the long awaited Interactive Kneeboard extension is now available!

It comes with latest plugin update 2.5.23, no additional file download needed.

Get your license from the website:

https://www.vaicompro.com/get-license.html

Notes for version 2.5.23

- Syria ATCs added,

- Various fixes and improvements.

- F-14 Tomcat pilots note: ICS Hotmic is now set with the in-cockpit switch.

- Make sure your VoiceAttack is up-to-date i.e. version 1.8.7.

- Follow the FINISH steps after updating the plugin.

- Activate your Interactive Kneeboard license on the About tab.*

*) Please note that the license server has been known to behave a bit on and off lately.

In Debug Mode, you may see a "Server Unavailable" message.

If your license does not get accepted right away, simply try again a few times and your license should be validated.

Enjoy!

All the best,

Hollywood

kneeboard-explained_orig.png.4d39859a885e1f05814f60bbb0978bdb.png

• Like 3

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315 This interactive kneeboard (which is very good) has hijacked the kneeboard so that I cannot have my own kneeboard sheets anymore. I have several cribsheets that I refer to all the time, such as start up procedures, etc.

1) Is there a way to stop the kneeboard extension fully. To allow me to go back to seeing my own kneeboard pages.

2) Is there a way to integrate the extension with my own kneeboard pages.

tried activating it about a dozen times so far and no joy ... :( ... apparently 13 is the charm! ;)

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@Hollywood_315 This interactive kneeboard (which is very good) has hijacked the kneeboard so that I cannot have my own kneeboard sheets anymore. I have several cribsheets that I refer to all the time, such as start up procedures, etc.

1) Is there a way to stop the kneeboard extension fully. To allow me to go back to seeing my own kneeboard pages.

2) Is there a way to integrate the extension with my own kneeboard pages.

you just use the normal page back and forth ... they are all still there

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Odd, it won't let me use the move through the extension pages using the standard keys

Not for me. I only go back and forth through the extensions pages.

Ahh haaaaa, do not bind the same buttons you use to go next/previous page (for your normal kneeboard) to the Advanced option: keyboard/joystick control binds for next/previous tab. Kneeboard pages, and Kneeboard extension tabs are two different things.

I take it back. This is awesome.

Odd, it won't let me use the move through the extension pages using the standard keys

I figured it out. Page 46 tells you how to bind a key/button to the next/previous tabs on the extension kneeboard. I mistakenly bound these functions to my normal kneeboard next/previous page buttons, and they conflicted. I can now cycle properly.

Would be nice if we only needed one set of „page back/page fwd“ keybinds... i did not yet test the extension, and I am thinking on which keys to use :music_whistling:

You do - switching between the Vaicom kneeboard pages is easy with voice. There are so many pages already to scroll through with the keys that I wouldn't want another set added

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Have not tried it yet but I will next week

A question, if you use a button to scroll to the next tab, does it circle back to the first if you press next tab when you are at the last? Or do you need another button for previous tab? If you dont want to use voice.

Im asking because Im thinking of how I can squeeze this in on my already quite full VR buttonbox.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Have not tried it yet but I will next week

A question, if you use a button to scroll to the next tab, does it circle back to the first if you press next tab when you are at the last? Or do you need another button for previous tab? If you dont want to use voice.

Im asking because Im thinking of how I can squeeze this in on my already quite full VR buttonbox.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

It is continuous.

Just a thank you to Hollywood for incorporation of the Theater Exposed variable

Helped me build my profile to page through the kneeboard using Voice Attack.

It's far from perfect as it need to know the number of pages, but it works pretty well for me

Got all the APIs working except kneeboard.opac.up & kneeboard.opac.dn

When I execute these commands I get the Comms menu popping up.

It's not a biggie as I can go direct to a tab or use the kneeboard.tab.prv kneeboard.tab.nxt

So far so good, loving it

Will this work in VR?

Yes - I have been using it:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I have to say @Hollywood_315 this kneeboard is a game changer literally. Bravo. This is what I have been looking for, for a long time. This is essential for VR players. I have struggled continuously with not being able to record or remember information, and it has been very frustrating. I have now played a couple of missions with the new kneeboard and it makes life so much easier. Well done, and thank you.

• Like 1

I have to say @Hollywood_315 this kneeboard is a game changer literally. Bravo. This is what I have been looking for, for a long time. This is essential for VR players. I have struggled continuously with not being able to record or remember information, and it has been very frustrating. I have now played a couple of missions with the new kneeboard and it makes life so much easier. Well done, and thank you.
+1 - while I had coded my own commands for an in flight scratchpad this version has way more functionality and is easier to use. Great job @Hollywood_315

Away from PC - sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1