[INVESTIGATING] CoPilot refuses to fire

daemon1808

As said, the UH-1 copilot IA do not fire. I believe this happens after the last DCS update, because some days ago I was flying the UH-1 and the copilot IA work as intended.

I have attached a track with one example. As you can see the copilot doesn't fire a single bullet in all the fight.

The same thing happens to me. After update.

MB Asus Z270 / Intel i7 7700K / Corsair 32gb RAM / Asus Strix 1080Ti / 1TB SSD dedicated to DCS / 1TB HD

Damn, that drove me crazy in an online mission. I thought it was me forgetting to map something. He wouldn't even put his sight down.

yes, even if you take control of the copilot and put the sight down, when you return to the pilot the copilot doesn't open fire. :(

yes, even if you take control of the copilot and put the sight down, when you return to the pilot the copilot doesn't open fire. :(

And here I thought the Company CO "Conscientious Objector" was my co-pilot.

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

I would be nice if they would at least acknowledge one of these bug reports.

Correction to my post above: You can fire manually and aim the guns from the co-pilot position, I just either forgot how to lower his sight with my mouse, or the mouse hotspot for it is gone. Key worked once I looked up the mapping. So it's just the AI that's got problems.

Also finding a lot of the controls have changed the direction they rotate when clicked with the mouse buttons. And the radio/intercom selector switch pops up the annoying radio menu when set to intercom, which I keep accidentally doing as that's one of the controls that's reversed mouse click directions.

It seems that the problem is related with the miniguns. I have found that the left and right gunners refuse to fire too, if they are equiped with miniguns. But they fire as usual, if they are armed with machineguns.

What really amaze me is that there not much people complaining about this. This bug is nearly a game stopper for the Huey O_O

Funnily enough this has been a major problem a while back (plus the player couldn't quite use them either), but it got fixed after quite a lot of complaining, at least for a while. Apparently it's back.

P.S.:

Last time around the issue was that the AI would only 'tap' the trigger and never hold it for some reason. Doesn't matter for the M60s, but since the M134D have to spin up a short moment, they never got any lead on target from them.

Yes it's annoying. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I'm also having issues with the AI co-pilot not firing the M134, even when set to free fire ROE. I've tried a new mission with the me as the pilot never lowering the pilot sight.

I've even tried in a new mission moving to the co-pilot seat, lowering his sight and then moving back to the pilot seat, and he still won't fire. Interestingly in this scenario when you lower the co-pilot sight then migrate back to the pilot seat, the AI co-pilot seems to track targets with his sight, but just won't fire.

===

Could this be an issue with incomplete implementation of the new "show crew indicator" (picture of helo and crew in lower left of screen)?

In the Mi8 this new "show crew indicator" has taken over the old "AI panel show/hide" (coloured text in lower right of screen), for setting crew ROE. In the Huey, the old "AI panel show/hide" still exists in conjunction with the "show crew indicator".

In addition, the Huey "show crew indicator" does not show co-pilot ROE, nor the door gunners ROE or even presence at all.

====

I've had no issues with the Huey AI door gunners firing with either the M134 or M60.

EDIT: I take it back. side gunners are not firing in MP, with either the M60 or M134. No problems so far in SP though.

Edited by mad rabbit

- Door gunners do not engage in MP (tested with miniguns)

Quite weird that, since miniguns for doorgunners work just fine in SP.

At least this thread is labelled "fixed internally", so hopefully we'll see that implemented soon into the Live build :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Quite weird that, since miniguns for doorgunners work just fine in SP.

At least this thread is labelled "fixed internally", so hopefully we'll see that implemented soon into the Live build :)

Weird, annoying, frustrating ... there's a couple of attributes that go well with DCS-MP. :music_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Patched, servers patched, co-pilot now lowers reticle, still refuses to fire at infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, and AAA emplacements. I've test on two servers, two different missions. I managed to get the side-gunners to engage on second server, but the front co-pilot enjoys his 100% Ammo.

Should we wait for the Huey "II" to come out, or?

• ED Team
Patched, servers patched, co-pilot now lowers reticle, still refuses to fire at infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, and AAA emplacements. I've test on two servers, two different missions. I managed to get the side-gunners to engage on second server, but the front co-pilot enjoys his 100% Ammo.

Should we wait for the Huey "II" to come out, or?

No need for the sarcasm,

happy to take another look, please note if the 7.62 can not penetrate the target the AI co-pilot will not engage it.

If you have a short track replay showing a scenario please attach it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Tested in a open beta server it seems ok to me

try a cleanup and repair or verify for steam.

Please add a track showing the issue and I will take a closer look

thanks

Screen_200925_101834.thumb.png.c9d00d21c473318376d61fecd662fc03.png

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2