spacebar dosn't work

jiandaolaoda

There is no way around it, you have to use a key other than the spacebar for the gun, the spacebar has a special use on mission triggers and shouldnt be binded to any command.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Some people experience that, most don’t. I cannot reproduce it unfortunately.. one person reported that reinstalling the campaign and repairing DCS helped. Others that the Space Bar prompt stayed as long as canopy was open. If this does not work, just press it as soon as it pops up and then start up quickly and take off behind Saint.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Some people experience that, most don’t. I cannot reproduce it unfortunately.. one person reported that reinstalling the campaign and repairing DCS helped. Others that the Space Bar prompt stayed as long as canopy was open. If this does not work, just press it as soon as it pops up and then start up quickly and take off behind Saint.

I have the same issues if you go quickly enough you can get it to work but 90% of the time it doesn't work and I would ofc like at least more then 30 seconds to set up my jet. I obviously don't have the source script in front of me but I would bet good money that the issue lies with what ever lines of code trigger the "Press space bar to let saint know you have been hit. Use the F10 menu to call hits on saint". Whenever that message appears during start up regardless of where I am in the voice chain, I can no longer progress the mission. I've had it pop up right away during start up, a few minutes into it and even mid convo with saint asking me to check in on PRI. Regardless of when it happens I can longer progress dialog at least dialog set to play while on the cv.

Edited by CrypticVillain

I had to hit it few times to work. But it worked.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I fixed this internally by changing Space Bar in the beginning to F10 radio menu option. However, things that could work as reporter by others:

- run DCS repair

- reinstall the campaign

- don’t use auto start

- don’t press any keyboard buttons prior

to SPACE BAR (click on everything you can)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I experienced this once with one of my missions, when I used time acceleration. Another time it ‘accepted’ the space bar when it shouldn’t have been waiting for it anymore. It happens in DCS sometimes...I always thought it was because time acceleration but I may be wrong.

thats possible, however i just experienced it without any time acceleration. so there might be another trigger for this dcs bug.

i really am not envious of dcs campaign creators... :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 3 months later...

Made an account on here just to share this. 

I tried all the steps above, save for repairing, but I figured it out (maybe).

In the controls I clicked the 'default' button on the Gun Trigger command. This turned the command red which I'm guessing is DCS telling me there are 2 functions bound to the key. 

Then I found out I had space bound to VR zoom in the UI Layer section. Unbound that and it works now.

Hope this helps somebody.