More Naval Unit

Would love them, so long as assets are up to the same standard, and while I'm grateful for the Chinese ships, they fall behind on quality, with the Type 071 being the worst offender so far, approaching the quality of the old LOMAC/pre-LOMAC ships.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

I would just like to see all the current Navy units brought up to a higher fidelity. The Kirov and Krivak haven't changed since LOMAC.

That being said, I'd love to see more units: LCAC, Kresta, Sovremenny. For a Cold War scenario, I think the Kiev CV would be a great addition to DCS.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Would love them, so long as assets are up to the same standard, and while I'm grateful for the Chinese ships, they fall behind on quality, with the Type 071 being the worst offender so far, approaching the quality of the old LOMAC/pre-LOMAC ships.

How? I've used them, and they maneuver to engage, have destroyable weapons, and other objects on them. From what I saw they are the standard. Meanwhile we have actual LOMAC ships in the Russian line up. Plus few to no support, and Merchant ships.

On the subject of LOMAC ships, In some ways they were better. Thay had at least a simple AI. If told to attack a group, they would. Like go off and close, and attack that group. Even if they were placed with no waypoints. So is some ways we need to get back to LOMAC Ships.

I 100% agree that all ships Need to come up to modern standards. They should be pleasant to look at, but more importantly they need to have destroyable Weapons, and sensors. It's been a long time since aircraft took down a warship. I imagine at the moment it would be a combination of saturation, and SEAD. Trying to work through those layers of air defenses to get to be able to damage the hull, and actually sink the damn thing. It would be cool if this modeled.

And better Naval AI. For the love of Peat. We have AI jets that can maneuver in 3D, organically search and engage targets, abort a mission if threatened, and abort of damaged, with options for engagement distances, and the like. But we can't have ships do that in 2D? I get that ground Combat is really really hard to actually simulate. But Naval units don't pathfind, or use cover, mostly. They're combat isn't that different then air combat really, and best of all there wouldn't ever be that many of them on a map. They need to search and engage large areas, carry out those attacks according to what weapons they have, and react to incoming threats. Again like the aircraft do, but in 2D. And if they're getting to tore up, of massively out matched, they should withdraw. DCS has really gone in on simulating Navel aviation. It would be nice to actually be able to have Naval combat to take part in. Ships need an AI similar to aircraft. And the addition of Chaff, and flares. Killing a warship should be one of the most challenging things to do in game, and honestly it's really frustrating that this aspect is so neglected.

• 4 weeks later...
How? I've used them, and they maneuver to engage, have destroyable weapons, and other objects on them. From what I saw they are the standard.

It's mostly the graphics quality, they are IMO subpar compared to free assets from half a decade ago, much less the free Stennis.

The Type 052C isn't too bad, the Type 052B is pretty bad, and the Type 071 LPD is easily the worst offender - pretty disappointing up close, just look at the search RADAR. The Type 093-III however is very decent indeed, just maybe missing some animations (I'll get back to you on that one).

See here, the Type 071 is an even worse offender IMO it's a significant step backwards in quality when compared to other free assets.

Meanwhile we have actual LOMAC ships in the Russian line up. Plus few to no support, and Merchant ships.

Yes, and this is long overdue for a change, alongside the LOMAC aircraft and a fair majority of the ground vehicles.

On the subject of LOMAC ships, In some ways they were better. Thay had at least a simple AI. If told to attack a group, they would. Like go off and close, and attack that group. Even if they were placed with no waypoints. So is some ways we need to get back to LOMAC Ships.

In another lite-sim, ships would actually manoeuvre defensively, something sorely needed in DCS.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

Is the whole 'naval focus' thing that was the plan for the foreseeable future when F/A-18 went to the market actually still a thing? Apart from the Stennis and the Supercarrier module (which has gotten ab it quiet as well) there hasn't really been much maritime news.

Is the whole 'naval focus' thing that was the plan for the foreseeable future when F/A-18 went to the market actually still a thing? Apart from the Stennis and the Supercarrier module (which has gotten ab it quiet as well) there hasn't really been much maritime news.

They did implement submarines or at least the very beginnings, though that was probably more for the WWII assets pack.

There's still a very long way to go in almost every aspect but graphics. Please don't get me started.