Mi-24P Hind Development report 21/08/2020

I'm pretty sure this game had coop capability. As in you could fly the Hind with your friend in the front seat over modem or TCP/IP.

Still has... If you just find someone willing to play such antique game :D

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In russian but maybe some new images and movies on the DCS Mi-24P https://vk.com/wall-132656047_4674   "Friends! On Friday, January 8th. On Friday, January 8th, at 19:00 (Moscow time)

Hi all,   Please find below information from today's newsletter, we hope you enjoy the development report.     Mi-24P Hind Development Report     Overall

Fine with me they’ve been working on the Apache behind the scenes. I want both.

Hind was its name, from 1996. I still play it as it has a very good flight modeling, missions and AI.

Sure it is simple on todays terms, but for 1996 it is amazing how you have a free camera in cockpit and all instruments works.

I am actually very impressed by its AI as gunner, and especially being gunner yourself with the YakB and missiles.

That is still a reason for me that Mi-24V would have been a nicer variant, even for single player with a AI as gunner, as if you could call commands easily what to target and where enemy is and so on, it would have been great.

It is funny how one needs to wait 24 years to get a new proper Mi-24 simulator. As after purchasing so many new since Mi-24, they have been more of a let downs....

thats the one. very fond memories of that. And of course EF2000 as well during that time frame.

then Longbow 2, first multicrew I remember. I had a 2nd phone line and my friend did too - we'd sit on cordless phones as comms with our 56k modems :D

+1

Indeed, when I beta tested for IL2 FC (1C) they pegged it at **95%** are SP

however MP is vocal AF and SP isnt. I look at it like this

Id never want no SP. I play SP and often. Often I dont want MP or people. Im sorta a loner,

that said my best MP experience ever so far was multicrew tomcat recently soo.. I figure theyre going to make both anyways. Why should anyone be greedy and say ' No! No MP (or SP) just focus on (X)!" When they'll do both and we'll probably have the same chances of good or poor results.

my .02 cents

Mercenary Neall Ellis flew a lot of Mi-24 missions without a co-pilot/gunner. There is a book I can recommend about his carrer called "Gunship Ace".

Here is a short video of him flying missions in Sierra Leone:

Nice Vid Slug.

Thanks

I would have loved the V, but I am all on board with the P. A good choice by Belsimtek right now.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP pro Reverb.

Current settings:

Windows VR setting: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, 90Hz refresh rate.

Steam: VR SS set to 100%, motionReprojectionMode set to "motionreproduction" and Locked in at 45 Hz display,

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 2 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA.

My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed.

VR Driver system:

I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and 2080ti graphics card, 32 gigs Ram 3

[code][code][code][code]

[/code][/code][/code][/code]200 Hz. No OC at the mo.

The simplicity might be partly an advantage though.

The advantage would be that it will probably be far simpler to jump in as Mi-24 gunner.

In the F-14 a RIO has pretty much just as much manual reading to do

(if not more) in order to get proficient.

For the Mi-24 its less complex and as such there might be more part time Gunners.

So people who primarily fly as a pilot can still be full proficient in the gunners seat.

While if you tried to throw somebody who has never played a RIO in the back seat he would have no clue what he was doing)

Especially if there is the ability to hot join since then if your buddy gets shot down (or join mid mission etc)

you could let him jump in with you instead of getting a new aircraft and having to fly all the way to the target etc.

So having it be simpler might result in far more people having the ability to serve as a gunner

(Where as with the F-14 the Pilot-Rio Ratio is pretty scewed in favor to pilots with far fewer people being experienced in the back seat)

This ^^^:thumbup:

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Since apparently the Kiowa just got hit with a major setback (??), I'm now fretting that the Hind doesn't get delayed. Christmas time? Maybe? Maybe? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

M-2000C | F/A-18C | F-14B | Bf 109 K-4 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | SA342

i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | RTX 2080

T16000M FCS | TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind.V2 Rudder Pedals

"Dialectic"

Major setback? Not really, it's just that they need to update their code to make sure their displays work after ED changed some code that rendered all displays unserviceable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

This ^^^:thumbup:

The advantage would be that it will probably be far simpler to jump in as Mi-24 gunner.

For the Mi-24 its less complex and as such there might be more part time Gunners.

So people who primarily fly as a pilot can still be full proficient in the gunners seat.

(While if you tried to throw somebody who has never played a RIO in the back seat he would have no clue what he was doing)

Especially if there is the ability to hot join since then if your buddy gets shot down (or join mid mission etc)

you could let him jump in with you instead of getting a new aircraft and having to fly all the way to the target etc.

So having it be simpler might result in far more people having the ability to serve as a gunner

(Where as with the F-14 the Pilot-Rio Ratio is pretty scewed in favor to pilots with far fewer people being experienced in the back seat)

Another +1 from me.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Major setback? Not really, it's just that they need to update their code to make sure their displays work after ED changed some code that rendered all displays unserviceable.

That’s good news. I was missing some details of what was happening there. I still hope the mi24 is released by Christmas though lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

M-2000C | F/A-18C | F-14B | Bf 109 K-4 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | SA342

i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | RTX 2080

T16000M FCS | TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind.V2 Rudder Pedals

"Dialectic"

(While if you tried to throw somebody who has never played a RIO in the back seat he would have no clue what he was doing)

At BSD we just might be taking a look at carving a place out for those who want to specialize as the Mi-24 gunner.

I could see a much faster qualification process if the person doesn't have to be trained up and demonstrate proficiency in all the aspects of navigation, transit & attack formations, emergency procedures, NATOPS, and all the other elements that a pilot needs to have, but a gunner doesn't. At least not nearly to the same extent.

It would also be possible to have this be a transitional step if they decide they want to qual up on the back seat.

Yet another reason that multicrew is a stone cold game changer for rotary wing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

"The code is tough", she said.

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, Ryzen 3600, 32Gb DDR4 3600MHz, GTX1070Ti, CH Stuff, Oculus CV1

Wishlist:

AH-64

F-15E

F-117A

• 5 weeks later...

Here's to hoping, maybe a new dev report 21 january, 6 months after this one? 🙂

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

1 hour ago, Lovcar said:

Когда эго выкатят? 

SOON tm

В англо-язычном форуме лучше пиши английским, если не понимаешь - не пиши или используй переводчик

Edited by МаксиM

In russian but maybe some new images and movies on the DCS Mi-24P

https://vk.com/wall-132656047_4674

"Friends! On Friday, January 8th.
On Friday, January 8th, at 19:00 (Moscow time) we will hold a live stream about Mi-24P in DCS.
Our guest is Alexander Podvoisky aka PilotMi8, DCS Project Manager: Mi-24P.
Accordingly, no one will be able to answer your questions about Mi24P in DCS better than him.
The stream will be on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VargTV.
Maximum repost is welcome)"

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
On 1/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, Razorback said:

In russian but maybe some new images and movies on the DCS Mi-24P

https://vk.com/wall-132656047_4674

"Friends! On Friday, January 8th.
On Friday, January 8th, at 19:00 (Moscow time) we will hold a live stream about Mi-24P in DCS.
Our guest is Alexander Podvoisky aka PilotMi8, DCS Project Manager: Mi-24P.
Accordingly, no one will be able to answer your questions about Mi24P in DCS better than him.
The stream will be on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VargTV.
Maximum repost is welcome)"

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Is this still happening? Is there any more info on what will be shown? Will it be anything at all, or is it just going to be an interview with PilotMi8?

4 hours ago, Razorback said:

I don't have additionnal info. But for sur I will be connected and watching...expecting some news and new pictures...

Awesome! I'll try and connect as well, if work doens't interfere for my local timezone, though i don't speak Russian. If you do, could you possibly share some here?

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

51 minutes ago, Kerberos said:

sadly, the Hind has been delayed to the 2nd quarter of 2021 as per the newsletter 😕

But hopefully we will see some more footage of it later on Varg TV

Not a surprise for me.

I was expecting a release around June...

2d quarter of 2021 as announced...

So fine for me.

6 more months to perfect my skills on the Mi-8 MTV2...I can live with that 😉

• Like 1