Fresh DCS World Install - Second Drive

I am getting a new SSD to use just for DCS (and another flight sim when I get it) – let’s call it drive D:

What I want to do is a complete fresh install of DCS to drive D:, NOT a copy & paste.

I am obviously happy with the install part to the new drive etc. Windows 10 will remain on the old drive for now – drive C:

What I want to know is:

1. Do I have to deactivate the paid modules before re-installing DCS? (I was going to leave the current version on drive C: until the new install is working as I want)

2. If required how do I deactivate the modules so I don’t use up my activations?

I read DCS’s page Home > Support > Technical questions > Some activation problems. How can I deactivate the products (modules) in order not to lose the available activations? (but it says, only for users with version 1.5.8 )

I looked at the Module Manager > Installed in game and it has two choices for the installed modules. (See attached pic)

1. Enable/Disable Module

2. Delete Module

Do either of these need to be actioned before/after installing the fresh game on D: drive?

954252548_DCSUninstal.jpg.8570c195222c993c218645aee1ae7416.jpg

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

I am getting a new SSD to use just for DCS (and another flight sim when I get it) – let’s call it drive D:

What I want to do is a complete fresh install of DCS to drive D:, NOT a copy & paste.

Why? DCS is one of the few games that allow you to move it wherever you want easily, take advantage of it instead of being hours downloading.

What I want to know is:

1. Do I have to deactivate the paid modules before re-installing DCS? (I was going to leave the current version on drive C: until the new install is working as I want)

No, the current DCS does not employ star force activations.

2. If required how do I deactivate the modules so I don’t use up my activations?

I read DCS’s page Home > Support > Technical questions > Some activation problems. How can I deactivate the products (modules) in order not to lose the available activations? (but it says, only for users with version 1.5.8 )

Doesn’t apply to current dcs 2.5

I looked at the Module Manager > Installed in game and it has two choices for the installed modules. (See attached pic)

1. Enable/Disable Module

2. Delete Module

Do either of these need to be actioned before/after installing the fresh game on D: drive?

No.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel,

I think I might have a go at copy and paste, change whatever needs to be changed registry/location wise and see how it goes.

Quick query though, if deactivation/activation doesn’t matter why do they show up on the DCS site under all licences? Or is that just a hang over from Star Force?

HB.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Quick query though, if deactivation/activation doesn’t matter why do they show up on the DCS site under all licences? Or is that just a hang over from Star Force?

I don't know .. I still have my Serials Number spreadsheet stored safely just in case, but they are not needed anymore as all Modules, Maps and Campaigns have moved away from Star Force, into Keyless copy-protection.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB