New Syria Skins For Units?

Kocrachon

So, Syria is the new map but the lack of units that are in game with Syria skins are a bit disappointing for mission making.

We only get the MIG-29A, where as the MIG-29M or T would be a better option for Syria.

We do not have Mi-24s but we have Ka-50s..

We lack Mi-8s (They have Mi-17s but basically the same thing)

I feel like we need some new skins and vehicles added to Syria for some of this new stuff. Would rather have a Syria Mi-8 flying around than a Russian one for missions. I know its a minor detail, but still ads to some of the gameplay.

So, Syria is the new map but the lack of units that are in game with Syria skins are a bit disappointing for mission making.

We only get the MIG-29A, where as the MIG-29M or T would be a better option for Syria.

We do not have Mi-24s but we have Ka-50s..

We lack Mi-8s (They have Mi-17s but basically the same thing)

I feel like we need some new skins and vehicles added to Syria for some of this new stuff. Would rather have a Syria Mi-8 flying around than a Russian one for missions. I know its a minor detail, but still ads to some of the gameplay.

I mean, if you insist on flying for Bashar al-Assad, okay, but remember that the Russians had a huge intervention in Syria and they saw more action than the Syrian Air Force did.

I mean, if you insist on flying for Bashar al-Assad, okay, but remember that the Russians had a huge intervention in Syria and they saw more action than the Syrian Air Force did.

Not everyone is making missions specifically related to the current events, so giving what Syria actually operates is pretty much a realistic expectation I feel like.

Even if you do, the lack of Mi-8s to replicate barrel bombs could also be an argument for adding Mi-8 skins in itself.

• Like 1

For starters it would be nice to get new and additional infantry models (insurgents, Syrian, Iranian etc) and technicals/pickups. Unfortunately the map specific wishlists could get very long.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

But exactly that is the problem, the fact that BOTH Syrian and Russian Hips (or some sort transport helos) are currently operating in the area side-by-side. And if you want to create a modern (i.e. todays) scenario, US troops would consider a Russian Hip as neutral (normally...) while a Syrian one would probably be a bandit and fair game. And since todays ROEs require for a VID more often than not, it’s not really an option to substitute a missing Syrian asset by a Russian one which is what I often do on other maps and in scenarios where Russia itself is not part of the conflict/story.

Edited by Hog_No32

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

But exactly that is the problem, the fact that BOTH Syrian and Russian Hips (or some sort transport helos) are currently operating in the area side-by-side. And if you want to create a modern (i.e. todays) scenario, US troops would consider a Russian Hip as neutral (normally...) while a Syrian one would probably be a bandit and fair game. And since todays ROEs require for a VID more often than not, it’s not really an option to substitute a missing Syrian asset by a Russian one which is what I often do on other maps and in scenarios where Russia itself is not part of the conflict/story.

That's a very good point. Thanks for mentioning that. :thumbup:

Israel also seems to be absent for several aircraft.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

This is Urgent L-39ZA (widely used in warfare), Mi-8, SU-22, MIG-23, MIG-29 and SU-24 as well as the arrival of the S-200 and of course insurgent assets, trucks and more variety of anti-aircraft guns (for Syria too) and Turkey needs drones, M-60s and Leopard 2A4, please we need an effort here to have a complete scenario.