Raven One - please read

Hey guys!

I hope you will enjoy the Raven One campaign.

Before you play, I STRONGLY recommend that you read a short guide that should help you avoid some of the mistakes - as this campaign is using quite a few innovative solutions. The guide is attached to this post and can also be found in the Docs folder within the installation folder.

Also - please read Designer's Notes before each mission and go through your kneeboard pages (with frequencies, notes etc) before each launch. That should also help a lot!

Raven One Guide.pdf

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Excellent, thanks BD for this one. I think it is very valuable (required?) for the campaign.

And even just reading this taught me another new thing in my trusty Hornet: Now I now what that „GRCV“ option in the ARC-210 is for:music_whistling: I‘m sure I will even learn more when actually flying. So far I completed „Event 1“ only and this just after my second attempt. Would I have read this guide before I probably would have made it first time. Even though admittedly a bit of my trouble came from the revised INS alignment procedures which I screwed up as well. Again, it‘s all about learning, right? I love it.

Actually, I begin to think that a new benchmark for me when it comes to campaigns is whether I learn something new about the jet that I actually thought I already knew very well. Happened with „The Enemy Within“ and recently with the free (but definitely payware-quality) campaign „Exigent Riviera“. It‘s a testament to how deeply, authentic and thorough you design your content. Keep it up!

i few things you might want to add to the guide is

in the briefings you mention event 1 and 2 i know it means the launch and recovery cyclical for the day others might not know that. if i notice any other navy jargon not explained ill post it here

book tie in i did not know how close the tie in is in till i read the breading for mission 2 saying it happens after chapter 5 i would place a recommendation / spoiler warning some where so we can read the novel in pace with he campaign something like read up to ch5 play mission 2 to then read ch 6 and 8 dont read 9 in till you finish mission 3

I have found out why this is happening.

I use left windows key + home to auto start the F18.

When I do this, the space key turns into some kind of monster, and returns random keystrokes.

I can then exit out of DCS via alt - tab. Press left windows key + home. And return to DCS, and all seems normal again.

Is the windows+home combination doing something to the OS? Keyboard system?

OK, it seems that due to technical reason, the updated missions didn't make it to the last build. After talking to ED and in order to enable everyone to finish the campaign, I created a separate entry in DCS User Files, where you can download the updated M8 and learn how to edit LOGBOOK.LUA to make the campaign progress after M13 and 14 (which you will be able to finish normally). Once again apologies for all the trouble, but since we're over two weeks from next update I thought this will be needed:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311994/

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks BD. So in the linked user file there are only updates to M8 but none of the other changes that were mentioned in the DCS OB changelog, correct? The reason I am asking is that I am currently on M3 and with the limited time I currently can spare for flying, it will probably take me a month or longer until I reach mission 8...:cry: So it seems I can perfectly wait for the next Ob update to get these fixes (and all the other ones), right?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the campaign support.

Can anyone help explain (or direct me to an explanation) of the military jargon in the mission briefing?

On the monitors at the start of the briefings it shows all the event and weather information and there are a lot of abbreviations used. I'd love a breakdown explanation of what everything means. I can work out most of it, just need more detail here for my understanding.

TIA.

Thanks for the campaign support.

Can anyone help explain (or direct me to an explanation) of the military jargon in the mission briefing?

On the monitors at the start of the briefings it shows all the event and weather information and there are a lot of abbreviations used. I'd love a breakdown explanation of what everything means. I can work out most of it, just need more detail here for my understanding.

TIA.

+1

ATO and metar codes should be explained somewhere.

Also some communication during the mission are not explained in the guide in this post.

I suspect those are navy brevities to which I am not familiar.

An example that I remember now (but there are many others) “ladder” but I understand it should be the navy equivalent to the air force bingo or joker

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Meta Quest Pro 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png