Civil Aircraft Mod install

vanir

Only just discovered this, not having much luck getting it to show up in game.

Following the instructions and putting it in C:DCS World/Mods/Aircraft just gets it disabled as unauthorised DLC on start up.

Searched for ideas and tried C:user/savegames/DCS/Mods/Aircraft as per "how to use mods" thread, doesn't show up in game.

Tried putting the folder in core mods too and that gets disabled also.

Is it incompatibility with 2.5.6 or am I doing it wrong?

Yeah, when I move it from there to user/savegames I no longer get it disabled but it doesn't show up in game. If I put it in mods/aircraft or coremods it gets disabled.

It's only in one place at a time, but doesn't work in any of the three places.

The last time I installed mods was FC2/modman a long time ago. I just have the stable DCS version installed. Do mods only work with open beta? I have downloaded OvGME just now, that won't break stable or anything will it? Do I just use that?

Edited by vanir

I get a thumbnail for CAM on the welcome screen but nothing in the mission editor. No country called CAM and none of the CAM aircraft are in any of the national aircraft lists.

Is there a secret button?

There was a secret button! Yeah didn't think of looking under Insurgents. Who would? Found them.

Edited by vanir

Also, in the aircraft selection drop down there is a button to the right [Combat/All].

Make sure you select All (of course). I've used it to set up regional and international flights in my maps - based on "proper" country selections so it def works.

HTH

Cheers. I've got them under Insurgents when kept neutral with the period restriction set to "off", a grey bullseye appears in Crimea.

What are the bullseye's anyway? The blue one at Poti, red one at Krasnodar and now a grey one in Crimea? Are they a capture the flag deal, put an opposing ground force there and what happens?

• 1 year later...