Controls wiped after update

Keep it cool, mate. You had two different issues:

1/ When the OB updated itself, it changed some controls. You, as well as other users, have lost some bindings. I don't deny it and we can do nothing about it. It happened to me in the past (I've been playing LOMAC/DCS for 16 years). But you've tacitly accepted that things can go wrong using the open beta. Since you had backups of your control bindings, I think you already knew the risks pretty well, didn't you?

2/ To fix issue number 1, you've loaded up a file (MATY #1 F-16 SIM AB) containing custom bindings that you didn't expect to have. DCS did exactly what you asked it to do, and then you were pissed even more because you thought those bindings were not the bindings contained in your #1 .diff.lua file. But I can tell you after comparing your screenshots and the #1 file: those bindings that you despise are yours.

My advice:

- Delete your MATY #1 F-16 SIM AB .diff.lua file so you don't use it again, since it does contain bindings you don't want.

- Backup your MATY #1.1 F-16 SIM AB .diff.lua file so you can use it next time shit happens.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Keep it cool, mate. You had two different issues:

1/ When the OB updated itself, it changed some controls. You, as well as other users, have lost some bindings. I don't deny it and we can do nothing about it. It happened to me in the past (I've been playing LOMAC/DCS for 16 years). But you've tacitly accepted that things can go wrong using the open beta. Since you had backups of your control bindings, I think you already knew the risks pretty well, didn't you?

2/ To fix issue number 1, you've loaded up a file (MATY #1 F-16 SIM AB) containing custom bindings that you didn't expect to have. DCS did exactly what you asked it to do, and then you were pissed even more because you thought those bindings were not the bindings contained in your #1 .diff.lua file. But I can tell you after comparing your screenshots and the #1 file: those bindings that you despise are yours.

My advice:

- Delete your MATY #1 F-16 SIM AB .diff.lua file so you don't use it again, since it does contain bindings you don't want.

- Backup your MATY #1.1 F-16 SIM AB .diff.lua file so you can use it next time shit happens.

Maybe I would get pissed if your were NOT dismissive & condescending.

So now you admit it dose mess with your controls. :glare:

I just want too be clear. I DID NOT BIND THE CONTROLS SHOWN IN POSTS 1& 2. This is what the update dose to the .diff.lua file IT BREAKS IT! :thumbdown:

Why would I bind my controls in a way shown in post 2 & 3? & expect a favorable result.

You still haven't explained to me how I misusing the tools at your disposal ?? :noexpression:

I have also been playing DCS on & off since the Lockon days. But I do not dedicate all of my waking hours to it.

& yes there can be somethin done about it. Its a bug & ED can work on squashing it. :bash:

Backing up my control bindings (.diff.lua file) is pointless because they are no longer compatible after an update. This also happens with stable.

This may not be happening to every one BUT its happening.

:wallbash::wallbash:

I try my best not being dismissive and condesceding with you, mrmat01, but you're not helping much. See you around... the later the better.

Try not too HA Pigs arse.

You have been dismissive and condescending from the 1st time I tried to report this a couple of months ago. You have done nothing to help you have just made it harder. :wallbash:

The community nor the forum need people like you. Its this sort of insipid behavior :puke: that drives people away from the hobby & the forum.

Edited by mrmat01

I think additional commands have been added to the F-16 list. Your profile may now be incompatible since the number of commands is different.

Thanks :thumbup: Ill have a look. Didn't Know that the number of commands had changed.

But its not just the f-16 I'm having issues with Its all of them. I just used my F-16 bindings as an example.

Thanks :thumbup: Ill have a look. Didn't Know that the number of commands had changed.

But its not just the f-16 I'm having issues with Its all of them. I just used my F-16 bindings as an example.

Maybe they added some general commands that apply to all modules too. I noticed my flaps controls missing and another button bound to something else I didnt bind it to in my P-51.

Maybe they added some general commands that apply to all modules too. I noticed my flaps controls missing and another button bound to something else I didnt bind it to in my P-51.

This issue going back awhile now I just got jack of having to rebind all of my controls after every update. I have already started at least two other threads regarding the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here. To be fair, I haven't flown DCS in a few weeks since I've been flying the "real world" but sure enough, loaded up the F-18 and my profile was completely wiped. I tried to click on "load profile" but it was inop/non responsive. Quit the game and checked to see if the profiles were still in "saved games" and they were. Just no way to load them. I guess I need to rebind. Cheers!

System Specs: Virpil WarBRD Base, Virpil Mongoose T-50CM stick w/Virpil desk mount, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/Virpil desk mount, MFG Crosswind RP, TrackIR 5, Stream Deck 32, Windows 11 Home 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro WiFi MoBo, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc 319, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD 7200rpm, 2TB WD Blue HDD 5400rpm, 1TB WD Black 750 NVMe M.2 SSD, No Optical drive, Onboard Audio + Avid Eleven Rack Audio Interface.

• 4 weeks later...

My solution is to save all my bindings to their own file eg: SLR_MI8MTV_JOYSTICK etc. After an update I first confirm there are no new bindings or controls. If so, upload each file as appropriate and fly. OVGME I use for custom controls (toggles, 2 position switches, etc) until ED include 'press' and 'release' modifiers and make my year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is related, but I am having a problem with roll after the last update. As soon as my physical stick stops moving laterally the Sim sets it to no deflection. In the Hornet I can watch the pilot body/stick snap back to center while I am holding full right aileron. If I wiggle the controls and never hold them still then it will register the position. The Axis Tune does not show anything happening, it shows full right stick when I hold full right stick.

Edit: Issue resolved, every module except the F-14 ended up with controls double mapped.

Edited by Spurts

• 4 weeks later...
Not sure if this is related, but I am having a problem with roll after the last update. As soon as my physical stick stops moving laterally the Sim sets it to no deflection. In the Hornet I can watch the pilot body/stick snap back to center while I am holding full right aileron. If I wiggle the controls and never hold them still then it will register the position. The Axis Tune does not show anything happening, it shows full right stick when I hold full right stick.

Edit: Issue resolved, every module except the F-14 ended up with controls double mapped.

This could be the problem I had. Since the last update I've had to un-bind my rudder pedals. When they are mapped every plane begins to roll when in the air. The FC3 planes were the worst, log into the A-10A in the air and i'm in a barrel roll straight to the ground. Unbind my Rudder pedals and log back into the plane - she fly's straight and level.

So now I have rudder pedals that I only use for braking.

The rudder pedals worked great before this last update.

This could be the problem I had. Since the last update I've had to un-bind my rudder pedals. When they are mapped every plane begins to roll when in the air. The FC3 planes were the worst, log into the A-10A in the air and i'm in a barrel roll straight to the ground. Unbind my Rudder pedals and log back into the plane - she fly's straight and level.

So now I have rudder pedals that I only use for braking.

The rudder pedals worked great before this last update.

My problem ended up being pitch and roll being mapped to multiple devices after the update.