Uncontrolled planes self exploding at parking stand

Perfectly working mission before the latest update (2.5.6.53756) I've been working on for 1 month, now has 5 uncontrolled Red planes (all the uncontrolled aircrafts in the mission) self exploding after 2 minutes. Uncontrolled Helis are ok. Airborne planes are ok.

No unwanted triggers are present, all the triggers are ok.

Thanks

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

Yes, I've been having a similar strange issue, but only on the Persian Gulf map and at Shiraz, Lar, and Kerman airbases. Uncontrolled aircraft set to red Iranian side will mysteriously explode 75-90 seconds from mission start at these airfields, regardless of date or time.

I cannot recreate the effect with a new mission, only with some older ones. What seemingly fixes it for me is adding an uncontrolled blue plane to Shiraz airfield, after which nothing explodes anymore. I'm playing around to see if there's any other avenues outside of starting from scratch.

Can confirm NeedzWD40's report above about defective missions, I have a copy of some that he has built and was able to replicate the issue as described. I did not test the solution however.

Similarly, I have not been able to create the issue from a fresh mission.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Does it solve the issue copying, deleting and pasting those planes?

Edited by Night Flier

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

If you can't recreate it with a new mission, then attaching an older mission where it does occur would be helpful.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Alright, so prior to this update, uncontrolled red side jets were fine; nothing happened. Now, anywhere from 60-120 seconds after the mission starts, every uncontrolled red jet at Shiraz, Kerman, and Lar will explode. Attached is the mission without the blue jet present at Shiraz and the same mission with the blue jet present (v0 is the one with the fix applied and vEXP is without). For me, at approximately 98 seconds in, the uncontrolled red jets explode. This has been verified by others. New groups, deletion and recreation of old groups has no effect -- they all suffer the explosion.

jenas_pass_pg_ob256vEXP.miz

jenas_pass_pg_ob256v0.miz

• 3 weeks later...

Is it an old one (pre-DCS update) or is it happening on a fresh mission?

This is getting annoying, hours and days spent on triggers, ideas, coordinations and now those missions are unusable...

Night Flier

The newer missions were helpful because I was able to delete objects to simplify the mission file while retaining the bug. After a bit of tweaking I have been able to figure out the cause and report the bug. The good news is it occurred on one test build but not another, so I hope that perhaps they can figure out what the problem is and merge a fix. I set it as a high priority because this is fairly game breaking and that they might have inadvertently fixed it on that other build.

As a workaround I think if you switch them to late activation it will be fine.

The cause of the problem is interest to say the least. Going bymy tests it appears that if any enemy aircraft is further than somewhere around 450km away from an uncontrolled group, that group will eventually explode. It doesn't really make any sense why. Maybe they added some garbage collection to process anything outside a given radius of active aircraft, I don't know. Suffice to say it was a real headscratcher figuring out why it was happening. Hopefully this will get fixed swiftly.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum