Nice job on the map Ugra Media!

bell_rj

The map is fantastic - well worth pre-purchasing.

The amount of work that has gone into the details - berms, fortifications, even the training areas for specific Syrian army units are marked on the map - that is very cool.

The special historic sites and buildings look great and so do the valleys. I took the F-14 for a spin and want to play in downtown Damascus with the Huey next!

This might be the best looking DCS World map?

PC specs:

I have started from Incirlik AB and flew all the way to Ramat David via shoreline in low altitude, passing by every major city. Then returned back from Golan heights to Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, Idlib and back. I must say that this is a truely 5 star map. Good job Ugra! Like Wags said the amount of details is impressive. I wish you success in your future projects.

ps: please consider adding the minor town Kobani, where ISIS had big clashes with USA and PYD.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

Agreed, this map has exceeded my expectations! I was mostly concerned about its performance, as I'm flying in VR which is even more demanding on the system, but I'm happy to report that this map works really well, it's on par with all the others, if not better!

Great job Ugra Media, I'm impressed!

Agreed, the Syria map is gorgeous Well done Ugra and ED.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Maybe the best map yet. :beer:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I have started from Incirlik AB and flew all the way to Ramat David via shoreline in low altitude, passing by every major city. Then returned back from Golan heights to Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, Idlib and back. I must say that this is a truely 5 star map. Good job Ugra! Like Wags said the amount of details is impressive. I wish you success in your future projects.

ps: please consider adding the minor town Kobani, where ISIS had big clashes with USA and PYD.

Exactly the route I took this morning, although I had to cut back to Incirlik towards the end as I was getting low on fuel.

I just have to say thank you Urga Media. This map is just stunning! You have done an exceptional job so far. Worth every cent I spent on it and every GB of SSD space. The terrain relief and overall level of detail is amazing. Nothing looks like it was cut and pasted. The down side is that I now wish all the other DCS maps could be brought up to this standard.

I put three bags on my Hornet, set all DCS graphic settings to max and flew the route above. Epic!! Its so pretty I can't bring myself to bomb anything ........ just yet :smilewink:

Best release module wise for DCS in a long long time. This map is fantastic - also the performance is brilliant.

Just a point to note if anyone in VR is getting stutters or generally. On this map there seems to be a big difference between low and high texture settings with once again very little if any visual difference. Big performance fps difference between the 2 settings however esp over city's.

Hats off to Urga media, after being an early adopter of the Normandy map, which as we all know until the patches last year that brought it upto spec it was dubious performance, this is how you bounce back from customers being sceptical.

Solid product, few bits need to be looked at re the odd bridge placement, but the performance, attention to detail is next level for DCS. Honestly i do not want to fly any other map its that good. The variety of the topography, vegetation and the sheer number of battle spaces offer unlimited potential for combat both air and ground.

Also on a general point for all maps and the rift S - i find the game works better by disabling ASW (push left control 1 to disable it, left control 4 to put it back on in game).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

The Syria map is incredibly good in VR. Performance is top notch. The variation of terrain, buildings, locations and water is stunning. Feels like an entirely new experience and I've already flown around for hours today just looking at things.

Thank you Ugra Media! Outstanding work!

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

Yes, this is not only a fantastic map but it also performs great even on lower-specs PCs, as you can read in my other post here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283761

Thank you Ugra Media and ED for the amazing job!

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Thanks for creating this map. This is really great with a huge level of details.

Like the sloped runways, this adds so much immersion, as most of the runways aren't flat as on the other maps.

For now, some sightseeing, as I need to update my PC. Performance of the map seems to be good but my phenom II and GTX960 aren't sufficient to get nice FPS even in Caucasus with many objects close to the ground.

The detail of the map is spectacular, and really sets a new bar for quality maps in DCS. The villages in Caucasus now look like a joke, and the Persian Gulf is just too barren. Syria is a good blend of dessert with some foliage with large cities, which will make some very interesting missions. No more tanks sitting around a town made up of a single spire with card-board cutout houses in Caucasus. The 6 tanks look larger than the entire village, and in google maps, it's an entire suburb, it looks like the size of a childrens playschool house in the back yard. smh.

My only complaint about the map is that, I kind of expected it to be used in anti-ISIS style missios and campaigns, and contain... Syria... and yet... it's missing half of Syria, and more importantly, the ISIS controller area along the Syrian and Iraq border. This map should have, and should be renamed to the Levant map, because that's exactly what it's representing. Can't call something the Syria map and leave half of it out... At least Raqqa is in there.

I'm referring to this:

iraq_syria_control_jan2015_jan2018_976-nc.png

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27838034

One extra MGRS grid to the right would have captures all of that. Anyway, enough ranitng, its beautiful and there is plenty of dirt to pound, I'll make the best of it. :thumbup: