INS align in flight ?

DLEGION

Set the INS to IFA - in-flight alignment. As long as you have valid GPS it will align the bird perfectly well.

Also see: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283532

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

My ground alignment takes 8 mins 6 seconds, is that right?

Yes

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Yes

Wow, in flight from now on it is then :)

I just grabbed a "hot start" 18 a few mins ago and noticed the dial is set to IFA. I've always moved it to NAV after alignment was complete. Should the dial be set to IFA during flight, or is this a new bug of the hot start?

Wow, in flight from now on it is then :)

I just grabbed a "hot start" 18 a few mins ago and noticed the dial is set to IFA. I've always moved it to NAV after alignment was complete. Should the dial be set to IFA during flight, or is this a new bug of the hot start?

When aligning the plane on ground, on HSI, down keys there is one which says Stored Aligment or something like that. Press it and you'll have a 90s aligment. After that, move dial to IFA if on bluefor and date is +1984, or on redfor with unlimited satnav option toggled in mission editor for that mission. Otherwise, use NAV

here video of the fact:

EDIT:

i found that switching to NAV after that, seems to fix the problem !

dont know if its me doing the procedure wrong or a bug, anyway the solution is that.

Edited by DLEGION