TGP cursor will not move when SOI

USAF-Falcon87

Anybody else having this problem since the update? I have a mission with groups of tanks, all of which are on waypoints, the point of which was to test the CZ function. Here is what I do:

1) Select AG.

2) Select CCRP.

3) Select TGP on MFD2

4) Set SOI to MFD2

5) Attempt to move cursor--no response.

6) Select DGFT or MSL OVRD mode, then deselect, but DON'T make MFD2 SO (reads NOT SOI), and cursor will move.

7) Select SOI for MFD2, and cursor doesn't move.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Adding to this, TMS Aft is not slaving TGP to Boresight anymore.

What should be the correct behavior on this?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Phoenix

F-16C

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-2400MHz, GTX 1080, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, Oculus Rift S

Also the TGP cannot look aft.

At the point hwere it looks straight down, it resets, which makes it unusable for dropping Laser guided bombs.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I just tested again. I was point tracking a highway with my tgp, but CCRP is aiming at waypoint 1 instead. Also, tms down slaves the tgp to the waypoint instead of center it to the boresight like it used to do. TV right now is very very dark and gray, very hard to find things unless you change it to white hot or black hot.

I just tested again. I was point tracking a highway with my tgp, but CCRP is aiming at waypoint 1 instead. Also, tms down slaves the tgp to the waypoint instead of center it to the boresight like it used to do. TV right now is very very dark and gray, very hard to find things unless you change it to white hot or black hot.

Did you command ATRk or PTRK after slewing?

I just spent an hour dropping GBUs pretty much without issue, except for a somewhat dark TV feed, like you reported.

Neither did my TGP reset view pointing down, nor did CCRP drop bombs where I didn't want them to. :dunno:

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team
Adding to this, TMS Aft is not slaving TGP to Boresight anymore.

What should be the correct behavior on this?

Regards

Hi

TMS aft command cursor zero

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Same here. And the new tgp looks very very gray.

You can adjust using Grey scale (MGC)

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Also the TGP cannot look aft.

At the point hwere it looks straight down, it resets, which makes it unusable for dropping Laser guided bombs.

Seems to be working fine here can you add a short track

how low are you?

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Anybody else having this problem since the update? I have a mission with groups of tanks, all of which are on waypoints, the point of which was to test the CZ function. Here is what I do:

1) Select AG.

2) Select CCRP.

3) Select TGP on MFD2

4) Set SOI to MFD2

5) Attempt to move cursor--no response.

6) Select DGFT or MSL OVRD mode, then deselect, but DON'T make MFD2 SO (reads NOT SOI), and cursor will move.

7) Select SOI for MFD2, and cursor doesn't move.

Any ideas/suggestions?

With you up to step 5, where I do get response.

Step 6 is correct in that HUD SOI and you can move TD box and TGP is supposed to follow. You aren't moving TGP, you're moving SPI and TGP is slaved to SPI.

Step 7 I can move TGP the same as in step 5.

So apart from steps 5 and 7 we get the same and I think correct behavior. I don't know why you aren't getting TGP-SOI cursor response though.

F16 TGP Slew Sequence.zip

Did you command ATRk or PTRK after slewing?

I just spent an hour dropping GBUs pretty much without issue, except for a somewhat dark TV feed, like you reported.

Neither did my TGP reset view pointing down, nor did CCRP drop bombs where I didn't want them to. :dunno:

Hi, can you boresight your TGP with TMS Aft?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Phoenix

F-16C

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-2400MHz, GTX 1080, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, Oculus Rift S

• ED Team
Hi, can you boresight your TGP with TMS Aft?

Regards

TMS AFT is cursor zero

thanks

Just tested the Litening pod in A/A and A/G. Everything works as intended on my end. Although I have to admit that ground targets could stand out a little more even when pod is fine-tuned with MGC. Especially, WHOT/BHOT mode could use a little more "glow" to the targets in A/G mode. The MFD image seems to be really washed out. Otherwise, everything is working fine.

Ok, so there is no more option to boresight?

Regards

TMS aft simply undesignates and should default to the standard SPI, which in the Viper is the STPT. So basically: CZing the TGP sounds correct to me. That is correct as per RL.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team
Just tested the Litening pod in A/A and A/G. Everything works as intended on my end. Although I have to admit that ground targets could stand out a little more even when pod is fine-tuned with MGC. Especially, WHOT/BHOT mode could use a little more "glow" to the targets in A/G mode. The MFD image seems to be really washed out. Otherwise, everything is working fine.

Hi

We have fully implemented the symbol, brightness, and gain rockers, but they missed the cut off for the patch. In the meantime, MGC will help a lot.

thanks

Hi

We have fully implemented the symbol, brightness, and gain rockers, but they missed the cut off for the patch. In the meantime, MGC will help a lot.

thanks

Yeah, MGC helps for sure in the meantime and you guys are on it. BN, you guys did a great job. I am very satisfied with what we got this patch. Even that RWS-SAM "autoscaling whatever it was" seems to be gone, now. The most important thing is that the basic stuff works. And it does. Again, thumbs up from me.

Edited by Tango3B

With you up to step 5, where I do get response.

Step 6 is correct in that HUD SOI and you can move TD box and TGP is supposed to follow. You aren't moving TGP, you're moving SPI and TGP is slaved to SPI.

Step 7 I can move TGP the same as in step 5.

So apart from steps 5 and 7 we get the same and I think correct behavior. I don't know why you aren't getting TGP-SOI cursor response though.

What I meant by no response was that the cursor didn't move. As I was informed above, you have to choose Area Track with TMS Right or Point Track with TMS Fwd/Up before the cursor will move.

It's inconsistent. Sometimes it works exactly as expected and you can move the hud cursor and the tgp moves with it. Other times, hud cursor doesn't move. Others, you can move both, but they aren't slaved. I did it over and over again with the exact same steps and got different behavior, seemingly at random.

There should be some method to target within the hud fov, like the old boresight. The current SP, being fixed a specific distance, no matter the roll or pitch of the jet, is virtually useless unless you align your nose, set it, then slew the pod upwards. That's needlessly cumbersome compared to how the Lightening pod works on every other aircraft.

Additionally, if you change the steerpoint, that location you just worked to find is GONE. Unless you WRITE down the coordinates shown on the tgp display and make a new steerpoint with them, there is no way to go back to that location again.

Lat/Long on the display and TTI is nice and all, but the new pod, unless used on a nice fixed steerpoint against stationary targets, is absolute garbage compared to yesterday. That doesn't even touch the issues with adding in the visual changes without giving tuning capabilities to actually have things stand out from the surroundings.

Horrible choices on implementation.

Edited by Rhayvn