SERPENTS HEAD 2 CAMPAIGN UPDATED 19AUG20

Badger633

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Thanks for checking.

Woohooo I got it at first attempt today!

Don't know why I struggled so hard with this one, but finally I got er done!

👍

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Man oh man have I had a blast with both of these "Serpent" campaigns.

I may have to hold off Mission 10 for a day or two just to make it last lol.

Thanks so much for these great campaigns! Looking forward to your next one for sure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well, the Supercarrier would be fun, but you know that with the regular campaign, we get supercarrier comms from initial check all the way down to LSO and touch down!!! (Surely we need to own the SC)..  That is great immersion, especially on the way back from Sukhumi, at night, with a CaseIII recovery!!!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Great Campaign! Just finished yesterday. Really nice idea for the last landing after succesful mission 😉 Generally I had no problem with anything, apart of annoying Mig-23 in 3rd mission. In fact, for 9th and 10th ones, some experience of FLIR handling is recommended, but I had trained it some time before and a lot of hours on A-10 😉 

Edited by Padre Pio

4 hours ago, JEFX said:

Well, the Supercarrier would be fun, but you know that with the regular campaign, we get supercarrier comms from initial check all the way down to LSO and touch down!!! (Surely we need to own the SC)..  That is great immersion, especially on the way back from Sukhumi, at night, with a CaseIII recovery!!!

Yes you will have to own the super carrier module. To be honest it is well worth it. It adds so much to the immersion when operating the Hornet. The original SH2 was written before the supercarrier was even a thing. When the supercarrier was added the comms was also added into DCS generally as you say. This is why my comms are slightly at odds with the new supercarrier comms on the odd occasion. Have had to adapt these for the super carrier version of SH2.

The follow on campaign which I have been working on for a year, “Rise of the Persian Lion”, will need the supercarrier and the Gulf map. It has 15 missions and  over a thousand voice overs and once again written with VR in mind.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

31 minutes ago, Padre Pio said:

Great Campaign! Just finished yesterday. Really nice idea for the last landing after succesful mission 😉 Generally I had no problem with anything, apart of annoying Mig-23 in 3rd mission. In fact, for 9th and 10th ones, some experience of FLIR handling is recommended, but I had trained it some time before and a lot of hours on A-10 😉 

Glad you enjoyed them.  My next campaign which I have finished now will utilise all of the hornets systems including the sea and ground mover radar modes. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glyn said:

Yes you will have to own the super carrier module. To be honest it is well worth it. It adds so much to the immersion when operating the Hornet. The original SH2 was written before the supercarrier was even a thing. When the supercarrier was added the comms was also added into DCS generally as you say. This is why my comms are slightly at odds with the new supercarrier comms on the odd occasion. Have had to adapt these for the super carrier version of SH2.

The follow on campaign which I have been working on for a year, “Rise of the Persian Lion”, will need the supercarrier and the Gulf map. It has 15 missions and  over a thousand voice overs and once again written with VR in mind.

Thankfully I already have the SC and will be waiting anxiously for the Rise of the Persian Lion. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Omg all that work in the final mission and thought I was home free.

Denied augh!!

Don B

6 hours ago, dburne said:

Omg all that work in the final mission and thought I was home free.

Denied augh!!

What caught you out?

6 minutes ago, Glyn said:

What caught you out?

Well I did not want to reveal any spoiler or anything, the last unexpected segment is giving me trouble.

Will be trying again tomorrow.

Don B

7 minutes ago, dburne said:

Well I did not want to reveal any spoiler or anything, the last unexpected segment is giving me trouble.

Will be trying again tomorrow.

You will get it 👍

4 minutes ago, Glyn said:

You will get it 👍

Yeah I think I need to change my strategy around a little for that one, will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Don B

10 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yeah I think I need to change my strategy around a little for that one, will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Don’t hang around and try not to be a  hero 😉

Edited by Glyn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Glyn said:

Yeah that is what I was doing, hence the change my strategy comment I was thinking the same.

Don B

9 hours ago, Glyn said:

Exactly, I suppose I've made the same mistake 😄 Fortunately, TacView is the best teacher. I don't want to spoil much, but after all, I had the first possibility to use the jettison button in the campaign and reach over 1,5 Mach with Hornet 😄 

Edited by Padre Pio

2 hours ago, Padre Pio said:

Exactly, I suppose I've made the same mistake 😄 Fortunately, TacView is the best teacher. I don't want to spoil much, but after all, I had the first possibility to use the jettison button in the campaign and reach over 1,5 Mach with Hornet 😄 

LOL ironically I had already thought of trying similar as well for this part of mission when I attempt it again.

• Like 1

Don B

👍

Got it on first attempt today! What an awesome campaign!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed both the first and second one. I will have to do them again when you have the supercarrier available.

And I am really looking forward to your next one on the Persian Lion!

Loved the ending also!!

Don B

Just now, dburne said:

👍

Got it on first attempt today! What an awesome campaign!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed both the first and second one. I will have to do them again when you have the supercarrier available.

And I am really looking forward to your next one on the Persian Lion!

Loved the ending also!!

Glad you enjoyed it. That's what it is all about 🙂  

18 minutes ago, amelbeach said:

I played the original free The Serpents Head and absolutley loved it. So i bought the new one yesterday, and it's great too. Having an issue though.

*Spoilers Ahead*

In the first mission at the airshow, i shot down the two su-25s and made it back to the boat (on my fourth attempt 😄 )But now that ive landed and shut down, the mission wont end..I really dont want to have to do a fifth repeat. Any help?

Did you get a confirmatory radio call letting you know all migs were down and instructions to get back to the Stennis or refuel? If so how did you shut down the game?