SERPENTS HEAD 2 CAMPAIGN UPDATED 19AUG20

Badger633

5 hours ago, epy123 said:

Hi, 

In mission 7 when i land to refuel on batumi, i park behind 4x4 and fuel truck crash with my right wing and get stuck.

I will try again and park on right side of 4x4, i hope triggers and mission will work ok with that.

Congrats with campaing, im enjoying it.

Hi 

Just checked it. Yes it seems the vehicle routing  has got broke since an update. I have fixed it and will be asking ED to issue the fixed mission. In the mean time I attach an image which shows where the Marshall vehicle should be when the mission is working correctly. Park your Hornet where shown on the red double lines  and it should all work.

Hope this helps

Mission 7 incorrect vehicle movement.jpg

• Thanks 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

En 29/1/2021 a las 18:49, Glyn dijo:

Hi 

Just checked it. Yes it seems the vehicle routing  has got broke since an update. I have fixed it and will be asking ED to issue the fixed mission. In the mean time I attach an image which shows where the Marshall vehicle should be when the mission is working correctly. Park your Hornet where shown on the red double lines  and it should all work.

Hope this helps

thanks! you have won a buyer to your next campaing ;-)

En 29/1/2021 a las 18:49, Glyn dijo:

Hi 

Hope this helps

i tryed to park in the red lines but didnt work, fuel truck stops behind 4x4 and nothing happens. where are the trigger? can i modific mission? i dont want to waint until ED patch this 😞

thx!

41 minutes ago, epy123 said:

i tryed to park in the red lines but didnt work, fuel truck stops behind 4x4 and nothing happens. where are the trigger? can i modific mission? i dont want to waint until ED patch this 😞

thx!

Hi , yes on checking the Marshall vehicle is not allowing the refueler to get in its correct position and thus stopping a critical trigger.

If you really do not want to wait try this below, SPOILER ALERT

You normally stop  behind the Marshall vehicle and refueler parks by your side. You are then told to refuel. So go ahead and do this. (double red lines). You would then normally confirm when this is done by the F10 menu. You would then get the following message.

FORD : BATUMI GROUND

WE NOW HAVE FURTHER INTEL REGARDING THE INSURGENTS ATTACK. IT APPEARS THEY HAVE BEEN SIGHTED ESCAPING VIA BOAT 40 MILES TO THE SOUTH WEST. THEY HAVE BEEN PIN POINTED AT "PRECISE" COORDINATES
LAT NORTH 41 21 12 . 01
LONG EAST 40 47 32 . 97
THEY WERE LAST SEEN HEADING 240 DEGREES AT 11 KNOTS. SUGGEST YOU ENTER NEW WAY POINT.  CONTACT BATUMI CONTROL FOR TAKE OFF CLEARANCE ON 131.00 RADIO 1 CHANNEL 1. EXPECT RUNWAY 31.

So you can go ahead, contact tower and take off. You will miss some messages as you fly out over the sea unfortunately but just follow the instructions  above and you will get messages as you approach boat.  After taking out the boat mission should run normally and I think you will get a pass. Hopefully I have not missed anything.

Sorry about this but out of my control 

Cheers 

Bardger633

Edited by Glyn
  • Thanks 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 3 weeks later...

Glyn, so I just started this campaign (love the original Serpent's Head) and I'm flying the first mission.  You gotta tell me... did the voice actor for the controller on the Stennis intentionally try to sound like Lt. Aldo Raine?  Because I'm having flashbacks to Inglorious Basterds!  

null

image.jpeg

20 hours ago, GoodHope said:

Glyn, so I just started this campaign (love the original Serpent's Head) and I'm flying the first mission.  You gotta tell me... did the voice actor for the controller on the Stennis intentionally try to sound like Lt. Aldo Raine?  Because I'm having flashbacks to Inglorious Basterds!  

null

image.jpeg

No but I’m going to have to look that film up again now🙂

Finished  first mission after  3  attempts   landed  back on stennnis   told  me  i  could  exit    came  back  to start mission 2 and   back  to first mission  again,  saw in  the  records  that   i  hadnt  flown  any mission  at all  so  was  wondering  is  there  a  certain order  to  exit   since i  went  straight  to  desktop  screen   when i  selected  exit  ok off  to do mission 1  again  and  will  end  mission the other  way

Edited by pete_auau

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

Finished  first mission after  3  attempts   landed  back on stennnis   told  me  i  could  exit    came  back  to start mission 2 and   back  to first mission  again,  saw in  the  records  that   i  hadnt  flown  any mission  at all  so  was  wondering  is  there  a  certain order  to  exit   since i  went  straight  to  desktop  screen   when i  selected  exit  ok off  to do mission 1  again  and  will  end  mission the other  way

You need to save mission progress before going to desktop.

Very nice campaign.

Unfortunately for me, I died in mission 10 and it teleported me to mission 8.

I tried to modify the logbook but I broke my campaign.

Anybody who completed it or is currently at mission 10 can copy and paste their code?

Thanks

Something like this in the logbook

["created"] = "Tue Feb 23 12:44:13 2021",
                    ["player"] = "Maxime Beaulieu",
                    ["campaign"] = "./Mods/campaigns/FA-18C Serpents Head 2/The Serpents Head 2_ Simplified AtoA Refueling Rev 2.cmp",
                    ["status"] = "Active",
                    ["history"] =
                    {
                        [1] =
                        {
                            ["datetime"] = "Sun Jan 17 16:31:43 2021",
                            ["agKills"] = 0,
                            ["aaKills"] = 0,
                            ["stage"] = 2,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["mission"] = "Mission 1 Camp 2 Rev 26 SIMPLE H.miz",
                        }, -- end of [1]
                        [2] =
                        {
                            ["datetime"] = "Tue Feb 23 13:02:13 2021",
                            ["agKills"] = 0,
                            ["aaKills"] = 0,
                            ["stage"] = 2,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["mission"] = "Mission 2 Camp 2 Rev 6H.miz",
                        }, -- end of [2]
                        [3] =

4 hours ago, Klimax said:

Very nice campaign.

Unfortunately for me, I died in mission 10 and it teleported me to mission 8.

I tried to modify the logbook but I broke my campaign.

Anybody who completed it or is currently at mission 10 can copy and paste their code?

Thanks

Something like this in the logbook

["created"] = "Tue Feb 23 12:44:13 2021",
                    ["player"] = "Maxime Beaulieu",
                    ["campaign"] = "./Mods/campaigns/FA-18C Serpents Head 2/The Serpents Head 2_ Simplified AtoA Refueling Rev 2.cmp",
                    ["status"] = "Active",
                    ["history"] =
                    {
                        [1] =
                        {
                            ["datetime"] = "Sun Jan 17 16:31:43 2021",
                            ["agKills"] = 0,
                            ["aaKills"] = 0,
                            ["stage"] = 2,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["mission"] = "Mission 1 Camp 2 Rev 26 SIMPLE H.miz",
                        }, -- end of [1]
                        [2] =
                        {
                            ["datetime"] = "Tue Feb 23 13:02:13 2021",
                            ["agKills"] = 0,
                            ["aaKills"] = 0,
                            ["stage"] = 2,
                            ["deathsCount"] = 0,
                            ["result"] = 100,
                            ["mission"] = "Mission 2 Camp 2 Rev 6H.miz",
                        }, -- end of [2]
                        [3] =

Hi 

Don’t know how you ended up in mission 8! You should have gone to a replay of mission 10. Something must have corrupted as no mechanism in editor to go back two missions.

If you just want to finish mission 10 you can use the mission editor and play mission 10 from the DCS campaign files.

Hope this helps

Glyn (Badger633)

In fact, I want the +1 campaign sucess in my log. BTW I got killed twice in mission 10 over snake. Got one shot by probably a SA10 or Mig-29 who birth few seconds ago  but curiously in the log I don't see what hit me. I only see:"pilot dead"

I keep trying the first mission in this campaign and keep failing.

Says I am more than 3 NM from center of runway and I am nowhere near that far away, practically right beside it just north of it flying a tight box.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, dburne said:

I keep trying the first mission in this campaign and keep failing.

Says I am more than 3 NM from center of runway and I am nowhere near that far away, practically right beside it just north of it flying a tight box.

Hi, to be honest the trigger zone is a bit bigger than 3NM. No one has raised this issue to date. So What distance are you exactly when you get the fail. The last way point, think it may be 6, is centre of the runway, your HSI will give you exact distance. Are you following all way points beforehand with the orbit over the disused runway or cutting directly from the Stennis.?

Edited by Glyn

1 hour ago, Glyn said:

Hi, to be honest the trigger zone is a bit bigger than 3NM. No one has raised this issue to date. So What distance are you exactly when you get the fail. The last way point, think it may be 6, is centre of the runway, your HSI will give you exact distance. Are you following all way points beforehand with the orbit over the disused runway or cutting directly from the Stennis.?

No I am flying all waypoints including orbit over the disused runway till I get the message to proceed to waypoints 4 and 5. Then I fly down low just slightly north of runway. Kick it around after passing runway in a tight left hand turn and get mission failed due to going further than 3NM. 

I will try it again tomorrow morning and try and pay closer attention to everything including distance shown in HUD at the time of the mission fail message.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

11 hours ago, dburne said:

No I am flying all waypoints including orbit over the disused runway till I get the message to proceed to waypoints 4 and 5. Then I fly down low just slightly north of runway. Kick it around after passing runway in a tight left hand turn and get mission failed due to going further than 3NM. 

I will try it again tomorrow morning and try and pay closer attention to everything including distance shown in HUD at the time of the mission fail message.

Hi, just checked it out. Works ok just keep your HUD read out from way point 6 below 3NM. Suggest you go into the vertical  as you pass runway to better minimise your horizontal distance from the runway. Did note that the way point 6 seems to have changed to  a height of 6000ft rather than on the ground level which can be confusing, will change this back to ground level in due course. ( The 3NM restriction is to keep within visibility of the crowd and the stay North of display line is as in normal display safety discipline) 

Hope this helps.

4 minutes ago, Glyn said:

Hi, just checked it out. Works ok just keep your HUD read out from way point 6 below 3NM. Suggest you go into the vertical  as you pass runway to better minimise your horizontal distance from the runway. Did note that the way point 6 seems to have changed to  a height of 6000ft rather than on the ground level which can be confusing, will change this back to ground level in due course. ( The 3NM restriction is to keep within visibility of the crowd and the stay North of display line is as in normal display safety discipline) 

Hope this helps.

Thanks will be having another go with it here a little later on in the morning.

Don B

Ok I got through this part of the mission at least - note when I was about parallel with center of runway Hud showed me as 1.2 NM away from waypoint 6.

I flew a very tight box basically to stay within the boundary.

Still have to successfully get through the entire mission though.

Edit: Mission complete - finally LOL. 

Edited by dburne

Don B

8 hours ago, dburne said:

Ok I got through this part of the mission at least - note when I was about parallel with center of runway Hud showed me as 1.2 NM away from waypoint 6.

I flew a very tight box basically to stay within the boundary.

Still have to successfully get through the entire mission though.

Edit: Mission complete - finally LOL. 

Yes the 1.2 reading is because the way point is 6000 feet above you. To be changed to ground level.

Just successfully completed Mission 4. Got this one on first attempt, and it was a very cool mission - loved it!

I am thoroughly enjoying this campaign!!

Edited by dburne

Don B

38 minutes ago, dburne said:

Just successfully completed Mission 4. Got this one on first attempt, and it was a very cool mission - loved it!

I am thoroughly enjoying this campaign!!

Glad your enjoying it. A follow up 15 mission campaign based in the Gulf on the Super Carrier USS Abraham Lincoln  is virtually complete. Hopefully it will be  issued some time after  it is proved to be fully working after the next big  DCS update 2.7. Its called " Rise of the Persian Lion" .

3 hours ago, Glyn said:

Glad your enjoying it. A follow up 15 mission campaign based in the Gulf on the Super Carrier USS Abraham Lincoln  is virtually complete. Hopefully it will be  issued some time after  it is proved to be fully working after the next big  DCS update 2.7. Its called " Rise of the Persian Lion" .

Ironically I was just thinking about that whilst flying that last mission in the Campaign, how I hoped you might be doing one in the Persian Gulf based off the Supercarrier.

Yay!!

Mission 5 though is kicking my butt today, going to try again fresh tomorrow. Having trouble with my Amraam's getting and keeping a lock.

Maybe I need to mess with my target elevation a little more.

I will so be looking forward to Rise of the Persian Lion! 

Don B

Hello, 

great campaign I enjoying it a lot, however I'm unable to finish mision 10.

My GBU always misses and I cannot hit snake. I had no troubles hitting targets with GBU and littening pod in mission 9 but the last one seems to be bugged. 

Littening pod is set to ON, LTD is on, track is set for moving targets, I continuesly deppressing TDC for position update and still I always miss. GBU is set to AUTO and fuze to instantenous. 

Can you please tell me if it is bugged or I'm doing something wrong? Thank you.

6 hours ago, Martin38 said:

Hello, 

great campaign I enjoying it a lot, however I'm unable to finish mision 10.

My GBU always misses and I cannot hit snake. I had no troubles hitting targets with GBU and littening pod in mission 9 but the last one seems to be bugged. 

Littening pod is set to ON, LTD is on, track is set for moving targets, I continuesly deppressing TDC for position update and still I always miss. GBU is set to AUTO and fuze to instantenous. 

Can you please tell me if it is bugged or I'm doing something wrong? Thank you.

Hi

It’s not been flagged up by anyone else to date. Also if there is a issue it will be a DCS issue as the campaign script will not effect how a GBU works. You don’t need to update location with TDC once bomb has left the aircraft as this only controls drop location of bomb. Does the TGP maintain lock until bomb hits. Night time is more challenging especially when your target has lighting columns along the road. Have noted in other night missions especially if they are passing in front of the vehicle the TGP can lose lock.  I will have a look myself . In mean time suggest you just practice with a simple night mission to make sure you are doing everything correctly.

ps obviously you have set the correct laser code I should imagine.

Check this out

Edited by Glyn

5 hours ago, Glyn said:

Hi

It’s not been flagged up by anyone else to date. Also if there is a issue it will be a DCS issue as the campaign script will not effect how a GBU works. You don’t need to update location with TDC once bomb has left the aircraft as this only controls drop location of bomb. Does the TGP maintain lock until bomb hits. Night time is more challenging especially when your target has lighting columns along the road. Have noted in other night missions especially if they are passing in front of the vehicle the TGP can lose lock.  I will have a look myself . In mean time suggest you just practice with a simple night mission to make sure you are doing everything correctly.

ps obviously you have set the correct laser code I should imagine.

Check this out

Hi Glyn,

thank you for a quick reply. 

Yes, code was set corectly and it matched the code from the littening pod. As I've mentioned earlier, I've passed mission 9 without any problem where were also moving targets so I don't know why I cannot hit any target in the last one. 

It seems like the GBU is trying to hit manually created waypoint, since I've used waypoint designate, after that I slew with TDC coursor to another target and press TDC depress and then sensor select right multiple times for a moving target and again TDC depress. What is strange that I even don't have release que. 

Anyways I'll try different night mission if it makes any difference. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Martin38 said:

Hi Glyn,

thank you for a quick reply. 

Yes, code was set corectly and it matched the code from the littening pod. As I've mentioned earlier, I've passed mission 9 without any problem where were also moving targets so I don't know why I cannot hit any target in the last one. 

It seems like the GBU is trying to hit manually created waypoint, since I've used waypoint designate, after that I slew with TDC coursor to another target and press TDC depress and then sensor select right multiple times for a moving target and again TDC depress. What is strange that I even don't have release que. 

Anyways I'll try different night mission if it makes any difference. Thank you.

Just tried the mission, had no problems taking out target. If your not getting a release signal must be a problem with the bomb set up or targeting ?   

Edited by Glyn