[REPORTED]New GDR faction - some issues

Volator

Thanks for introducing the GDR as a faction, that's a great thing!

However, there are some issues:

1. MiG-29G is wrong. This is the post-unification model of the FRG German Airforce. The GDR needs the MiG-29A.
  2. For planes like L-39, MiG-15,-19 and -21, there are no (GDR) skins assigned to the GDR faction. Of course it's possible to edit the skin configs, but I assume every update will overwrite the files again and delete additions.

Could you pretty-please correct those two issues in the next update? :smilewink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1 in general liveries could do with some sorting out for their respective countries.

• Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

Bignewy, NineLine, any ED official, can you please take a look at this? It's such a simple thing.

I edited the db_countries.lua myself and changed the MiG-29G for the -A (and also added the MiG-23 and MiG-27 as MiG-23BN stand-in for the GDR faction), but with that you don't pass integrity check in MP anymore, so I had to revert back.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi I will ask the team about the Mig-29A,

Skins take time, I don't have a timeline for this sorry.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just checked: The MiG-19 and MiG-21 already have GDR skins available for the GDR faction.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 12:23 PM, Pilot Ike said:

L-39 and MiG-15 don't, IIRC.

Actually, both of them do, it's just both are assigned to Germany and not the GDR; going into the description.lua in Notepad++ (found in the individual livery folders), scrolling all the way to the bottom until you find countries = {"GER",} if you replace the GER for GDR, it fixes the issue.

DCS will however revert them back to default whenever you repair or update, so what I've done is I've made a folder on my user area, which contains my edits in the proper folder path; whenever DCS updates I can just copy this folder into Eagle Dynamics within Program Files and everything will be how I left it. I also do this for the default templates, payloads and even the countermeasure programs etc.

As for the callsigns; the whole of radio communication as a whole is in dire need of an update, though at the moment, at least as an interim it should be using the other REDFOR callsigns and languages.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:45 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi I will ask the team about the Mig-29A,

Skins take time, I don't have a timeline for this sorry.

Most of the aircraft actually have skins already, it's just that in the description.lua folder, they're not assigned to the GDR. Same with some vehicles (such as the new ZSU-57-2). The fix is super easy and I'm happy to do them myself.

A lot of this also applies for the USSR (at least with liveries).

The 9-12 MiG-29 doesn't have a GDR skin at present (they operated the 9.12A but I'm confident that the FC3 simplifications make the 9.12 and 9.12A identical), but even for the USSR, only the default skin is present, when they're practically all USSR liveries.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, Pilot Ike said:

Something else I came across today, not sure if it was that way before the latest patch:

GDR radio comms are in English and GDR has western callsigns (Enfield 11), even though GDR was assigned to Red in my mission.

It needs Russian comms and numeral callsigns.

Just a little reminder for ED: This little error is still present.

On 9/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, Pilot Ike said:

Something else I came across today, not sure if it was that way before the latest patch:

GDR radio comms are in English and GDR has western callsigns (Enfield 11), even though GDR was assigned to Red in my mission.

It needs Russian comms and numeral callsigns.

@BIGNEWY

@Flappie

Has the GDR comms issue been reported as well or should I open a new, separated thread?

• 11 months later...