[CORRECT AS IS] EXP Trapezoid not slewing realistic tdc unchecked

What’s the reasoning for this being correct as is? It doesn't make logical sense that the unchecked realistic tdc for the maverick overrides the behavior of having to hold down the tic to slew, but the radar would not also work this way.

Edited by fmedges

Agreed. With Realistic TDC Slew Unchecked I'd prefer it to handle like MAVS, as in no need to keep the designate button depressed...

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I agree that it should be same as MAV for this. The "Realistic Slew" checkbox was added since hardware on the WH throttle wouldn't allow slewing using the TDC while it was pressed (i.e. when pressed it wouldn't send slew inputs). Not sure why ED would think this workaround shouldn't work for radar too.

An explanation to the "Correct as is"-tag would be appreciated ED. Perhaps it is correct as is, if you're not using the Unrealistic TDC Slew option (Unchecking the "Realistic TDC Slew" checkbox)

My hope and guess is they just forgot this was an issue and it will be fixed/adjusted in the next OB to work with the unrealistic TDC slew.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I wonder if the dev ignored this thread completely after being tag as "correct as is" and no longer bother to read this further.

So +1 for bumping.

Didn't even read the OP before tagging. Now let's hope someone sees this thread.

Stay safe

I thought I was stupid, now I realize that my hotas can't do that. I hope they can solve it. At the moment no way to use.

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

Ok, we get it.. It is realistically modeled. But..

Just like with the MAVF it is impossible to use with an unmodified TM Warthog (and I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of DCS players used a TMWH)

It would only make sense if ED added a tick box for "unrealistic" EXP slew and I'm actually surprised this wasn't added from the start (surely someone at ED tested and experienced this on a TMWH before adding it in the patch :huh:)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH