P-47 Updates 2.5.6.53756 OB

Need some clarification on some of these, much appreciated:

DCS P-47D Thunderbolt by ED

• Cylinder temperature fixed - this one is known, no questions.

• Gas temperature for turbine is constant regardless of magneto off or fuel cut-off - fixed - known, no questions.

• Aftercooler update - Is this the interior color of the Intercooler after cooler issue, they are green and should not be?? What is this update referring to?

• Changed position and cover's texture of the guns. Fixed collision model - self explanatory.

• Oil system update - is this the oil warmup issue that was reported?

• Fixed missing FFB shake - not clear what this is?

• Added landing light driven shak - not clear what this is?

• Reduced propellor disbalance effect magnitude - is this the visual bug of having one prop or damaged props and how they behave visually??

Thanks all, just wanting to make sure I know what to expect when I fire her up, and fly over the Syria Map!!! Wooo hoooo!!!

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Nice! FFB shake is the little rumble you get before a stall with a force feedback joystick. All of the ww2 modules had it except the p47.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

+1 Good to know, thank you!

JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Nice! FFB shake is the little rumble you get before a stall with a force feedback joystick. All of the ww2 modules had it except the p47.

Did they implement force feedback stick forces for the p47?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Did they implement force feedback stick forces for the p47?

I think they have some FFB forces implemented in the P-47, but it doesn’t seem as complete as the P-51.

I still can’t believe they’ve added some FFB properties BEFORE they’ve added rockets. Rockets seem soo much easier to implement than FFB (relatively speaking)

I think they have some FFB forces implemented in the P-47, but it doesn’t seem as complete as the P-51.

I still can’t believe they’ve added some FFB properties BEFORE they’ve added rockets. Rockets seem soo much easier to implement than FFB (relatively speaking)

My P-47 is strictly for air to air. :gun_sniper: Now where is the M variant?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Well, this is not fixed at all! :mad::joystick:

Anyone else having trouble with their P47 getting above 260 MPH now?

No sir, tooling along at 320 straight and level at sea level and docked Boost lever. 24 seconds in, you can see this. Started and flew level for a bit. Also at other level flight intervals easily over 300.

What does this mean? Does the stick react to forces on the control surfaces or doesn't it? By this I mean does it get stiffer with more airspeed or not?

I'm asking because I will not buy a WWII module if it doesn't support FFB. It's simply not an option for me.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

What does this mean? Does the stick react to forces on the control surfaces or doesn't it? By this I mean does it get stiffer with more airspeed or not?

I'm asking because I will not buy a WWII module if it doesn't support FFB. It's simply not an option for me.

Don't buy it yet. It is not up to snuff.

Thanks for the reply. Will wait on it. (Or maybe just jump onto the "other WWII sim" bandwagon, at this point Im looking for excuses to keep on playing WWII stuff in DCS)

Yeah I can't trim it at all with my old Logitech Wingman 3D FFB.

There is a shake effect but I've only felt it so far when crashing.

It's not quite as bad in the P-47 as in the Spitfire, which I find has the worst FFB implementation of all the DCS warbirds -- having FFB on makes the Spit too touchy to be able to aim which doesn't make a lot of sense. But I turn it off in the P-47 too due to the inability to trim. Too bad, as it works great in other warbirds like the P-51 (though it does change the trim settings I need to use, at least it's possible to trim it with FFB on).

No FFB shaking when flying etc.

As told in the other thread, for me its a gamekiller to not have proper FFB. And as told many times before the stiffness in relation to speed is completely off in all modules.

What angers me is that the F14 has the best FFB in the whole game,because one person really cared about and worked it out.

So why is this not possible on the warbirds, where it is necessary?!

No FFB shaking when flying etc.

As told in the other thread, for me its a gamekiller to not have proper FFB. And as told many times before the stiffness in relation to speed is completely off in all modules.

What angers me is that the F14 has the best FFB in the whole game,because one person really cared about and worked it out.

So why is this not possible on the warbirds, where it is necessary?!

It's quite good in the P-51, except that it changes your trim settings but at least you can still find a setting that works.

It's absolutely amazing in the UH-1H and Mi-8. The stick centers to wherever it is when you release the Force Trim button.

Then there's a bunch of planes I have to turn it off in: The Flankers want to somersault forward when I have it on. The Spit is so twitchy you can hardly fly it with FFB on. The F-5 won't trim back enough if you're heavy meaning you have to keep constant back pressure on the stick. Same with the P-47 regardless of loadout.

I get why they have trouble supporting it as nobody is making FFB sticks anymore and there are differences in how the MS and Logitech sticks behave. But yes, the fact they managed to make it work in some aircraft means it could/should work in all of them.

Edited by SMH

PS after the latest patch the bombs do no longer explode?

Did I miss something? I open cover, then arm ? Is there something else to do? Worked before the patch!

Yeah, there's a new bomb arming panel on the left side aft floor. (Covering up the carb heat lever, which doesn't seem right. Were they really like this?)

PS after the latest patch the bombs do no longer explode?

Did I miss something? I open cover, then arm ? Is there something else to do? Worked before the patch!

Yeah, there's a new bomb arming panel on the left side aft floor. (Covering up the carb heat lever, which doesn't seem right. Were they really like this?)

Missed this. I did arm bombs for a quickie, and they didn't seem to cut loose. Ran the mission again, toggled covers, toggled center front panel switches, bombs dropped.

We have yet another arming panel?

I did have to remap my toggle cover and toggle switches after the maps for the switches was applied incorrectly. Guess I will need to fire it up and check this out. Darn, have to get in the P-47 and fly it, such a bummer. :lol:

Indeed quite confusing, you have to turn and pull the handles on the new left panel,

and I had the impression I also had to open cover and engage the switches on the main panel as before.

But then it works!

Holy Crow how did I miss that???? Are those just for Fuel Tanks, Chemical tanks only. I know you answered the question but I am professing my ignorance.

Guess I need reread the manual!

Indeed quite confusing, you have to turn and pull the handles on the new left panel,

and I had the impression I also had to open cover and engage the switches on the main panel as before.

But then it works!

Nice. Even more buttons to map and press. i have a warthog throttle, vkb gadiator and an xbox controller already full, gonna have to get another now :) clickables are for princesses :lol:

But then it works!

Sadly from all the information I have found. The weapons panel on the left side is for the D-27 and below and the weapons panel in front is for the D-30 and above. I have found no information that indicates any aircraft having both panels.

Jesse