DCS Syria on Steam

bonesvf103

Wanting to be constructive.... is their an email address or means to contact Steam directly? This delay isn't acceptable and we know its not ED's fault so keen to express my displeasure. Also any links for migrating Steam DCS to standalone? I no longer wish to support and pay a Steam surcharge for incompetent service. Cheers again. Very angry with lazy Steam about this.

NOT A CHILD! A CUSTOMER WITH REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS for service. Maybe you enjoy being treated as a second class citizen; I do not. As such I will not be an apologist for substandard service. There is no good reason for waiting 21 hours and no update from Steam has been given or offered.

• ED Team
Wanting to be constructive.... is their an email address or means to contact Steam directly? This delay isn't acceptable and we know its not ED's fault so keen to express my displeasure. Also any links for migrating Steam DCS to standalone? I no longer wish to support and pay a Steam surcharge for incompetent service. Cheers again. Very angry with lazy Steam about this.

Guide to switch to stand alone is here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/#3303126

you are binding your steam account and modules to your dcs login. Your steam purchases remain on steam and can still be used.

Just bare in mind any eshop purchase cannot be used on the steam client

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sorry all,

we are waiting for valve to approve the store page, this is a manual process so we are at their mercy currently

thank you for your patience

Can you ask them probing questions like

"Do we have to wait for our point of contact to come back from his/her vacation before you approve this?"

Steam Surcharge? Are you paying a fee to USE steam?

NOT A CHILD! A CUSTOMER WITH REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS for service. Maybe you enjoy being treated as a second class citizen; I do not. As such I will not be an apologist for substandard service. There is no good reason for waiting 21 hours and no update from Steam has been given or offered.

Really? Having to wait an additional day or two for a publishers game to become available on a 3rd party system to which they have no control is akin to being treated as a second class citizen?

Steam Surcharge? Are you paying a fee to USE steam?

You as a customer not...but 30% of what you pay for DCS modules goes to Valve.....

So in my opinion better to buy modules from ED shop and so everything you pay will go to ED and fund other modules and core upgrades

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Well hey, it’s not like Steam knew the release date was coming so they could be prepared. I’m sure the Release of this map was as much as a surprise to Steam as it was to us: meaning, no surprise at all. Unreal. Few hours? Sure. But a full day or more for Steam to approve the store page for something they’ve known about for weeks? Cmon. Lock it up

• ED Team

Hi all,

To give you more detail, our store page was ready in advanced, the problem we are currently having is the Steam rep we usually work with is on holiday, we have contacted the steam portal team but still have not had the store page approved yet.

That is the situation we are in currently, sorry for the delay.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the update Bignewy.

Most of us understand that this is not ED's fault. Hopefully it will be ready soon for Steam users too.

On the bright side maybe this will get more of us Steam users over to the standalone client :)

- Albien

• ED Team

Downloading :thumbup::pilotfly:

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

downloading, yeah!

1st major complaint! Isn't downloading fast enough!

And to think that I thought it was me. I've been downloading for an hour an and I'm only at 14.44gb out of 29.95gb

But I'm happy it's on Steam now.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Do not understand why all the people who rely on steam for DCS. Download rates are fantastic now direct.

Cut out other software running, improve your game performance oh and lastly and more importantly it helps raise more revenue by keeping DCS direct to ED. Why give steam whatever the % share (no doubt 15-30%) which takes revenue away from ED that allows basically them to have a better resource base and us a better product? It doesn't make any sense (for those that like to count the hours played its in your logbook in game).

Good that steam brings in new players, but surely be responsible and migrate once you know your going to be playing DCS and buying further modules. It's super easy to migrate over and again cuts out additional software running on your pc when its really not required, especially VR players.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Do not understand why all the people who rely on steam for DCS. Download rates are fantastic now direct.

Cut out other software running, improve your game performance oh and lastly and more importantly it helps raise more revenue by keeping DCS direct to ED. Why give steam whatever the % share (no doubt 15-30%) which takes revenue away from ED that allows basically them to have a better resource base and us a better product? It doesn't make any sense (for those that like to count the hours played its in your logbook in game).

Good that steam brings in new players, but surely be responsible and migrate once you know your going to be playing DCS and buying further modules. It's super easy to migrate over and again cuts out additional software running on your pc when its really not required, especially VR players.

You can still review the product there without the risk of being censored.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

PS....

some guys where reporting near gig download speeds yesterday direct from ED, was even some screenshots knocking around.

All the people that where crying yesterday re Syria, this is only going to happen time and time again - move away from Steam if serious about DCS and wanting things on release day.

Learn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat