US Carrier Fleet Mod

Racer and myself decided it would be easier to have just one thread to track down instead of three. He will be posting updates for the F-14D Tomcat, F-18 Super Hornet F and new US Carrier all in this thread. So stay tuned for future updates. I leave you with the latest posted pic and also go to Virtual Navy Ops for more info.:thumbup:

http://www.virtualnavairops.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9

Carrier2.jpg

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking Excellent!!!!

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Alfa, as far as I know from Racer no work has begun on the Carrier. All models in that picture are from meshfactory as were purchased by Racer, EricJ and myself. Racer I am sure will shave the poly's down the best he can as he is doing the same right now for the Tomcat. And Trooper, I am sure it will, Racer is diving headstrong into this project, and really showing off his talents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alfa, as far as I know from Racer no work has begun on the Carrier. All models in that picture are from meshfactory as were purchased by Racer, EricJ and myself. Racer I am sure will shave the poly's down the best he can as he is doing the same right now for the Tomcat. And Trooper, I am sure it will, Racer is diving headstrong into this project, and really showing off his talents.

I'm glad to hear that. Because he got amazing talent!:thumbup:

A.K.A Csocso

And a update for everyone::thumbup:

F-14 is coming together nicely.

F-14-1.jpg

Also he has brought the SuperHornet up to speed with the Tomcat as he is working on both to make sure everything is still fresh in his mind. Also get them out a little quicker. :thumbup:

And your SUPER HORNET!!!

F-18F-1.jpg

And a quote from Racer:

"Moving right along guys. icon_cool.gif

Doing these in tandom is clearly the way to go.

It is still fresh in my head what I did on one and can quickly

tranfer this over to the other.

F-18F Hornet Super Bug Update: Total Poly Count thus far: 1720

I have now completed the model up to the same point as the F-14D model.

I am also attaching the texture file as we will be doing this the same way

as the F-14D.

May the best texture win.

On to the F-14D Wings next."

Looking forward to posting future updates. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will do Trooper. :thumbup: Glad to hear that everyone is supportive of the talent behind this project. Also, spoke to EricJ today and he will be texturing both aircraft. A ton of support behind Virtual Navy Ops. In the form of Racer doing the models and EricJ doing the textures. And we would like to that the community for the great support behind this massive project.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great project guys!!

What about EricJ creating a template so more skinners could bring in their work based upon that?

Keep goin'!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hey Alfa,

Oh for sure they are all 3 very fat with poly's and don't stand a chance in the game without being trimmed down.

But have you heard the saying "How do you eat an elephant"?

One bite at a time........:smilewink:

My main goal here is to trim down and clean them up and lay down the texture maps for Eric to

hammer out.

The long term goal would be to have all 3 in a single mod.

Short term, one plane in at a time.

With so much being done by the Talented Community within the strict parameters that LockOn imposes, I am always amazed at the next development - something which I thought would not be possible having due regard to the amount of work/additions already contributed :)

To All the Talented Individuals in the LockOn Community and in particular the members behind the Virtual Navy Ops developments, turning an already Great Simulation into something special that caters for all tastes, however diverse........

My Respect!

Outstanding work Lads :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Alfa, as far as I know from Racer no work has begun on the Carrier. All models in that picture are from meshfactory....

Yeah I figured as much - thats why I asked ;) .

Racer I am sure will shave the poly's down the best he can as he is doing the same right now for the Tomcat.

I am sure, but as far as the "Ike" is concerned, I think he needs to swap the shaver for a chain saw :D

JJ

Hey Alfa,

Oh for sure they are all 3 very fat with poly's and don't stand a chance in the game without being trimmed down.

But have you heard the saying "How do you eat an elephant"?

One bite at a time........:smilewink:

Hehe indeed - but that carrier model is more like a herd of elephants :D .

My main goal here is to trim down and clean them up and lay down the texture maps for Eric to

hammer out.

The long term goal would be to have all 3 in a single mod.

Short term, one plane in at a time.

Best of luck with the project guys - it warms my naval heart to see such an initiative :) .

Cheers,

JJ

Maybe a big 10' logger's chain saw. :lol:

Believe me, I am under no illusion of what it will take to get these into the game.

No I can see you know your stuff - I was just a little worried whether you realised the level of work involved with the shaving there :) .

JJ