F-14A on the 19th? *wink, wink, nudge nudge*

Southernbear

And were it not for the DCS Tomcat I would have never gone looking to join the VF-201 Facebook page, and never learned about LCDR Segars. Reading about the folks that responded to the scene still having a hard time with the memories, I decided it best not to paint up that AF101 he was in, rather I am skipping over it. I may not release that shiny new AF104 since it was the same airframe. I know most of the folks from the squadron are probably not doing DCS but it just didn't seem appropriate to me.

Whenever I can get the JimBob Express as complete as I can, probably minus all of the signatures, I want to make sure its posted with a biography of some kind for LCDR Segars. So dont be surprised if you see DCS screens over in the 201 FB page whenever Im done.

I understand the hesitation, but look forward to those skins :)

If done respectfully, and as a hommage to him, there is nothing wrong with it. Preserving history and telling the stories of those who we lost, serves them more than anything in my opinion. That our Tomcat is capable of connecting stories and people, because all stories are ultimately connected to people, if only for needing them to be told, is something that makes me proud more than anything. What warms my heart even more, is that slowly the fighter/ aviation community and the sim community are growing together. They will never mix entirely, for good reasons, but the overlap, while still small atm, is getting bigger. And imo it is a good thing for both sides: the aviation sector profits from young people being inspired into persuing an aviation career themselves, and the avid simmer profits from the real world inspiration aviation can give.
I couldn't have said it better myself:thumbup:

--=_Flying Since LOMAC_=--

The issue is that you're trying to frame the A we are giving you (and advertised) as "A-ish", not an "actual A model", and a "B with TF30s". Lack of glove vanes makes it none of those things. The A you are getting is what you would find in the fleet throughout nearly all the Tomcat's service life, in addition to an Iranian version. We never advertised glove vanes so expecting them now and saying our product is a fraud is frankly BS. I realize all these extra items have not been released yet (a few are coming very soon), but saying that we are misleading customers is just not true.

If you don't want to appreciate the value you're getting from this module when compared to other $80 modules, that's your prerogative. The F-16 costs $80 and you're not getting an F-16A or any other F-16C blocks besides block 50, despite ED not even mentioning which block version you're getting on the Viper store page! Also keep in mind that currently $80 only gets you a fraction of the features mentioned on said store page. Even just creating and testing an additional engine type for the F-14A has not been not a trivial task. How many other $80 modules are doing things like that?

You're also very welcome to complain all day about a lack of glove vanes. Maybe we'll add them cosmetically later but that's not my choice to make. Saying that we are not delivering an "actual A model" (and therefore implying the F-14 is a fraudulent product) is patently false and where I have to take issue.

Thanks guys for everything you’ve delivered I’m never gonna fly the A model and I still would have paid more for the B model by itself. $80 bucks isn’t a lot of money and I’d happily pay it again to fly the tomcat. Thanks for all you do Heatblur!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for everything you’ve delivered I’m never gonna fly the A model and I still would have paid more for the B model by itself. $80 bucks isn’t a lot of money and I’d happily pay it again to fly the tomcat. Thanks for all you do Heatblur!

Why not ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Because of the engines. Honestly if HB makes a D model that’s all I’ll fly too.

I see.

Didn't imagine the 'temperamental' engines could be such a turn-off for you.

For me it would be the other way around: if Heatblur had only featured the F-14D, with the respective modern symbology at the HUD, that would be the turn-off for me.

Really, who cares.

I'm not cared, I'm curious.

As I do enjoy many fine details about the F-14, eventually I also like to know other people's perceptions about it.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Because of the engines. Honestly if HB makes a D model that’s all I’ll fly too.

I'd be quite content with F-14B Upgrade, as well but yeah the F-14D would be my favorite plane by far.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I mean the fact that most cat launches in the B model are done using only mil power compared to always in afterburner for the a models is pretty telling.

Did you know -A with the TF30's can actually reach a higher top speed than any B model can due to putting out more thrust under certain conditions?

I'd say that's pretty telling :P

(Serious note, it's engine+flight regimes. The GE engines are better 95% of the time, but the old PW TF30's do have their plus points)

Did you know -A with the TF30's can actually reach a higher top speed than any B model can due to putting out more thrust under certain conditions?

I'd say that's pretty telling :P

(Serious note, it's engine+flight regimes. The GE engines are better 95% of the time, but the old PW TF30's do have their plus points)

yup, for this reason im gonna try the a for low level high speed bombing runs, see he it does

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

my squad CO asked why if I fly the Jeff why I wont fly the hornet

I said cuz the f14 bitterness. and Idk when it was free that weekend i just didnt like it. the JF was super easy to learn all the systems but plenty depth. and its faster. but its more, i cant put my finger on it, I just... Ive seen both f14s and 18s up close flying around and on the CV65 and... Id take F14s all day. Im a weirdo though, Id bring A6s back lol

That's not quite what they said. More that they're focused on finishing A and B and some data may be limited Besides which the F-15E is coming out with very similar systems and it's not they couldn't find SME for it...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

That's not quite what they said. More that they're focused on finishing A and B and some data may be limited Besides which the F-15E is coming out with very similar systems and it's not they couldn't find SME for it...

they said the data they need to build the F-14D to their standard is classified / unavailable. There are plenty of SME's available, but the 14D was a completely different bird avionics-wise as well as the FCS, wing box, etc etc... and given that Iran still flies the A, they aren't going to declassify that stuff any time soon.

They've never definitely said no is more where I'm going as much as "not under consideration at this time." Most of the specifics on their responses as far as I've seen were on lack of specific documentation of the various MFD, PTID pages, etc. Knowing what they had to replace (HSD, VDI, etc) and the functionality they had to portray (comparable to equivalent era Hornets) would certainly give EA justification for a few "Not yet implemented" pages, etc... and many could be interpolated... if they think there's a viable market there.

The Iran angle is fairly preposterous when thinking they would be able to use anything on 50 year old A frames that lack the functionality of what we already have in the game, let alone a D. Hopefully this idea goes through the govt to get the remaining info declassified. Much of that could hopefully be loosened by the licensing negotiations.

So definitely not two weeks, not short term... intermediate would be wishful thinking but yeah. Kinda hoping the mod community will step in at some point, in the meantime.

Specs & Wishlist:

My friends are all hornet pilots mainly but one of them got the tomcat talked mad shit on how old it feels and then actually flew the thing and killed something at 50 miles and was like you know this birds alright lol.

haha

• Like 1

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Just gonna leave this here:

We're going to be launching the F-14A in the October patch. :) I think that's as concrete as it gets (I hope!) - but we want to present many other things (A-6, Forrestal, et al.) too - we're starting with that this week and weekend. We've made upgrades to several core systems too- far more than you'd expect from just shipping the -A.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/iorsmt/since_the_other_post_was_deleted_harrier_deemed/g4gvnwq/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 (click "continue thread")

Edited by Buzzles