F-14A on the 19th? *wink, wink, nudge nudge*

Southernbear

Well as some of you may know unless something as happened thats quite significant, Heatblur has been working tirelessly to bring us the F-14A. It has been said a few times during this season that HB is on track for a August release and given that ED's update cycle is now Monthly, the 19th with the drop of Syria, F-18 and 16 radar modes and TGP changes as well as possible AGM-65s for the F-16 (they've been delayed once, till I see a Wagner video or the update log saying it so I'm not holding my breath just in case) seems like a good time as any for a possible F-14A too? :music_whistling:

Of course it is always possible that HB does their own update later into August OR comes out with a statement saying its being delayed...but boi the brakes are starting to fail on this Hype Train!

I wish it would come like the Jester can finally serve the lantirn. Experience has shown that this will probably be postponed again. Don't expect it until the middle of autumn. Better it takes longer but as error-free as possible.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

Just curious why everyone seems anxious for the F-14A? We have hi-fidelity A+ (B), why the excitement for a early, less capable, model?

For me, it's the longest serving and most common variant. The F-14B came along in 1988, so it doesn't necessarily fit into several Cold War scenarios. Later in life it was the first variant to drop bombs in anger, first on the scene in OEF, only Tomcat variant to operate from land bases in support of special operations forces, and still didn't lose an ounce of its formidable air-to-air capability.

And I'm sure plenty of others are probably more excited about those older, high-visibility liveries, especially "everyone's favorite" with bones on it.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Cool, thanks for the explanation! I'm now looking forward to it as well!

Love the B model, my fav module so far. So I know I'll love the A model.

BTW: from photos I've seen of the A model office, are the avionics, radar, and such the similar to the B?

Just curious why everyone seems anxious for the F-14A? We have hi-fidelity A+ (B), why the excitement for a early, less capable, model?

With the A model and some of the early Migs make for some great late 70s and early/mid 80s match ups. Especially with the Syria terrain. Also since the Iranians flew the A we can have some proper what if dogfights.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

BTW: from photos I've seen of the A model office, are the avionics, radar, and such the similar to the B?

Aside from the placement/presence of the RWR gauge and the engine instruments (analogue in F-14As and Bs remanufactured from As, digital in new-build F-14Bs) they will be very similar. The F-14A we are getting is a contemporary of the F-14B we have, so it will also be able to use LGBs just like the B we have, but load it out for air-to-air and it'll fit nicely into the scenarios Dave speaks of above.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

For me, it's the longest serving and most common variant. The F-14B came along in 1988, so it doesn't necessarily fit into several Cold War scenarios. Later in life it was the first variant to drop bombs in anger, first on the scene in OEF, only Tomcat variant to operate from land bases in support of special operations forces, and still didn't lose an ounce of its formidable air-to-air capability.

And I'm sure plenty of others are probably more excited about those older, high-visibility liveries, especially "everyone's favorite" with bones on it.

True. Im mostly excited to do cold war era missions.

• Like 1

Another point would be that there are some hot campaigns waiting for the A.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Its free.

its part of the original promised package. we get A then we prolly have good shot at promised A6 asnd Forrestal

It looks different, cockpit and otherwise

THe iranians fly it - Itll make a big diff in a lot of campaigns in PG.

It just opens some doors.. you know? its more like, why not? I mean its not taking away from jester doing lantirn anyway.

The A is also approx. 1500lbs lighter then the B. So if you care about not taking more ordenance than you can recover without exceeding maximum trap weight, the A will give you a little more payload.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

We will not recreate glove vanes for the A. Just so you don't get false hopes.

In general folks, manage your expectations please: you are basically looking at the A cockpit atm, the B will receive the EIG in time, and the A will have a different RWR and some other minute changes, but in general the cockpit and everything else will stay as is. The biggest difference besides RWR, ECM page, etc will be the engines. So please do not expect that you will be looking at a completely different aircraft.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

In general folks, manage your expectations please: you are basically looking at the A cockpit atm, the B will receive the EIG in time, and the A will have a different RWR and some other minute changes, but in general the cockpit and everything else will stay as is. The biggest difference besides RWR, ECM page, etc will be the engines. So please do not expect that you will be looking at a completely different aircraft.

I'm sorry, say again? It sounds like we're getting an "A-ish" model, not an A. Why aren't glove vanes being implemented? We've all been waiting this long, might as well release an actual A model when its ready instead of a B with TF30s ....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

The RWR is a page called on the VDI, right? Just like the HSI and the TID?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I'm sorry, say again? It sounds like we're getting an "A-ish" model, not an A. Why aren't glove vanes being implemented? We've all been waiting this long, might as well release an actual A model when its ready instead of a B with TF30s ....

Uhm, thats because the A was like that. The glove vanes got removed from it and the rest simply was as described. It is an actual A model...

And we said numerous times that we wont be doing glove vanes.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/