Possible to launch DCS in non VR

TJTAS

An even easier way is to just unplug the VR cables from your computer (The USB cable mainly) and then reboot and start DCS. It will open without VR if it can't find your headset. I do this all the time when I want to do mission editor stuff and I don't want to bother with VR for the mission creation stuff. Then when I want to fly, I just power down, plug the headset back in and reboot and it's back to normal VR use. Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

An even easier way is to just unplug the VR cables from your computer (The USB cable mainly) and then reboot and start DCS. It will open without VR if it can't find your headset. I do this all the time when I want to do mission editor stuff and I don't want to bother with VR for the mission creation stuff. Then when I want to fly, I just power down, plug the headset back in and reboot and it's back to normal VR use. Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy.

That'll work but... I don't see how that's easier than SkateZilla's utility.

That'll work but... I don't see how that's easier than SkateZilla's utility.

There is literally a button to launch without VR with Skatezilla's utility:

1908049916_Skatezillaapp.thumb.png.cd20b14d70e8bf4cfadabcf0eba46e37.png

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

Huh? Maybe you misunderstand me or didn't read what I was replying to.

I was agreeing with you and pointing out the single button you have to hit to launch DCS without VR with Skatezilla's app.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

1: There are 3 custom settings on the main screen. But if you change something like resolution or VSync On/OFF, the game will reboot itself first.

2: and already mentioned above: Skatezilla's utility (it's just superb for all things DCS): You can set up any startprofile you want and the one click button to get ya there.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!