PLAT Cam recording

Doum76

I was out of the sim for a bit less than a year, jsut got back in 2 days ago and bought the SuperCarrier, which i love. My only sadness is, the fact that Replays still seem to be aweful, desynched etc... I know that replays was always tricky, eithe here or in FSX, what makes me sad is, since i don't often go online, i do some traps on my own, and can't even enjoy the LSO view with the minitors etc since replay sucks when ever i either take off from teh carrier or land on it the second i touch the carrier, replays desync.

I was wondering, would it sorta be possible to have a sorta auto record of what ever the PLAT cam is recording, so we can watch after, a sortas background thing so we don't need to play a replay and try to watch our landing on the carrier. A sorta option in the menu that would allow how to enable plat cam recording, so it'l end up in a movie rather than a replay, that would record live the landings and not trying to replay AI's behaviors... Or another options would be if i could export the PLAT CAM window on my second screen, so i could simply record that second screen, kind of what we can do with gauges and MPCD from aircrafts and place them on a second screen.

I just want to analyse my own landings, but ever since the Hornet came out, all that uses the carrier is always sorta offset, of course i could try my old trick to take off from an airfield and land on the carrier, it should be ok to watch it, but damn, i want more than one pass working.

Edited by Doum76

i would try to set up a second or spear PC to record the plat cam

make your mission multiplayer with slots for only you and an observer or game master slot,

on the multiplayer screen start new sever and PW protect it so no one else can log in. this would have your main PC that your playing DCS on the sever and have you other PC connect to your mission and get to the plat cam view and record with something like OBS

i would try to set up a second or spear PC to record the plat cam

make your mission multiplayer with slots for only you and an observer or game master slot,

on the multiplayer screen start new sever and PW protect it so no one else can log in. this would have your main PC that your playing DCS on the sever and have you other PC connect to your mission and get to the plat cam view and record with something like OBS

Yeah well, of course this would work, not i didn't think of it, second PC to run games always been an easy way out for tons of games to make some situations easy, but i've spent since 2010, so much for DCS, quite a few thousands $, if one thing i won't do, is simply grab another PC to run DCS for Plat Cam recording, to be honest, if that ends up the only option, i can tell you landing record will go down the drain and **** it. :) I was thinking more, a practical solution and less expensive. :)

i was thinking more along the lines of your old PC the one you replaced a 5 years ago when the new hotness video card and CPU got released. it dose not need to top of the line or super powerful just be able to run DCS a lap top might work. i know some one who runs a popular DCS sever on a laptop in there house. it not going to cost any thing to try to see if it works if you got some other PC in the house. you will need a second acount but they are Free dont need to buy any modules, maybe the maps, but you can test it out the Caucasus map for free to see if it works