Hind and vr ns430

ngreenaway

Will the hind be getting a vr- friendly NS430?

Image below shows a different Garmin GPS unit in use

Mil_Mi-24_Hind-D_Bord_118_Gunners_Cockpit_01_CWAM_8Oct2011_%2814444315969%29.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I can't zoom in enough to read definitively, but in this Bulgarian mi-24, there also appears to be some gps to the right of the sights

picture.php?albumid=1828&pictureid=12323

Edited by ngreenaway

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

maybe same reason the copilot in the MI8 has more navigation instruments, i suppose

the second pic i included seems to be a reasonable way to mount the ns430, similar to how aviodev & now polychop implemented it

System:

Yes, it is a cleaner cockpit, I imagine they can figure somewhere to fit the thing if there was interest in it. I just want to show that commercial GPS could be shoehorned into this, as in real life.

I don't know that it's used much for navigation. I'm in middle of reading "snake pilot: flying the cobra attack helicopter in Vietnam", and the author discusses the need for front seaters to be sharp with map reading because it was they who called in artillery strikes, called in downed birds, or called for airstrikes and whatnot, so being able to radio in accurate coordinates was paramount

I don't know modern doctrine for the Hind, but I can imagine it's much the same& in that sense having a gps mounted in the front seat makes a lot of sense.

The ns430 seems to be gaining traction lately, first with c101 and now gazelle. I hope ED will take this opportunity to implement one of their own modules into a new airframe where something similar has been used in real life

System: