Tacan use

Racoon76

Hello,

Yesterday we did a trainind with a F14 team and we tried to use the tacan to localize the Tomcats.

I was a bit confuse, because it was impossible to receive any Tacan. We tried all modes, but nothing.

How i must set my tacan to receive the signal ?

It's work for tankers but not for Tomcats

Regards

Hello,

Yesterday we did a trainind with a F14 team and we tried to use the tacan to localize the Tomcats.

I was a bit confuse, because it was impossible to receive any Tacan. We tried all modes, but nothing.

How i must set my tacan to receive the signal ?

It's work for tankers but not for Tomcats

Regards

Did you use a channel 63 higher than the what the Tomcat was using?

Have a look at this video:

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Thanks for the video.

The Tomcats used 2X channel and i switched my tacan on 2X ... It was my mistake.

But if they used 2X A/A T/R, i have to set 65X . Is that correct ?

Yep that’s correct. You have to be 63 numbers higher or lower and that’s the case for all aircraft. But I’m fairly sure you only get ranging information not bearing. So it’s good for spacing but not actually tracking except for the fact your can see if your getting closer or tracking away. Again I’m sure that’s the case for all aircraft also expect purpose built tacan stations like tankers and such.

Edited by Blinky.ben

Unfortunately not. I tested with a tanker and a second JF17. Each had their own channel. 10X for the tanker and 1Y for the JF.

For the tanker, it's work perfectly, but nothing received from the second JF. Yet if I put myself on the second JF channel, i can hear the correct morse code. But nothing on my HSD, neither on 1Y nor on 64Y.

Edited by Racoon76

Unfortunately not. I tested with a tanker and a second JF17. Each had their own channel. 10X for the tanker and 1Y for the JF.

For the tanker, it's work perfectly, but nothing received from the second JF. Yet if I put myself on the second JF channel, i can hear the correct morse code. But nothing on my HSD, neither on 1Y nor on 64Y.

Bump +1 had AA-TCN selected as well

B is for Big not Beacon

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4429377&postcount=6

I will do a check tonight on a network server with all mode A/A.

We will see what it gives.

Interesting, must’ve mixed it up with the beacon radar mode

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg