Fresh Install

rphtx

This has probably been covered, but if someone has a recent link would appreciate. Getting a new rig and was wondering if there was a method for installing that is best practices. I practically own everything DCS puts out whether interested or not its a way to support the projects. In any case was just wondering if there is an install step by step that leads to the least problems. Thanks.

Maybe you can start here......

I came across this article in the DCS FAQ one day when I was doing other troubleshooting.

How to install DCS without Internet on PC ? (or traffic issues on PC)

Good luck

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I also have a fresh install. However, I now have three computers. (1) my (W7) house server which I hope to use as a non-render server; (2) an older (also W7) but very fast gaming computer that I have been using since god was a kid; and (3) a brand new and very fast gaming computer that I just installed Winblows 10 on. Of course, the new OS crashes hard regularly. No, it's not the GFX driver nor the 2080ti, and no, it's not DCS. (I'm working on it... but I DO hate windows 10 very much.)

My question, though, is: I have two gaming rigs. Can I put all my DCS stuff on BOTH rigs but only run one DCS at a time? (I have all the modules and terrains.)

If I invite a friend over, is there any way I can get both gaming rigs to fly a two-ship? I mean, without buying all the modules again.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

... I have two gaming rigs. Can I put all my DCS stuff on BOTH rigs but only run one DCS at a time? (I have all the modules and terrains.)

Yes, you can.

If I invite a friend over, is there any way I can get both gaming rigs to fly a two-ship? I mean, without buying all the modules again.

No, the only way is to create an ED account for your friend and purchase just the map and aircraft that you want to fly. No need to install anything, your friend just needs to log-in with his account on your other PC. There will be a message for the non-owned dlc but just ignore it and use the aurcraftvthat he has purchased.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Quote:

Originally Posted by =Mac= View Post

... I have two gaming rigs. Can I put all my DCS stuff on BOTH rigs but only run one DCS at a time? (I have all the modules and terrains.)

Yes, you can.

Done! YES!!!!!

(downloading 191 GIGAbytes currently. Wow.)

Edited by =Mac=

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...