JF-17 Ground radar EXP modes

Caster

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 10:05 PM, Mike_Romeo said:

They are allready implemented.

There was a placeholder implementation, but for now a long time it’s actually not been available at all. The screen stays black, plus they never implemented the targeting/SPI designation system for the EXP modes anyway. It just wasn’t functional.

2020/8/27 PM1点05分,uboats说:

yup, we are still learning ED's new AG render

including how to make the EXP/DBS TDC movement accurate

the black narrow beam is old fx script, will fix in next patch

Is the black narrow beam fixed now? Or it seems back again after v2.7...?

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it's probably best until ED finalizes hornet ag radar features.

like we didn't change anything, there's blank angle re-appears for jf-17. we don't know why, and once ED finalizes the ag radar, then we would not worry about any unpredicted changes.

similar things happened to 802ak behaviors.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

1 hour ago, uboats said:

like we didn't change anything, there's blank angle re-appears for jf-17. we don't know why, and once ED finalizes the ag radar, then we would not worry about any unpredicted changes.

Ah ok makes sense not to waste time trying to fix something until ED themselves are done tweaking and augmenting.  Thanks for the response.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 12:26 AM, uboats said:

I'm guessing their map angle bug where the designation isn't velocity corrected is a huge pain for your team

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Fliegerkalle said:

Any update here ? We have end of 2022 and AG radar with EXP modes seems to be still bugged ? 

How is it bugged? I think in late 2021 we got the fully functional EXP modes this thread was asking for.  Notice how all but the previous two posts are from early 2021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Not trying to hijack, but does the JF17 have expand mode for the AA radar? Can't find any info on this

Had a mission where i was struggling to sort 2 bandits flying close together

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

On 11/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, AeriaGloria said:

How is it bugged? I think in late 2021 we got the fully functional EXP modes this thread was asking for.  Notice how all but the previous two posts are from early 2021

Compared to previous patches in 2020/21 you can not see any terrain (like runway or difference between water and land)  in map mode on best exp mode (DBS2? Or EXP2 - currently don‘t know the term) in AG radar right know. Back in 2021 the AG radar picture was more or less similar to that in the f18 and f16. 

In my last try to attack a airfield on the PG map. I was not able to recognize the airport because each building / unit object - create the same brick with no difference between buildings and large units - and no terrain info like water, field, rivers or runways. 

Edited by Fliegerkalle

3 hours ago, Fliegerkalle said:

I was not able to recognize the airport because each building / unit object - create the same brick

If you are using DBS1/DBS2 you get the best resolution when your target is 30 degrees or more off your nose. I've had some really clear images come off, but yea its not intuitive how the radar works, you do have to practice it a lot.

• Like 1

Can confirm, if you use DBS as intended you can not only see runways and taxiways but even aircrafts on the ground or objects scattered around, including AAA or SAM, though obviously there is no way to tell what's what.

One minor problem I have is cursor sensitivity in DBS2, it's hard to designate stuff when cursor moves much faster than in any other radar mode

On 11/13/2022 at 8:42 PM, Napillo said:

no, but you can try RWS or VS mode which might help - if you can't distinguish them on the radar, then your missile probably can't either.

No, i think you are mixing things up. Expand or RAID is a submode for RWS or TWS to be able to sort out targets flying close together, like the F16 or F18. It zooms (or expands) the area around your radar cursor

But our Jeff doesn't have such feature than?

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat