DCS of the Future?!

No meu entender, de que adianta ter aviões modernos, se muitos deles não viram a conflitos de verdades , como o Vietnam,,Coreia e tantos outros em que verdadeiramente os aviões do passado como o F4 Phamtom, o F8U Cruzader, o A6 Intruder estiveram.Tenho o SP Carrier na minha biblioteca, mas so posso contar com dois aviões navais, o F14 e o F/A 18 Hornet.E preciso que ED de prioridade a outras aeronaves tambem importantes. Ate pouco tempo, eu voava o A4, e agora com esta atualizaçao, não posso mais utilizar o modulo.

Hi guys,

first of all... i love DCS (ED and the community at all) but there is one problem with this simulation in my opinion. The overall look of the UI itselve.

Little sidestory...a good friend of my plays a lot of PARADOX games and there is the same problem. The game is outstanding and the functions are unique but the look is not really what you expact when you put a lot of money & effort in it. In this special interest games is the function king and its not easy to manage the complexity. In the PARADOX games and in DCS too. I see the problem an will show a solution for all of us.

I´m sure some people say „...this is a sim not a stupid game...“, „... we don´t need fancy graphics in a real sim...“ and „i don´t care“. When we want a growing community, the look of the product that we love so much is a important point for many young people to stay and invest in DCS.

DCS is at the beginning free to play and you have sometimes only one chance to catch the new player... to be honest... the look is a little bit 2007 style. You understand what i mean? The first impression must be better. You spend a lot of time outside of the cockpit and adjust the game/missions in the menues.

DCS is also a entertainment product and ED (and we too) need new, young pilots to grow the game. Here comes my work in play... i create a new look for the game... try to make it more modern and agressive. In my opinion the game need more eye candy... period.

In the first stage i try to use the existing UI and make it a little more „cool“ or "gamey" maybe. More graphic elements and not sooo boring. I don`t change the information in the elements too much to match the current menues. At the end i will try to give DCS a „AAA game“ look. Or better... thats my plan.

When you guys and ED like what i have done i will try a real overhaul of the UI with new ideas and more mayjor changes in the look and feel. For now is show some pics but in the future i will show more of the functions and ideas that i have.

Here are the first pics for you? You like it? Make a comment.

Disclaimer: Not finished yet.

PS: Copyright for the Hornet Background pics goes to @Xonne. I found his pics in the Screenshot section.

This is a non-commercial project... please respect my work. Thanks.

Greetings

Matthias aka mm13indy

DCS 2021 Mainpage

dcs2021_screen_mainpage_01.jpg

DCS 2021 Mainpage+Newsfeed

dcs2021_screen_newspage_01.jpg

DCS 2021 Logbook

dcs2021_screen_logbookpage_01.jpg

DCS 2021 Dynamic Campaign

dcs2021_screen_dyncampaign_01.jpg

It's very creative, not my style/taste but I admire the artistry here.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I think it's too busy and cluttered and the diagonal theme just wastes space.

I also have my doubts about its ability to cleanly scale to different resolutions and UI scaling, its friendliness to color-blind and other users with poor eyesight and it looks likes it would be the opposite of VR friendly.

Edited by panton41

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

It looks very modern, I like, but imo probably a bit too busy. Something similar but toned down a bit, with less inspiration from Xbox games maybe :p

The UI isn't ''oh my god top priority'', but I think it's relatively high priority. All this talk about making the game more accessible? Yeah, the GUI throughout the game is pretty damn rough. Not NEARLY as bad as it used to be, but it still really needs a dedicated graphic design artist to go through and streamline the whole damn thing to reduce clutter and improve friendliness.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I like the look of it in general - colours and widget design is good.

I would lose the slanted windows/dialogs though. There is too much going on (GUI depth) to be wasting screen real estate with triangular shaped "dead zones". Also, this potentially has to work on smaller screens as well - screen real estate is at a premium.

$0.02