VKB GLADIATOR NXT - Entry Level Taken to the NXT Level

UIV

Gladiator MKII and Gladiator K are out of production. The NXT is the latest iteration for the most affordable VKB line of products. The new base has kept some elements of design from the original Gladiator base, but everything else has changed: the gimbal is different, made from more resistant materials, fiberglass reinforced. There are fewer and smaller PCBs inside and only 2 wires.

• 2 weeks later...
Will it be possible to use extensions for the stick?

Also, can the stick be angled, or am I asking too much? :joystick::lol:

You're not asking too much but you're asking it from a wrong model. GNX is a plastic gimbal based model, period. Extensions, angled extensions, all that belong to a different domain (of all metal gimbals, etc).

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

I just realized that this existed. I was going to get a Warthog stick to go with my TWCS throttle, but this one (the premium) will cost me about the same or less...under $300 CDN all-in. How does this compare to the Warthog (i.e. why should I buy this instead)?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

How does this compare to the Warthog (i.e. why should I buy this instead)?

It's not that you "should". It's that you can! :)

Talking about comparison, I'm probably a wrong man to ask - pls wait to see what the other guys say. (I can't believe I'm so modest, but look, it's a fact!)

>

AeroGator

This is the best quality / price option on the simulation market. I would have liked a more modern design base, but as soon as they have stock, I will have it on my desk.

So you think it's worth the same price as the Warthog? Have you owned a Warthog?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Is configurable like any other DInput joystick, in DCS module (or other game) controls select an control under joystick name (NXT) press a button, hit OK, done.

However you can use (once) VKB DevCfg (what is not a keyboard emulator like TARGET, Manager, Joystick Gremlin but a firmware configurator) for set "modes" and "shifts", e.g. if Pinky button is pressed and hold button 10 became momentarily button 51, etc (what games with old Dimput 32 buttons limit can't use).

For games with dumb joystick support (like il2:GB series) you can use Joystick Gremlin for create different profiles for different planes. This keymapper software require keep running in game background (Like Target, Manager...).

DCS world allow buttons as "Shift" (momentary modifier) and "Mode" (permanent modifier) direct in game controls, besides set controls per plane, so use keymapper like Joystick Gremlin is rarely need.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Is configurable like any other DInput joystick, in DCS module (or other game) controls select an control under joystick name (NXT) press a button, hit OK, done.

However you can use (once) VKB DevCfg (what is not a keyboard emulator like TARGET, Manager, Joystick Gremlin but a firmware configurator) for set "modes" and "shifts", e.g. if Pinky button is pressed and hold button 10 became momentarily button 51, etc (what games with old Dimput 32 buttons limit can't use).

For games with dumb joystick support (like il2:GB series) you can use Joystick Gremlin for create different profiles for different planes. This keymapper software require keep running in game background (Like Target, Manager...).

DCS world allow buttons as "Shift" (momentary modifier) and "Mode" (permanent modifier) direct in game controls, besides set controls per plane, so use keymapper like Joystick Gremlin is rarely need.

I understand then that Windows will recognize the device immediately and using the additional software is optional. I also understand that functions can be multiplied. Thank you very much for the reply.

I wish all flight sims had as good a controller setup menu as DCS has.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am seeing that there is no stock on the European website until November. So I have several doubts. In case of placing my order, for example, on the 10th, when would I have it at home?

And given the difficulties in accessing the product, I wonder what the return and refund process would be like in case of technical problems.

I've been trying to have a VKB on my desktop since before the summer.

I am seeing that there is no stock on the European website until November. So I have several doubts. In case of placing my order, for example, on the 10th, when would I have it at home?

And given the difficulties in accessing the product, I wonder what the return and refund process would be like in case of technical problems.

I've been trying to have a VKB on my desktop since before the summer.

I see no direct or indirect logical connection between availability and after-sales.

The EU dealer is there regardless whether the goods are available or not, and he is in the EU and is subject to the EU legislation.

Talking about problems in actually getting a VKB device onto your desk, I think it'd be better if you wrote to the sales (at) vkb-sim (dot) pro. Seriously, it is kinda hard to imagine how someone willing to purchase a VKB product for 5 months haven't been able to do so, as we kept selling and shipping to Europe throughout all this time. But maybe there was some unique configuration, or some other special request... anyway, the guys at sales team will sure be able to address this issue.

>

AeroGator

I see no direct or indirect logical connection between availability and after-sales.

The EU dealer is there regardless whether the goods are available or not, and he is in the EU and is subject to the EU legislation.

Talking about problems in actually getting a VKB device onto your desk, I think it'd be better if you wrote to the sales (at) vkb-sim (dot) pro. Seriously, it is kinda hard to imagine how someone willing to purchase a VKB product for 5 months haven't been able to do so, as we kept selling and shipping to Europe throughout all this time. But maybe there was some unique configuration, or some other special request... anyway, the guys at sales team will sure be able to address this issue.

Do you question my willingness to have a VKB on my desktop since before the summer?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4436371&postcount=46

Answer:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4437112&postcount=47

I recognize that I am slow in making decisions when it comes to an investment, but you cannot question my willingness to have a VKB on my desktop, if it is not available when I want to buy it.

In any case, the difficulty of accessing the product since July and that you have questioned it, has helped me make a decision. Good Morning.

Edited by La Unión | Atazar

From early spring till end of September Airlift service was up and running.

All models and versions not in the dealer's stock were flown to the EU on weekly basis (sometimes more often). One week was missed out, when the dealer was on vacation.

Airlift stopped end of September due to holidays, going to be resumed next week.

Right now as I am writing it the dealer is busy clearing 2 containers to re-stock his shop.

Next shipment to the EU will be bringing Gladiators NXT.

Sales in the EU have never been as easy and as fast, and are getting easier and faster with every shipment.

>

AeroGator

In defense of VKB; the shipment of the Gunfighter MkIII, plus MCG Pro & F-14 Stick took 3 days, from placing the order, before it left the Netherlands. So it is possible, to get a VKB product on your desk ;)

The re-stocking of the european shop has definitely improved, compared to previous years, IMHO.

Edited by Canadus
typos

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Your example is useless because it is not even modeled after this thread, VKB Gladiator K and VKB NXT.

You are indeed correct, Sir.

I just wanted to point out, that my personal experience with VKB was a good one & that oders, if available, will be shipped out fast (at least here in western europe).

Your experience seems to have been a different one & I can understand your frustration to some point.

My understanding would be, that you didn`t had to pay for the NTX up front & if you have chosen to go for another HOTAS, good for you. Most likely, I would have done the same thing, would I have been in your shoes.

I, for myself, have been waiting for more than a year, before I decided to gor for one of the available Gunfighters... :D

Edited by Canadus
typos

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

So you think it's worth the same price as the Warthog? Have you owned a Warthog?

Anyone?

aleader,

You are comparing sticks in different prices category.

NXT Premium price is $150 (vkbcontrollers.com - USA)

Warthog is $280 (stick only in Dell.com - USA)

NXT has better gimbal than Warthog whose gimbal suffer from stiction.

NXT has more buttons on grip and more axes than Warthog.

Warthog has better "real look" and grip shells is in metal (cheap Zamac), case this two features are important for you.

- Warthog can be upgraded with VKB and VirPil "high end" bases.

Don't know if NXT can be used in "high end" VKB base.

But your local market can make the prices equals, with Warthog available locally and NXT requiring pay shipping and import fees. Then is a personal choice.

Edited by Sokol1_br

aleader,

You are comparing sticks in different prices category.

NXT Premium price is $150 (vkbcontrollers.com - USA)

Warthog is $280 (stick only in Dell.com - USA)

NXT has better gimbal than Warthog whose gimbal suffer from stiction.

NXT has more buttons on grip and more axes than Warthog.

Warthog has better "real look" and grip shells is in metal (cheap Zamac), case this two features are important for you.

- Warthog can be upgraded with VKB and VirPil "high end" bases.

Don't know if NXT can be used in "high end" VKB base.

But your local market can make the prices equals, with Warthog available locally and NXT requiring pay shipping and import fees. Then is a personal choice.

As I said in my initial post, for me, they are the same price. I can get the Warthog here from several retailers including Costco off and on for $529 CDN ($398 USD - with the throttle). The stick alone I've seen as low as $279 CDN ($210 USD). The peripherals are cheaper in Canada for whatever reason. I'm in no hurry to buy as I have a HOTAS already, so I can wait for stock/sales.

I know it's a personal choice, which is why I'm asking people that know what the differences are (that have actually tried both). I've read that the NXT has 'cheap' feeling buttons (and is all plastic) and switches compared to the Warthog for example, but a 'smoother' feel.

What I'm getting from your post is that prices being equal, the Warthog is better? The Gunfighter III is a nice stick I'm sure, but I'm not paying $700 just for a joystick to play games...

Edited by aleader

I had the NXT and it looks and feels nice, but it is small! I am sending it back because it is too small, otherwise it is fine

Small compared to the Warthog? What was your previous stick?