[REPORTED EARLIER] Refueling Probe Light Issues

Jself

Is the refueling probe light bugged? My squadron is having issues getting it come on consistently. We’ve tried every combination of external lights switch and day/nite/NVG switch on the right console. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn’t. It’s off more than it’s on. It will work for some and not others on the same flight. Anyone else having this issue?

Hasn't worked for months for me. Additionally, the tanker lights don't come on until you've closed within 1nm or so, incredibly frustrating.

I sure hope the next update comes with some good news on the lighting front as it's been in constant change and a state of perpetual bugness for too long.

Sadly this is another now "old" issue. The light is actually on when you have a look via external camera. But it is not illuminating other surfaces.

In my case at least it does actually reflects on the drogue but only when there is daylight. At night it is just like a small useless candlelight.

Its just like it works contrary to what its supposed to do day/night wise..:doh:

Sadly this is another now "old" issue. The light is actually on when you have a look via external camera. But it is not illuminating other surfaces.

In my case at least it does actually reflects on the drogue but only when there is daylight. At night it is just like a small useless candlelight.

Its just like it works contrary to what its supposed to do day/night wise..:doh:

I noticed the same thing as well. Then the wing lights on the tanker are blinding trying to use NVGs. Nighttime refueling is a cluster right now.

I oddest thing is it works sometimes... We did a flight of 3 a couple days ago and 1 had working probe light the other 2 did not.

"Cold start" jet = AAR probe light doesn't work.

"Hot start" jet = AAR probe light doesn't work.

Maybe that used to be the case, I ran a cold start mission last night, worked the first time, ran the same mission again, it didn't work. I can't remember, I might have hit restart during debrief, maybe had something to do with it, but either way, cold start isn't a guarantee it works sadly.

• 4 weeks later...

How are you illuminating the basket like that. We do night refueling and NVG's are blinding, so we turn our Gamma way up to see the basket. Educate me on what your doing to see the basket without cheating and turning up the Gamma?

Also, I just posted about the inconstancy of getting "Cleared Pre-Contact" and as the host, I see the baskets as always out even when they aren't. Do you guys see that