CVW-66:EURO TIMEZONE_CARRIER WING RECRUITING

REDEYE_CVW-66

Carrier Air Wing 66 is recruiting crews for F-14B Tomcats and F/A-18C Hornets!

RECRUITMENT TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED  TO TRAIN NEW PILOTS.

Check the link below for more information:

Make sure to read ALL information before applying:)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255554

Redeye,

CAG

CVW-66

66.jpg

Edited by REDEYE_CVW-66

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, 

I have carefully read the prerequisite for joining your squadron and I'm very interested by your presentation. 

I understand that you are currently on hold for F18 recruitment. 

However, I'd like to know if you have a "waiting list" for those willing to apply next time you are recruiting? 

Thanks! 

• 1 month later...

I will forward your interest to the CO. However, if you are interested- I suggest you write up an application where you specificy your DCS history, your current skill level and capabilities and why we are interesting to you. Thank you for your interest:)

21 hours ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

I will forward your interest to the CO. However, if you are interested- I suggest you write up an application where you specificy your DCS history, your current skill level and capabilities and why we are interesting to you. Thank you for your interest:)

Some people really take the milsim-thing a step too far, but each to their own I guess..

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

I see it this way, it is polite to introduce oneself if you are interacting with someone you met or want to do "business" with and this has nothing to do with mil - sim or not.

It's not as you are asked to write a 50 page assay, but a brief introduction of who you are, what your capabilities are in DCS and what you like to do and expect from "the group".

Basic human interaction which will be saving all from disappointment and wrong assumption. 

Oh, nobody has to be called Sir if you wonder 😉

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

I see it this way, it is polite to introduce oneself if you are interacting with someone you met or want to do "business" with and this has nothing to do with mil - sim or not.

It's not as you are asked to write a 50 page assay, but a brief introduction of who you are, what your capabilities are in DCS and what you like to do and expect from "the group".

Basic human interaction which will be saving all from disappointment and wrong assumption. 

Oh, nobody has to be called Sir if you wonder 😉

Fair enough , Lt. Jaeger, polite introductions are fine. Just personally I find these here still over the top as  prerequisites for doing sth simple like joining a squadron in your already  sparse valuable free time.They should be appreciative that people want to join them at all, given the abundance of squadrons out there.

This „why we are interesting to you“ seems really like a thinly and not very cleverly veiled „why should WE hire YOU“ , which would probably make me immediately disregard these guys. If you run a hobby like a job organisation.

And if the very guy responsible for recruiting here isn’t able to take an executive yes/no decision by himself but has „forward the request to his CO“…. boy am I out at this point.

Edited by Snappy

Our instructor pilots spend a lot of sparse valuable free time developing/maintaining SOPs and teaching student pilots. We had sevaral instances where applicants were either not intersted in the kind of flying we do or did not have the required basic knowledge (we are not a RAG/FRS), ultimately wasting everyone's time. Introducing yourself and having a chat helps both parties figure out if they fit together before starting the training pipeline (which are dozens of hours for BOTH SP and IPs). If that appears overly demanding already than you definitely do not need to apply in the first place. We aim for quality sim time and not membercount, so an "executive yes/no decision" without knowing who you are dealing with is not gonna happen. The application process is therefore indeed a bit of "why should WE hire YOU“ along with "why we are interesting to you“.

• Like 1

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

I wasn't going to reply to this, but thanks to my members who did it for me.

But since shots were fired in my direction, I'll pitch in.

Whatever your thoughts are on milsim squads and their level of seriousnes are totally fine with me Snappy.

But we have been doing this for a couple of years now- so we have discovered that it is very useful to map expectations of all interested pilots. Different groups offer very different experiences, and we find it extremely useful to gauge on what grounds applicants are interested and what type of experience they look for in their group.

Either way- I see no need to use our recruitment thread as a place where outsiders tell us their piece of mind of how a group ,which they have no affiliation with, should be managed. Make your own group or join some group more to your liking or whatever it is that you like to do. You were indeed right when you guessed "each to their own".

Let's keep this thread for what it is for. Questions and applications from interested players.

Good day.

Edited by REDEYE_CVW-66
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Snappy said:

Fair enough , Lt. Jaeger, polite introductions are fine. Just personally I find these here still over the top as  prerequisites for doing sth simple like joining a squadron in your already  sparse valuable free time.They should be appreciative that people want to join them at all, given the abundance of squadrons out there.

This „why we are interesting to you“ seems really like a thinly and not very cleverly veiled „why should WE hire YOU“ , which would probably make me immediately disregard these guys. If you run a hobby like a job organisation.

And if the very guy responsible for recruiting here isn’t able to take an executive yes/no decision by himself but has „forward the request to his CO“…. boy am I out at this point.

sLYFa is bang on the buck. I think you'd be surprised how much time and effort is invested into making realism oriented communities function at all. There are A LOT of DCS players that think they want to join a realistic community but then realize that they're not willing to invest the time and effort required. That could amount weeks or even months of wasted effort from the communities point of view in training that recruit. That's why it's so important to do proper vetting beforehand to make sure people know what they're getting into and that they have the willpower to reach an adequate skill level.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

11 hours ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

I wasn't going to reply to this, but thanks to my members who did it for me.

But since shots were fired in my direction, I'll pitch in.

Whatever your thoughts are on milsim squads and their level of seriousnes are totally fine with me Snappy.

But we have been doing this for a couple of years now- so we have discovered that it is very useful to map expectations of all interested pilots. Different groups offer very different experiences, and we find it extremely useful to gauge on what grounds applicants are interested and what type of experience they look for in their group.

Either way- I see no need to use our recruitment thread as a place where outsiders tell us their piece of mind of how a group ,which they have no affiliation with, should be managed. Make your own group or join some group more to your liking or whatever it is that you like to do. You were indeed right when you guessed "each to their own".

Let's keep this thread for what it is for. Questions and applications from interested players.

Good day.

Hi  again guys,

Well I reflected on this a bit. I think you’re right.

I personally do not agree with your methods, but in the end it is your gig and you may run it of course in the way you see fit.

So kindly accept my apologies for derailing your recruitment thread .

Regards, 

Snappy 

Edited by Snappy