F-14 Campign mission "Bugs"

VML_robáG

Hi!

I found three "weird bugs" that [Operation: Cage the Bear SuperCarrier Cold start] showed in 3-4 missions.

- At startup, I have to ask the start up twice in the radio menu for the ATC to respond.

- As the catapult leaves the F-14, the ATC will already begin to assign approach parameters to the landing.

- I can't communicate with my accompanying pilot via the RIO radio. In the mission, the player's squad radio is set to 124,000 MHz, while 131,000 MHz appears on the VHF / UHF radio after the RIO starts the system. I was able to attach pictures to that.

I don’t know if this is the right place to report the problem but I didn’t have a better idea.

Thanks for the help. :joystick:

vhf_uhf.thumb.jpg.09ac4b54a9428cf861860978552cbd23.jpg

vhf_uhf2.thumb.jpg.2442b685b0f46cae01069970e02dd449.jpg

Edited by VML_robáG

I forwarded it to Kaba. The ATC stuff are more likely DCS bugs though where he won't be able to fix them.

As for radios, iirc the ME setting would affect the pilot's radio. Jester tunes his radio likely to some TAC unit or ATC closeby. (as you can see, the 182 does not use channel but manual in your screenshot, the pilot radio however uses the channel, which should be 124). In worst case you can just tune it to 124 and talk to your flight like that, either pilot or rio radio.

Kaba will take a look though.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hi folks

I've run through the mission you've screenshotted above to check this.

ATC responded to my request to startup straight away, and was silent after that - so sounds like a small DCS bug there I'm afraid - might be worth reporting in the supercarrier bugs forum? On the bright side, this shouldn't actually affect the mission itself!

RIO radio - you need to make sure that the RIO has set the right comms before you can communicate using his radio. You can do that in the Jester menu. I suspect on this mission he sets to 131.000 because that's the freq for Batumi, the closest airbase? However, he does seem to default to FM rather than AM, which must be adjusted in the Jester menu or the RIO pit (your flight is on AM).

IronMike not sure if these default settings are intentional?

Hope this helps but if anything else let me know

As for radios, iirc the ME setting would affect the pilot's radio. Jester tunes his radio likely to some TAC unit or ATC closeby. (as you can see, the 182 does not use channel but manual in your screenshot, the pilot radio however uses the channel, which should be 124). In worst case you can just tune it to 124 and talk to your flight like that, either pilot or rio radio.

Oh, Mikey... pilot's radio cannot use this freq (124MHz) :)

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#an-arc-159-uhf-1-radio

Afaik we have no control over default settings for radios in ME. We do however have it for TACAN. So, maybe it'd be good idea to add such option in the future?

Just telling Jester to select Channel 1 is enough for Wingman comms atm.

In the briefing the radio channels list is valid for RIO's radio but for Pilot is the same except the Channel 1.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I forwarded it to Kaba. The ATC stuff are more likely DCS bugs though where he won't be able to fix them.

Kaba will take a look though.

I tried a little more and noticed that if the F-14 starts with a cold start (Takeoff from ramp) then the RIO radio switches from channel 1 to the nearest airport frequency set manually.

When Takeoff from parking hot is selected, the RIO radio remains on channel 1, regardless of whether the aircraft is at the airport or on the carrier.