A10-C II Campaigns

Hello guys,

do you think that the campaigns of the old A-10C like Red Flag or The Enemy Within 3.0, will be playable with the new one ? Cause campaigns are allways a good way to learn deeply a module and are also very important for Solo Community

F-16C Viper, FA-18 Hornet, Mirage 2000C, Supercarrier, Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria ;)

I am just thinking out loud here, nothing is sure, especially in DCS. You should be able to load each mission individually in the Mission Editor and replace the old A-10C with the A-10C II and play without problems. Emphasis on should. It is possible that 3rd Party Campaign Devs release an update to their campaigns (I imagine for free) so that you can play with the new A-10C. I wouldnt expect them to update their campaings in a way that it makes full use of the new features (incorpate them in voice-overs, objectives, briefings etc.) but atleast you will be able to use them in those campaigns if they do it.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Existing campaigns for the legacy A-10C fixed to acceptable state, and fully remastered campaigns for the new A-10C. To get something more out of A-10C new release, but then again, dynamic campaign ... so not sure if it's worth it.

If the old one would be kept that is.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I hope they update the existing Georgian Hammer and Red Flag. I don't want a cool new toy with nowhere to play

Georgian Hammer campaign is not protected. I think if ED doesn't convert it, someone else will.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Georgian Hammer campaign is not protected. I think if ED doesn't convert it, someone else will.

I have been doing some corrective actions to the A-10c Georgian Hammer campaign lately, mainly moving Units and FARPS out of the trees, realigning all aircraft to parking spots and landing runways, it was a real mess, need to clear trees for tank platoons that advance through forests and god knows what else, progress is going slowly at the moment.

Might post work in progress on User Download site soon, re-testing if it works in the most time consuming and unlikely to happen any time soon.

Me doing any A-10c II conversion will not happen until I have done all of this original campaign first.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I've got a campaign in the works right now, on track (at the moment!) to complete early 2021. Absolutely not a promise...but I'm hopeful I'll be able to create 2 versions, one for each A-10 model. The A-10C II version would probably be just a change of unit and different weapons loadouts, but no new voiceovers/gameplay specifically aimed at the new model.

All this depends of course on the commonality of triggers/arguments between the two models, if it involves extensive rewriting of the triggers I doubt I'll have the time to do it.

I have been doing some corrective actions to the A-10c Georgian Hammer campaign lately, mainly moving Units and FARPS out of the trees, realigning all aircraft to parking spots and landing runways, it was a real mess, need to clear trees for tank platoons that advance through forests and god knows what else, progress is going slowly at the moment.

Might post work in progress on User Download site soon, re-testing if it works in the most time consuming and unlikely to happen any time soon.

Me doing any A-10c II conversion will not happen until I have done all of this original campaign first.

Regards, Ian.

Thank you Ian for all the work and effort you invest to keep the old campaigns playable!

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

If I've understood correctly, any one buying the A10 for the first time will only get the A10 II.

This is my understanding too, only folk who purchased the A10-C before the II releases will have both versions to fly post release. Only my understanding though, I may have mis understood.

Maybe BIGNEWY or NineLine could chime in with a confirmation of how it will work.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I thought I read otherwise but just had another look and you are correct.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=282091&page=8

Good find.

We both stand corrected. :)

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.