SU-57 Felon EFM Build

• 3 weeks later...

Very impressed by how your skills are growing. I wish you the best of luck in your talks with Sukhoi.

One small idea... if you are talking to Sukhoi you might also look into permissions for modelling some concept aircraft that never saw hardware. I would pay for a T-12, S-37 delta, or T4MS... even if they were just AI aircraft to fight against. Add a few vehicles (e.g. T-95, Wegmann Panther giraffe tank destroyer) and you have an alternative history pack where the cold war lasted until the year 2000.

The reference material isn't as detailed (except possibly for some T-12 variants), requiring some guesswork - but the avionics would be less classified than those of the Pak-FA or Su-35. They are also very relevant to aircraft like the Eurofighter... which was designed on the assumption that the cold war wasn't coming to an end and that the Soviet Union would field 4.5 gen aircraft in large numbers.

With BS3 ED has already shown a willingness to consider what would happen if a 1980s test-bed (Ka-50) had been developed during the 1990s (and actually received air-to-air missiles and lengthened wings). So I wouldn't see it as entirely out of the question that ED would allow a license.

Anyway, it is one more thing you could possibly ask about if you are looking for possible ways forward.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In principle, the new version will not be an official third-party module.
I hope CubanAce's next work can solve the following problems:
-The existing EFM can allow the aircraft to accelerate to a breakthrough of Mach 1 during vertical climb.
-The FBW system does not seem to be smooth enough, and some feedback at high angles of attack is reminiscent of the DCS F-15.
-Correct opening and closing animation of the fox2 bay (refer to https://findpatent.ru/patent/261/2614871.html).
-The correct internal structure of the mainbay (refer to S-37 photo8992721.jpg).

Due to Su-57 radars placed all around the aircraft it should have at least 300 degrees field of view (scan "cone") if we count only cheek radars.
Furthermore, because of the use of AESAs it should scan ALL of that within a dozen of seconds.
Finally, Su-57 doesn't have 3d thrust vectoring. It's 2D, but turned to each other forming a V-shaped pattern.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't know if I installed the mod incorrectly or not but I cant fly the SU-57, every time I select the plane nothing happens. Is this not a stand alone mod? If not what module am I missing because all I have is the F/A-18C, MI-24P and F-15C.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2020 at 2:39 PM, cubanace said:

New cockpit and external model progress.

my apologies for not being so active but im extremely busy lots of research and study  to bring you guys this new build of the SU-57 .

EFM is also started developing  tools such as CFD and matlab snd Simulink  are being used to create the FM and Systems. 20210915_134328.jpg

Screenshot_110.png

Screenshot_106.png

Screenshot_114.png

Edited by cubanace
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/18/2021 at 7:18 PM, flavnet said:

Hello everyone! Unfortunately, the Su-57 mod does not work with DCS 2.7.6.12852 Open Beta version. I hope it's possible to reactivate its functionality soon. It's one of the coolest mods for DCS!!!

Just checked - it still works for me. Boy, you had me scared. Just flew a couple of missions - no issues: The external and the cockpit models are fine. What kind of problems are you experiencing??