Multiple Radar/AWG-9/Phoenix Issues since patch 2.5.6.52437

Bearfoot

I don't really have an issue online*, TWS shots from 30 - 40 nm away for me has a high rate of hit. I don't really babysit Jester aside from the STT,Scan range or A/G stuff.

STT however can be a bit of a pain to deal with Jester as he tends to lose the lock rather quick which can be annoying when your sparrow is almost there.

*Unless the server is crapping out and lagging bad with rubber banding or planes frozen in place.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing ghost contacts in SP, checkked the ACMI and i see that the bandints are dropping chaffs, don't know how much should affect the AWG-9.

As tracks don't work i recorded some videos and upped the ACMIs.

Again, i don't know how much this is intended, for sure the radar is getting fooled pretty easily in TWS even when looking well up.

Here's the links:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LDKNSeXwGmUNHLwpJlLfXVczq9R-yQeO

I made some other tests, spending some time also in the RIO seat.

• Removing chaffs from bandits made no difference
  • Increasing the speed to stay further away from zero doppler filter made no difference (maybe even worse as with higher relative speeds there seems to be an higher probability of radar return to not be merged into existing contacts)

In the backseat i noticed the following (always instructing Iceman to stay below bandits):

• Keeping an eye on the DDD radar scope, as soon as contact miss one or two sweeps (couldn't be sure) the track is marked as lost
  • I tried messing with the MLC filter, i can see the difference in the DDD scope, as ground clutters appear and even fake tracks are created, yet, even disabling it manually, it doesn't look to improve notching resistence for above targets.

About the MLC filter the manual says (page 233):

In whichever case, with the MLC filter off, the target cannot notch the AN/AWG-9 if it is above the radar.

So this doesn't seems consistent with what i'm experiencing. I also checked the ACMI and i should be well outside of zero doppler zone, so i'm a bit confused.

@IronMike @HB

Can you comment on how much this is intended and how much this still needs tuning?

Thanks!

Did a repair (just to be sure), and played some other sorties in the RIO seat, this strange behaviour happened more than once:

ACMI is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LDKNSeXwGmUNHLwpJlLfXVczq9R-yQeO

Also, with TWS-A the antenna is moved around, and after each sweep contacts on TID seems to move back and forth a little, as if they are affected by antenna positioning (something i don't recall before TWS-A), i guess this is probably intended but i'm wondering if this also affect returns to tracks correlation.

Edited by UWBuRn