why always ask me to check trim?

MivwTaupos

Me and my buddies that fly in MP see this all the time. None of us can figure out how to get rid of it. We trim before take off and still have it show up. Not sure what causes it. Maybe it's a bug.

Are you using the T/O trim button or are you setting with the trim tab?

are you taking off from a land based field or launching off at carrier?

the only time in see that Waring is when im launching off the carrier and for get to set trim for my weight what you should set it to is found in the manual or the NATOPS

004.thumb.png.ad024f56ee36ee5ca143ac15a0a85d2a.png

• Like 1

I see this warning in mid-flight miles after setting Trim for T/O whether carrier or land. I can't find any relationship to weight, airspeed, AOA or anything else...I have noticed this warning at level flight +350 knots, smoking a cig & sipping a beer. Can't figure it out.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

If Take off trim button (centre of the rudder trim knob), does not clear it, just apply back trim until it goes away....

It has always been back trim (nose up) that clears it..

I have only noticed on take off... Or during the take off roll... And I always clear it with more nose up trim...

Edited by gonk

Intel Intel Core i7-8086K

32 Gig RAM

1 Tb Nvme SSD

EVGA 1080Ti

Win 10 64 Pro

LG 34UM95 34 inch Monitor

Track IR 5

Oculus Rift

HOTAS Warthog...mod'd TDC

SIMPEDS Pedals

This warning activates when you power up for take off if you haven't set trim with take off trim button. Press the button (or press the button then trim further for weight on carrier) should be part of pre take off checks.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I always make sure to press the T/O Trim Pusbutton before takeoff.

When starting from a carrier I also finetune the trim depending on the loadout as follows:

- Light (clean): 12° trim

- Medium (A-A or normal A-G loadout): 14° trim

- Heavy (full A-G loadout): 16° trim

Doing that I never get the check trim warning. And it makes for much smoother takeoffs :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

When starting from a carrier I also finetune the trim depending on the loadout as follows:

Doing that I never get the check trim warning. And it makes for much smoother takeoffs :)

how do you adjust the trim beyond using the T/O trim push button?

how do you adjust the trim beyond using the T/O trim push button?

Hit T/O trim, then trim more through the regular trim hat on the stick.

Also "check trim" advisory 9 times out of 10 means you didn't FCS reset during startup @ OP

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Not sure if i'm off subjet, but seems now the Hornet ADV appears if trim is set below 16 degs when launching/addding thrust, as, if i remember, 44k lbs and below it should be 16 deg, 45k-48k 17 deg and above 49k, 19 deg. On the cat, you can clearly see the ADV going off as you trim 16+. So before taking off, a quick look at the CHKLST page it shows weight and trim. And i think hitting the T/O button resets trim (i think) and setting it to 12 deg.

Edited by Doum76

In real life though (which also works great in DCS), you'd only leave it on 12 for runway takeoffs.

For carrier takeoffs, you always trim to at least 16.

attachment.php?attachmentid=248700&stc=1&d=1601369025

Note that when spawning a Hornet on the catapult, it will already be trimmed to 16.

HornetCatTrim.PNG.9ca52d6ab1d669d1aa2c74bad9fe7708.PNG