Mission 13 minor issues, feedback

DimSim

I enjoyed this mission.

Had a few minor issues:

1) Lead APC drove into the sea. Convoy started moving but slowly and in leap frog like bursts. APC eventually drove out of the sea a few miles behind, caught up and move to lead position, then convoy appeared to proceed normally.

2) Near the end, my task was to fly over the convoy to assess damage. This did not appear to register. I flew back and forth over the convoy barely missing power poles, then tried wider circles, accelerated time etc. Eventually after many minutes when I was flying a wide circle looking for missing vehicles, it suddenly triggered as complete.

3) I swapped out mini guns for rockets at the start because I hate the mini guns. Unfortunately I was asked to fire warning shots at a truck. Not so easy with rockets, mostly because I only started with 7 and had 2 remaining. Thankfully that triggered and the truck stopped. (I also accidentally turned on my door gunner who nearly destroyed the truck before I stopped him. Nice to see door gunners working in this mission. Slick always more fun with door gunners!)

I enjoyed this mission.

Had a few minor issues:

1) Lead APC drove into the sea. Convoy started moving but slowly and in leap frog like bursts. APC eventually drove out of the sea a few miles behind, caught up and move to lead position, then convoy appeared to proceed normally.

2) Near the end, my task was to fly over the convoy to assess damage. This did not appear to register. I flew back and forth over the convoy barely missing power poles, then tried wider circles, accelerated time etc. Eventually after many minutes when I was flying a wide circle looking for missing vehicles, it suddenly triggered as complete.

3) I swapped out mini guns for rockets at the start because I hate the mini guns. Unfortunately I was asked to fire warning shots at a truck. Not so easy with rockets, mostly because I only started with 7 and had 2 remaining. Thankfully that triggered and the truck stopped. (I also accidentally turned on my door gunner who nearly destroyed the truck before I stopped him. Nice to see door gunners working in this mission. Slick always more fun with door gunners!)

I can confirm issue 2. Although it never triggered for me. Had to skip the mission at the end (one of the tries the heli self-destructed in mid air at the same time as the last group of enemies at the bridge spawned - maybe something to look into as well)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, Scarecrow said:

The convoy won't move for me they pop  a flare and then they just sit there and then and do nothing, anyone got any ideas?

Hey, Scarecrow, there was an issue with AI and WPs in DCS. I will try to recreate it and let you know. Thanks for the heads up. 

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 7:37 PM, Delta Kilo said:

Hi,

does anyone have any news on this issue?

Convoy still doesn´t move!

Hey Delta Kilo, after the latest DCS updates, AI behavior is heavily affected, at the moment we are trying a workaround in order to solve this issue. 

King Regards Petritis

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 7:47 PM, escaner said:

This mission is broken. When I reach the convoy, they start moving for a few meters and then the leader stops the convoy on the nearby bridge. Nothing else happens.

Hey escaner, this is a known AI related issue. There should be a fix in the next update. 

Kind Regards 

Petritis. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hello. Tried it again and the mission is still broken.
I reached the convoy, and this time they didn't even start moving.
DCS OB 2.8.5.40170

It's the path finding bug in DCS roaring it's ugly head. Whenever it happens, refly the mission. 1 out of 5 it will work in my experience.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hey, escaner, i will test it again and if needed we will provide a fix in the next update. 

Can you check the voice triggers as well?
When I finally passed it, and the convoy proceded over the bridge, they didn't correctly proceed later in the mission according to when the voice triggers kicked in.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...