ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Thanks Eddie,

So those are two life rafts back there. I can see they have lines around them. I will change them out because they look like line reels on the model.

That box next to the steps on the stbd side is definitely an ammo storage box.  I can see couple hose reels back there as well. 

There's a lot of missing parts on the model. I will try to add as much as i can to match it. Thanks again!

The model came with those boxes on the mezzanine deck so i will just put them back up there. 

I will also adjust the torpedo tubes and move the Helo landing tower up a little. 

We had guys that were dedicated to making those liferafts... i think their suppose to pop open after sinking 20 ft or so.   

Something i didn't see. Where is the UNREP station is there one on both sides? 

I will try working on it tomorrow.. Long day at work!!

I would send a donation to admiral for that model linked by saguanay

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

Thanks, not sure the model comes with those refueling stations.

Is this the same model on the link below? 

Thanks Ghostman! I have really really have to like a model to purchase one.. Most models can be found for free online though like the one below. Pretty detailed Sketchup. I just converted it.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/da738558b1230b8288d5590328ce0ddf/DDH-280-Bunny-eared-HMCS-Iroquois-class-Destroyer?hl=en

DDH-280-Iroquois.jpg

• Like 1

looks great and yes that is the same ship before its modern upgrade as in the first link you can see the smaller more modern gun on it

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

I think i have corrected all the issues with the Montreal. I should be able to drop an update tomorrow.

Save your money Sag. It's probably going to be a while. I have a lot more ships lined up after the America which is probably going to take a good amount of time.

Yes Alvarolage, the America is pretty detailed which equates to a lot of work but i will get her done. My hope is to have her sailing before the 4th of July. 

Screen-210604-202850.png

Screen-210604-203823.png

Screen-210604-203836.png

• Like 1

Hey Sag when we animate the Weapons. We align all of them forward. In the lua we can make the CIWS point Aft and Miniguns we can have them point to the sides. As you can see the -180 tells the CIWS to point aft. Zero would be forward. 

CIWS

GT.WS[ws].reference_angle_Y = math.rad(-180); 

Starboard Minigun: GT.WS[ws].reference_angle_Y = math.rad(-90);

Port Minigun: GT.WS[ws].reference_angle_Y = math.rad(90);

This coding tells the Fwd Gun to only rotate 150 degs port or starboard because we don't want it shooting through the ship.

GT.WS[ws].angles[1][1] = math.rad(150);
GT.WS[ws].angles[1][2] = math.rad(-150);

looks damn fine will update my textures after you drop it 🙂

• Like 1

Roger That Ghostman! The new textures are thanks to Sag. I will release the Montreal tomorrow morning!

I got distracted while working on her. The model below inspired me to create model although it wasn't my first. Roussen class fast attack craft Daniolos. I have been working on her for the past two years. Just never finished her but she will be finished soon! All weapons work as they should!!

Screen-210605-182510.png

Screen-210605-182445.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Admiral - Your CB-90H Fast Attack Craft. Do you have an .edm without the rather large flag on it, we trialled this craft a couple of years ago and I want to create a working Mod with it, but without the flag.  

The problem with the hangar door on the image above. Is it anything to do with the landing spot for the Merlin, it looks too far forward and the blades must be clipping the superstructure ?  You might need to move that spot back a few feet, at a guess I would say the back wheels need to be on that deck strip just in front of the M and L letters. I appreciate that would make the lowered ramp VERY close to the flight deck edge but that is a very small flight deck and I suspect they had smaller helos in mind when they designed her. 

Edited by crazyeddie

Admiral,

You have another ship in your mods with the same texture name.  That texture is being shown as it is being called up first.  Either rename the texture or remove the other ship with the same texture from your active mods.  The proper texture will then display properly.

Rusty Gunner

Hey Eddie! It's funny I just updated the CB-90 yesterday and i reduced the size of the flag.. I will release an update of it with and without the Flag no worries.  I have two versions.. One with SeaSparrows and one without!! 

Hawkeye gave me a small clue about the texture issue. I had to completely change the material editor slot and that resolved the flightdoor texture issue. 

First question answered below! 

Screen-210606-183937.png