ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

I mean, technically you can increase poly counts safely, you just have to remember several important factors. But the key one is "What can be seen from the outside at any angle". However, it's not always worth it in the end, especially in a simulator like DCS where you can be be a few dozen miles from the ship looking at it through a T-Pod. There are ships in DCS that could do with a massive facelift, but some of that could be accomplished with newer, better looking textures, while the rest simply need a new model.

That begs the question Admiral, how do you feel about giving some of those ships a facelift in the texture department?

Also, any leads on the MP issues?

HMS Duncan on final Sea Trials.. I will be updating the hull number next!  

The forward and Aft flag poles along with the Flight decks lower..  It has Navigation light.. i will be adding some light to the flight deck as well.. 

Screen_210124_163911.jpg

Screen_210124_164142.jpg

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Guys! I have added the link to the updated Tarantula Class Corvette to page 1 for download.

Nice!

4 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

As always if you see any major issues let me know!

Wrong missile type - those are Uran launchers.

17 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Right now it will only be missiles from DCS until i learn how to declare other missiles..

Well the missile as such is in DCS, but I guess it only exists as the air-launched variant(Kh-35), so I don't know if its possible to get it to launch from a ship.....visually it also lacks the booster section of the SSM variant.

Another thing with missiles. Some missiles will not work on some ships. I could only get one version to work with Tarantula. It's same with mini-guns.. some guns will not shoot on certain ships.

I started working on USNS Patuxent deck lights.. I will release her with the Kidd soon..  Those are all amber decks lights!  We spent a lot of nights conducting Underway Replenishment Operations. 

Screen_210125_185053.jpg

Screen_210125_185212.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

But it seems, that I have no possibilities to work with emd data. Is there an 3ds, stl, stp.....format thinkable....? Just asking, your work is great and I have some comrades, that would wish to have their old vessel as a printable file....one of them is now an admiral. A real one.... 😉

Land based LCAC is separate.. I will be finishing the Oiler up soon and soon to follow USS Kidd DD-993.

HMS Duncan is ready to hit the high seas thanks to Eddie. He contributed some great textures to bring the colors out. I'm fine tuning now for a weekend release! Stay Tuned!

Screen_210128_101719.jpg

Screen_210128_101730.jpg

Screen_210128_101736.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral189 said:

Land based LCAC is separate.. I will be finishing the Oiler up soon and soon to follow USS Kidd DD-993.

HMS Duncan is ready to hit the high seas thanks to Eddie. He contributed some great textures to bring the colors out. I'm fine tuning now for a weekend release! Stay Tuned!

Screen_210128_101719.jpg

Screen_210128_101730.jpg

Screen_210128_101736.jpg

I can't wait to put together a task force with this and Joey45's QE carrier!

Also I noticed the CIWS and the RAM on the USS San Antonio and USS Oak Hill are broken. They ether don’t work at all, or the bullets of the CIWS come from a different location than the barrel on the Phalanx, and the RAM (the RAM is the entire RIM-116 system with its launcher) spins facing up like a radar and dosen’t fire, and the RAM tracks a target inverted, EG if a target is approaching from behind the RAM tracks from the back so it’ll fire the missile the oposite direction of e incoming target. Not sure if that all makes sense hope it does