ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

23 minutes ago, Penguin625 said:

has it been released yet? im getting mixed messages from all the pics. also the link isnt on page 1 so idk were it is or am i just stupid and it has not been released yet. 

You're right.

USS America is currently on sea trials and has not been released yet.

All seems  going very well thus far... 😜

Thanks Toan! 

No Penquin, i haven't released her yet. Not more i can do to her other than what's been mentioned. I have someone testing her now looking for issues that i can correct before release. 

Also, you asked about making the Osprey operate like a Helicopter.  I attempted it but it didn't work. The Osprey is configured to fly like an airplane. 

aPZmXw3.png

• Like 2

Well, I tried to use the AI V-22 Osprey several times recently, and managed to make it take-off like a helicopter (see screenshot).

This screenshot is a lift-off from the HMS Ocean carrier, with a surface wind at 20 kts, with vessel speed of 10 kt, and mass of the V-22 at 63% MTOW.

But, whatever the ship, I never managed to have the Osprey land on it.

It always ditches in the water, well short of the deck....

Screen_210804s.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 1

Here's an idea for a ship: the US Navy's Strike Cruiser project.  It never got built, but It would be cool to see if you're interested in working on it at some point.Strike cruiser org.giffile

Not sure if there are any good 3D models for it, though I did find one on sketchup.

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Spino said:

Here's an idea for a ship: the US Navy's Strike Cruiser project.  It never got built, but It would be cool to see if you're interested in working on it at some point.Strike cruiser org.giffile

Not sure if there are any good 3D models for it, though I did find one on sketchup.

This would be cool. I'd settle for a Spruance for Late-Cold-War/1990s ops, though.

• Like 2

Actually he's done a Kidd class, which is basically a Spruance with Mk26 twin-arm launchers fore and aft, built for Iran originally but bought by the USN after the regime change in 1979.

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

6 hours ago, Spino said:

I remember reading about this, USS Long Beach (CGN-9) was on the list to get this upgrade. VLS launchers, two 8inch guns & the aegis weapon system, sadly the 8inch gun did not work well in trials, and the project was too costly to make happen for the nuclear cruisers.

12 hours ago, Penguin625 said:

thanks for the clarification much appreciated. also @toan u by any chance do you have the link for HMS Ocean Carrier, would love to have that and use it. fell free to DM me. 

Hi Penguin,

The HMS Ocean is part of a livery pack for the Brazilian Navy Mod.

The link is  : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3317752/

It includes the link to the Brazilian Mod.

Fly low...

Edited by toan

Hello Admiral

Love what you are doing with these ships We can tell you work every hard on them. I just needed to bring a small issue to lite. On most of your ships you have a Texture file named glass.DDS unfortunately the SA342 has a Texture file with the same name. This cause the SA342 to default to your Texture file instead of using its own. One way to fix this is use unique file names to each ship at creation or if we can’t and anyone is having the same problem they can “copy” the file out of the SA342 Texture file and replace the glass.DDS file in your Mods. Sorry if this has been brought to life. Love your work

Screen_210301_214545.png.1121686f8b10797e4c7eeeb3dea84ac5.png

Hey Scorch71!  No one ever mentioned that. The America doesn't have and so from now on i will change the name of the glass texture. Thanks for letting me know!

Spino, that is an option but right now I have a lot of ships I need to create... A lott..  After I finish the America I will take a short break from modeling!!  I will still model but on a very small scale. 

USS America Update! I'm just waiting for a few people to test aircraft on deck and I will release her.  I think you all will enjoy her. As mentioned and i will say again. The Elevators and the landing lights are not operational at the moment but I will get them to work!! Thank you all for your patience!!

RYR8Ch8.png

VCEqp67.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Penguin, I haven't released them yet that's why you don't see them and yes when i finish the America i will need to inspect them all for any issues before release!!

America Update! I finally figured out how to make the Landing Lights work. So they are all operational now.  With that said i will be releasing her soon for you all to enjoy!! 

6IR8i9T.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Sushy!

You all are the reason why i keep creating models. The models aren't perfect but i keep trying!!

I promise you all the model will be released this week.  Something i learned is ED created the CVN's Hangar separately so i will attempt the same but it may not be complete by the weekend. Stay Tuned!!

• Like 2

Amazing USS America Admiral ¡¡¡

Congrats.

How is this beauty on FPS? Good performance ?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Good Morning Esac, Thanks!

What is considered a good FPS.

I'm currently using a Geforce RTX 2060. With only the USS America in SIM i'm getting an FPS 101 on the high end. The model file is a little big so if need be i will reduce it.  I haven't heard any negativity from the testers on FPS so i think it's good.  

VvJw3Wn.png

• Like 3

Thanks for the heads up.

Im asking because the FPS problems with the San Antonio. At least on my end that ship caused some stutters when moving the view around or flying around very close with helicopters for example.

And looking at the USS America size.....

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I ran a test yesterday and the San Antonio FPS is higher than the America.. If you like i can send you my copy which is the same as uploaded... Not sure what happened with that model.. i created it the same as i do all..

also, i reduced the size of America yesterday and i received the same FPS so i will leave as is unless i get a lot of complaints..

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for taking care of that issue. I will redownload the San Antonio again and let you know how it works now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Admiral,

Hope all is well, your doing an awesome job with these ship mods. Is there a way i can create additional  liveries for the Halifax Class Frigate? I would like to add more ships to the Mod if that's ok?