ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

I did the same thing with the yellow for the Halifax  see the textures for the 50's are mapped somewhere yellow but the model is great in game thanks for all your work.

halifax.jpg

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

Combined HMCS Montréal and USS Constitution training in heavy seas : sky clear, surface wind 35 kts... 😃

Some tight turns at full speed (30 kts) with bank angles approaching 45 °.... 😜

Thanks Admiral for your superb Mods !...👏

Screen_210530s.jpg

Screen_21053s3.jpg

Screen_21053s5.jpg

Screen_210530y3.jpg

Edited by toan

Thanks Tank! Just remove it from SIM. I will let the original modder know.  There may be a script issue somewhere..

So i wasn't happy with the RIM-7 missile added to the Montreal. So take the attached HMCS Montreal.lua and replace it with the existing lua or rename it if you want to keep it.. Also add the RIM-162 missile to the shapes folder.  I will let you be the judge!! Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvxaemkew9yygdv/HMCS Missile Update.zip?dl=0

r,Admiral189

Thanks so much Guys! I really appreciate it. I will keep building them as long as you all want to play with them. Trying to get better at it!! 

I will start work soon on the USS America LHA-6. It's going to take some time so please have patience. Lot of work to do especially on the Island. I will also work on the USS Oak Hill again as well. 

USS-America-LHA-6.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks Tank! Just remove it from SIM. I will let the original modder know.  There may be a script issue somewhere..

No, I mean here on the forum, the land-based LCAC links to the HMS Duncan

The ship doesn't appear in the editor at all so there is no image.

In my Tech\CB-90H Fast Attack Alpha_swedish folder are the files

us.fac-cb90_rgb.dds

CB-90H Fast Attack Alpha.EDM

Swedish Flag.DDs

us_fac-cb90_d.dds

us_fac-cb90n.dds

played with your textures abit hope you don't mind here is the Halifax old green deck newer black deck

HX1.jpg

HX2.jpg

• Like 1

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

it sorta is a dirty version of it will see what i can do 🙂

You guys are better at texturing than i am.. I should create the model and let you all do the texturing 😆

Hey Eddie, i see the issue. In front of the gun there's a breakwater as they call it. So when i look at the original deck object. The made holes to fit instead of closing the gap. So when i adjusted the breakwater to make it bigger. It revealed the holes. I'm plugging them now before she take on water!! 😀 

Admiral. There is a similar problem on the side window of the flight deck office, from the side you can see through that to the sea below, its only a small hole though,

the black blanking behind it just needs extending a little bit to fill the gap.

Super little ship mate, well done.

Screen_210530_190537.png.8ef0c5bacee4318846a470e4e8c0952a.png

Edited by crazyeddie

the only thing I noticed is the 50 cal machine guns are not textured or look like a crazy camo on the Montreal.

Also what are your rules on releasing textures?

Thanks for your hard work

MachineGuns.jpg

Hey Ghostman,

I've corrected the textures on the guns. If you guys see catch anything else let me know. It's really hard to catch all the errors when your just one Modder. I appreciate the extra eyes on the model. In regards to textures. Send them to me and at least let me test them on the model first before you release them. I don't have a problem with it. 

Thanks Guys!!! 

• Like 1

Try these 2 Admiral, it shows the arrangement quite well. The guard rails do not go along the full width, there are gaps for the 2 liferafts to be rolled off the stern with barriers each side of them. 

geograph-5601660-by-M-J-Richardson.jpg

geograph-5601654-by-M-J-Richardson.jpg

There are 2 black lines that look like guardrail wires but that is the seam of the life rafts, it's a slight optical illusion.  Different ship I realise, but I image they were all very similar in this respect.

Edited by crazyeddie

An enlarged version. There is a quick release wire across the top of the gaps, certainly on the left hand, unclear if there is one on the right but imagine there would be. None lower down the other ropes and wires are related to the mechanism to inflate it when it gets dumped over the back end, and something related to whatever that thing right in the middle is. 

Just realised the thing in the middle is the Marker Bouy for Man Overboard ... sorry about the crap image duplication, the site is doing some really weird things lately, cant delete that !!!

Edited by crazyeddie

Quick release are chains.    Guess I'm so used to seeing it just don't remember seeing it.  

The 20 man life rafts are strapped down and have a quick release set on them.  If the ship sinks it will automatically release and a painter line attached will auto inflate the raft.

Thing in the middle is a light stack.  Stern running light and other things.

You can see someone pointed out in the pic about the windows.  That is the FLYCO position and it merges with the top of the hangar.

image.png

image.png

When you add the deck locker on the quarterdeck, you can add them to the mezzanine deck and the flag deck.
image.png

Torp tubes are duals.  Model has triples.
image.png

Edited by Saguanay