ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

12 hours ago, toni said:

You re doing a good job Admiral !  Someone thought about the old Iwo Jima class LPH ?  Its a curious ship that will fit perfectly in the Marianas.

I am working on a scratch build for the Tiltin Hiltons, starting with the Gaum.  I will hopefully have something to share later in another thread.

Edited by USSInchon
  • Like 1

That's an option. I can create the Iwo Jima vice the USS America... It's just a hull number change. I can't find any of the older versions of the Iwo Jima.  

What is the Tilton Hiltons? I plan to create some models for the harbor as well. Like Barges and cranes.. I have already created some buoy's

Edited by Admiral189

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

That's an option. I can create the Iwo Jima vice the USS America... It's just a hull number change. I can't find any of the older versions of the Iwo Jima.  

What is the Tilton Hiltons? I plan to create some models for the harbor as well. Like Barges and cranes.. I have already created some buoy's

The Tiltin' Hiltons was the nickname given to the Iwo Jima class LPHs because they always had a bit of a list to them.  They are unique since they were the first purpose built amphibious aviation ships.  At 602' long and only 84' wide they were a tight fit for the Harriers.

Thanks USSInchon! I use to see all those old ships sitting in the Norfolk, VA harbor back in the late 80s and 90s. I was station aboard the USS Spiegel Grove LSD-32.. My first ship!

I'm sure you guys heard. Marianna's will be released in two weeks.  I have started working full time in the office so not much time to model anymore but i promise you will see some new models prior the maps release!! 

Sherwin Huggson Scott "It is with great excitement to inform you that DCS: Mariana Islands is getting close to an Open Beta release................................In two weeks!"

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 3:42 PM, Admiral189 said:

Hello Ghostman,

I am already ahead of you. I currently have the Canadian Halifax Frigate. Hopefully I will be back in business modeling this weekend!!

Adding a helo to the Flight deck on the Patuxtent shouldn't be a problem. I have already created another version. I just haven't had time to work on any models lately. I will make two versions of it Patuxent. I have a pretty good CH-46 static i can add to it.

Looking forward to seeing this.   Boots on the deck experience.

hey nice to see the Montreal in your video 🙂

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

Thanks Ghostman! Montreal is pretty much complete. Trying to get the Rim missiles to launch from her. 

I have been trying some Anti-Submarine warfare (ASW) against the Chinese Submarine. I learned the torpedoes have to hit the sail of the submarine otherwise they just run right above it.

This weekend i will be testing the launching of Torpedoes from ships. Stay tuned!!

Screen-210508-142213.png

Screen-210508-202934.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks USSInchon! I use to see all those old ships sitting in the Norfolk, VA harbor back in the late 80s and 90s. I was station aboard the USS Spiegel Grove LSD-32.. My first ship!

I'm sure you guys heard. Marianna's will be released in two weeks.  I have started working full time in the office so not much time to model anymore but i promise you will see some new models prior the maps release!! 

Sherwin Huggson Scott "It is with great excitement to inform you that DCS: Mariana Islands is getting close to an Open Beta release................................In two weeks!"

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

Yeah the Inchon was my one and only ship (decommed her and went ashore), but it was after it was during her MCS time, so just MH-53Es and some of the last Navy CH-46Es

damn pretty 🙂

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

here's a current picture

cpf.jpg